Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Didn't know Mike Curb has been with NASCAR that long... Interesting and Brett Farve?

Wow.
There was a time when several NFL players though getting into NASCAR was the thing to do. Dan Mario, Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman, and Favre. I think they saw Joe Gibbs being successful and thought it was easy.

They were quick on the trigger with the Fan Council Survey this week. It was out almost before the race was over.

Guess I'm not on the list this week. Maybe they're mad at me for the last 2. hehehe
You got yours early last week. I didn't get mine until Monday morning. My guess is that they're unhappy with me for sure. :D

ugghh, just realized I won't be watching until memorial day. No more races on Fox until then. That sucks. This season has been pretty fun to watch. I might have to try to find some way to watch from the internet. Stupid FS1 and high cable prices!

ugghh, just realized I won't be watching until memorial day. No more races on Fox until then. That sucks. This season has been pretty fun to watch. I might have to try to find some way to watch from the internet. Stupid FS1 and high cable prices!
Why is FS1 stupid ?

A friend of mine posted this ----------describes me to a T.
13151529_10209190283538811_3071968631586223976_n.jpg

Why not cut all your costs and go with a ARNU Box 10? All you need is internet and you can watch what you want when you want.

Why not cut all your costs and go with a ARNU Box 10? All you need is internet and you can watch what you want when you want.
I've asked in the past and haven't gotten an answer. I'll ask again.

Where on the Internet is this box pulling content from? Specifically, where's it getting Fox and NBC content?

Why is FS1 stupid ?
Only because cable is expensive so I can't get it. I was just being sarcastic. I have no real issues with FS1.

I think this only works if you are outside of the country. I think I would need to setup a VPN to get it to work.

I've asked in the past and haven't gotten an answer. I'll ask again.

Where on the Internet is this box pulling content from? Specifically, where's it getting Fox and NBC content?
It is just using the FoxGo app and NBCSN app to get content, but you need to be outside of the country in order for it to work, or have a cable subscription. You could always set up a VPN to try to trick the apps, but not sure how all that works.

... It is just using the FoxGo app and NBCSN app to get content, but you need to be outside of the country in order for it to work, or have a cable subscription. You could always set up a VPN to try to trick the apps, but not sure how all that works.
If I have to have a cable subscription anyway (which is what I suspected), what's the point?

If I have to have a cable subscription anyway (which is what I suspected), what's the point?
Well if you live outside the US, you do not need a cable subscription.
Unfortunately, if you live in the US, you do. Or get a VPN and someone to help you set that up.

I'm not sure if I really understand this either. If it's simply a way to display streams from the internet onto a television, many televisions already come with those capabilities these days. I recently purchased a new Samsung television that displays live streaming on its own as well as from my PC or phone.

I was shocked when KP won Dover, my 1st race. Even since then, I have not missed watching a spirint cup race on tv or youtube. His average finish was 31 that year. I think it is the biggest modern era upset. Dover is not a plate track, where anybody can win.

I haven't had the brownies either. For some reason, the Walmart in my area doesn't stock them.The local Winco has apple cinnamon,pumpkin spice ,and raspberry, but I'm getting tired of those.
The wife will pick up a box of each kind and pour them out in a big bowl. You reach in and get what you get. They're all good.

Edit: They make 9 different Fig Bars and 4 different Brownies. There's 4 that we haven't tried yet.

Last edited:
$10 mil is the estimated cost of wrecked race cars from Talladega, per the Asscoatied Press

Talladega wrecks come at a price: The delicate line between sport and entertainment was dangerously straddled [at Talladega] by 40 drivers roaring along in a pack of cars at 200 mph. When the dust settled, 35 cars had been involved in at least one accident and two cars went airborne. When Kevin Harvick's car lifted off the track in a last-lap crash, it finally put an end to the chaos...we celebrate on Monday that no one was injured, and better yet, no one died in the carnage that was a typical Talladega race. But all that wrecking came at a price. The cost of damaged race cars on Sunday neared $10 million in losses across the grid, according to an informal survey Monday by The Associated Press of five top race teams. Within that series-wide estimate, some teams estimated they lost $500,000 per car - total loss situations - while others estimated $250,000 without including any engine damage.
It's important to put Sunday's demolition derby in at least a little bit of perspective. Yes, the destruction was unusually high. But the threat of rain played a huge role in the multiple accidents. Normally, the aggression in plate races doesn't come until about 30 laps remain and many drivers spend most of the race riding around in the hope they can stay out of trouble to make a late run for the win. They couldn't wait Sunday because rain could have ended the race with no notice. It meant the pace was much faster from start to finish. Plate racing isn't going away anytime soon, though various measures could be taken to reduce the pack element - remove the restrictor-plates, slow the cars, knock down the banking at Daytona and Talladega - nothing should be eliminated from conversation as NASCAR tries to "fix" the issues plaguing the four events each year.(Associated Press)(5-3-2016)

I was shocked when KP won Dover, my 1st race. Even since then, I have not missed watching a spirint cup race on tv or youtube. His average finish was 31 that year. I think it is the biggest modern era upset. Dover is not a plate track, where anybody can win.
Biggest modern era upset is probably Mears winning the Coke 600 in 2007. Btw...prior to 1998 Kyle was actually a damn good driver and regularly contended for top-5 finishes. No doubt in my mind he would have won a championship had he been able to race in great equipment for most of his career.

Biggest modern era upset is probably Mears winning the Coke 600 in 2007. Btw...prior to 1998 Kyle was actually a damn good driver and regularly contended for top-5 finishes. No doubt in my mind he would have won a championship had he been able to race in great equipment for most of his career.

Go Mears! Although at the time he was driving for Hendrick so it wasn't too much of a shocker. Maybe Regan Smith or Ricky Craven at Darlington, I'm sure there are other big upsets I'm forgetting.

Kyle was a legitimate contender for a few years. He actually won the 1992 Chase for the Winston Cup Championship. :D

Regan Smith at Darlington in the #78 in 2011.

This topic is worth its own discussion.

He won at Chicago the following year too. I had completely forgotten about that, I had to look it up. Crazy

Broke my heart at Homestead when he was crying his eyes out. That last season ('11) he was with MWR, he was a solid driver. A lot of fun to watch when he was in the 00.

I completely forgot that The Glen was being repaved. I would rather see 90 laps on the current circuit than 60 laps if they ran the full circuit. But....75 laps on the full circuit would be ideal.
I'm sure they could lengthen it a little bit, most of the time the race there runs safely under 2.5 hours.

Hard to explain on here so I am going to say right from Fox and NBC.
I used the search and went right to FS1 but I could also have went to a Canadian channel TSN. There is just so much on there it boggles my mind. You should be able to check it out on-line.

Road course racing is really boring and European. Would love to see Milwaukee and Iowa those dates.

Back
Top Bottom