Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Tim Richmond, 1982 Winston Western 500 at Riverside Int'l Raceway

B28NbTFCIAAJ4Nv.jpg:large

Doesn't seem that funny, Larson finished 17th and Dillion 20th. Both had a pretty good rookie year. Dillon didn't tear up the cars that Larson did either and he won more prize money.

2014128203732.jpg

Do a google image search for Gordon 3M and some fictional paint schemes come up. I hope his real scheme won't be overdone and tacky, and if they DO keep it simple I hope they don't screw it up like the ugly Panasonic scheme he had this year.

Doesn't seem that funny, Larson finished 17th and Dillion 20th. Both had a pretty good rookie year. Dillon didn't tear up the cars that Larson did either and he won more prize money.

Larson only crashed out four times. Two were due to tire failures, one was due to Austin Dillon.

Just wait til 2015! :D

I would have no issue with JJ getting more than 7 titles, however it would be awful for thr sport IMO. Kind of hard to be a scusseful sport when the face of the sport has no face, if you get what I mean.

I would have no issue with JJ getting more than 7 titles, however it would be awful for thr sport IMO. Kind of hard to be a scusseful sport when the face of the sport has no face, if you get what I mean.

Don't worry, I'll stop pulling for JJ to get a Championship after his 8th. ;) :p

Did Mike Joy say "rookie Reed Sorenson?"

It's been years since Reed drove the Target car, time to update your info Mike.

Yeah, I remember watching NASCAR live, and in a montage, they accidentally identified Reed Sorenson as a rookie, too.

Ehh, I disagree. I don't think that Jimmie winning 8 titles would be bad for the sport at all. Roger Federer won more Grand Slams than Pete Sampras and that didn't hurt tennis IMO. Records, even long-standing ones, were made to be broken.

I also never bought into the notion that the champion automatically becomes the new face or ambassador of the sport for a year or however long. I feel like our sport has numerous ambassadors and faces. That being said, if you asked me to pick just one driver that I feel is the face of NASCAR, I'd go with a certain gentleman who hasn't won a championship yet.

Ehh, I disagree. I don't think that Jimmie winning 8 titles would be bad for the sport at all. Roger Federer won more Grand Slams than Pete Sampras and that didn't hurt tennis IMO. Records, even long-standing ones, were made to be broken.

I also never bought into the notion that the champion automatically becomes the new face or ambassador of the sport for a year or however long. I feel like our sport has numerous ambassadors and faces. That being said, if you asked me to pick just one driver that I feel is the face of NASCAR, I'd go with a certain gentleman who hasn't won a championship yet.

Who?

Looking at the rear camera screen in the cab can you tell what type of hookup and what kind of trailer he has?
I can't see enough to tell what kind of trailer he is pulling. I can tell that it is a Peterbilt truck by the dash.

Back
Top Bottom