Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Cg-egKxWYAAUz5D.jpg

Loved Chads comment on Racehub while talking about the bump n run, Chad said, "we seen Kyle upset, at everyone", it was in the way he said it, damn near had me on the floor laughing.

On side note, I really see Chad making is way over to the TV side once he hangs his headset up.

SMI attendance updates, from Bob Pockrass:

The Sprint Cup race at Las Vegas in March had "relatively weak" attendance, parent company SMI's executives said, citing a decrease in foreign (especially Canadian) attendees because of exchange-rate issues as well as poor weather. While SMI competitor International Speedway Corp. has theorized a trend of ticket buyers wanting to go to Chase races at the end of the year, SMI executives said they haven't seen that as a key factor for regular-season events.

Speedway Motorsports Inc. CFO Bill Brooks had this to say about estimates of a crowd of 70,000 in the 146,000-seat Bristol Motor Speedway earlier this month: "Let's accept that [estimate] at this moment. That's less than half the available seating, which is not atypical for a Bristol race in the springtime, particularly one where the two prior years had particularly bad weather. It looks as though very few people are attending when in fact you have a fairly sizable crowd. It's a function of having all those seats in that very confined space. … I know that it's very deceptive and it looks as though it's sparsely attended but in reality it was a fairly substantial attendance."

Chase Elliott and Carl Edwards at the IMS test:

“Last year we had the big-time spoiler change with the big old spoiler on the back and the high drag to try to draft around this place so that was a little different than having the three-inch spoiler on it and having something real small with much less downforce,” Elliott said. “So it seems like you require a little more brake getting into the corner, seems like it takes a little more effort to get the car slowed down for the corner than what we did here the last race.

“It's hard to say until you come back and have a bunch of cars on the racetrack at the same time. This place is so big and it's really temperature-sensitive. It's such a big racetrack, a little bit goes a long way so if the racetrack gets hot and your throttle pick-up point's delayed another 10-15 feet, that's a big difference for how long these straightaways are. It's really more sensitive to how cold or hot the racetrack is right now more so than the package.”

Edwards has advocated for less downforce on the Cup cars — and has proposed NASCAR make the current package less aero-dependent. He feels that less downforce will enhance the product at most tracks but particularly Indy.

“The move that NASCAR made to a lower downforce package, with a smaller rear blade, I think it’s paid off the entire season,” Edwards added. “I think at a place like Indy, where the speeds are so high, this is the kind of track it will be better.”

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-teams-take-to-the-brickyard-for-tire-test-692286/

Why does Skoal bandit have a football icon? Is that a family member or a famous player? Is the player in NASCAR?

Why does Skoal bandit have a football icon? Is that a family member or a famous player? Is the player in NASCAR?
I believe that is Carson Wentz, and I think Skoalbandit33 is an Eagles fan and he is our likely draft pick this year

I live in Philly too and think Dover is like the Roman Colosseum and Pocono is like the Effel tower

I believe that is Carson Wentz, and I think Skoalbandit33 is an Eagles fan and he is our likely draft pick this year
I made the trek across PA last night to go to Philly this morning. The University of Pennsylvania to be exact. For the Penn Relays. Worried about finding a place to park. Pretty busy place. Heading into town in about an hour. Near Exton, PA now.

I made the trek across PA last night to go to Philly this morning. The University of Pennsylvania to be exact. For the Penn Relays. Worried about finding a place to park. Pretty busy place. Heading into town in about an hour. Near Exton, PA now.
Not to far from me, I live in Kennett Square about a half hour south of Exton, and yeah I want no part of parking in Philly, any part of it

yeah i mean i just don't get it. why change Homestead after 1995's wonderful 3 car wreck to victory in Busch? Why change Bristol after 1995's radiator explosion win? Why change atlanta after 1996's sold out race in 24 degrees?
Its like making the baseball ball a yellow tennis ball why!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indy will be fine with the lapped cars traffic, like Bristol was spiced with traffic . At Indy and Pocono debris cautions cancel lap traffic and reduce the racing.

Still not a fan of the Cup or Cup lite cars racing at Indy.

http://www.danicapatrick.com/news#geico-500-pre-report-2
Describe the intensity of restrictor-plate racing.

“It’s super easy to drive around the track flat-out by yourself. It’s not hard at all. When you put all of the other cars around you, it’s not necessarily about how the car feels on the track, although that can be an issue, for sure, at times. It’s more about what everyone else is doing around you. You’re constantly looking at what’s happening in front of you. You’re also looking at what’s behind you. Probably more important than what’s happening in front of you is what’s happening behind you – who’s coming, who’s following you, who’s helping you move forward. There have been plenty of times that I’ve gone to the bottom and complained, ‘Where’s my help?’ It seems like I’ll slot in on the bottom line and then everyone behind me disappears. You really have to have people behind you, pushing you. The race is constantly evolving and you and your spotter have to be on it. It’s a big race for spotters, so having a really good one that you trust is very important

@Mr Excitement

I think her and Brandon have a good relationship....I like listening to the two of them

Rodney Childers on Twitter was talking about it being the wrong year to move up.lol

This the entry list for the 2000 Myrtle Beach 250... My goodness what a list. Jimmie was still in the 92 car at the time. Leffler, Fedewa, Harvick, Hornaday, Trickle, Ricky Hendrick, Attwood, etc.

What a time it was with all of the old and new faces at the time.

ChVYjzXXEAAE-Wr.jpg

Rodney Childers on Twitter was talking about it being the wrong year to move up.lol

This the entry list for the 2000 Myrtle Beach 250... My goodness what a list. Jimmie was still in the 92 car at the time. Leffler, Fedewa, Harvick, Hornaday, Trickle, Ricky Hendrick, Attwood, etc.

What a time it was with all of the old and new faces at the time.

ChVYjzXXEAAE-Wr.jpg
Heck with the drivers; the owners' list alone is a hoot.

Back
Top Bottom