Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I'd be interested to hear the backstory behind Liberty University's sponsorship of William Byron. I'm not claiming taxpayers support that, but I do have questions about it.

I'd be interested to hear the backstory behind Liberty University's sponsorship of William Byron. I'm not claiming taxpayers support that, but I do have questions about it.
Isn't he currently attending Liberty? Maybe they just thought he would be a great spokesperson for that school.

A quick look up shows its a private non profit Christian school.

I mean people are willing to give that fake college money so they can spend it on this I guess

NASCAR still has only 60 sponsors, but most are only for top teams. For example Kyle Busch has Skittles, Interstate Batteries and M and Ms

• Box of Chocolates help mend fences between Edwards and Busch: Joe Gibbs Racing driver #19-Carl Edwards was made available to the media at Charlotte Motor Speedway and one of the questions was:
    Q) How did the photo come about with you and Kyle Busch with the box of chocolate after the Richmond incident?
    Edwards: "Richmond, we pushed it right to the limit, as hard as I could race a teammate and Mars does a really neat thing for the winners of a race. If you win the race, Mars sends you a really neat box of chocolates. So at the shop the next week, Kyle (Busch) and I got together, we had a meeting and it was kind of a tough meeting, but we left on decent enough terms and Randy (Fuller, PR) gave me this box of chocolates and it's 'Congratulations on the Toyota Owners 400 win from Mars.' I don't know if that might have got sent before they stopped it or what, but I thought it was really cool of them to send that and I saw Kyle across the shop and I thought, 'Man, I have to ask him to sign it.' That's where that picture that we put up on Twitter and all that. I thought it was pretty cool. We somewhat made peace over chocolate so that's pretty good."(Toyota Racing)(5-27-2016)

So at the shop the next week, Kyle (Busch) and I got together, we had a meeting and it was kind of a tough meeting....
Why was it a "tough" meeting? I guess the implication is that Kyle claims he would choose to lose the race rather than bump another car. I doubt the truthfulness of that claim. How about y'all?

Why was it a "tough" meeting? I guess the implication is that Kyle claims he would choose to lose the race rather than bump another car. I doubt the truthfulness of that claim. How about y'all?
Perhaps the guilt weighed heavily on Mr. Ed.

Kyle was an innocent victim of Ed's vicious attack. As we all know, Ed once attempted to murder Bob Keselowski's boy.

I thought this pretty scary...

Altho I have since become a fan of his..but at the time..Nup

On the flip side, I liked Carl up until this and a few other incidents made me see him as a simple bully.

Reactions: Pat
The New aero package is not fair to Jimmie Johnson. 6 cups in 9 years deserves praise not modification.

But as we are constantly reminded, drivers never "forget"

But as we are constantly reminded, drivers never "forget"
That brings us back to the question I asked earlier. If it was "just racing," then there is nothing to remember, nothing to forget. Here is my bottom line conclusion: Kyle is happy to dish it out, but can't take the same when done to him.

No doubt in my mind Kyle would do the same if he were in Carl's position. Sounds like he's just upset he was on the receiving end of that deal.

I think NASCAR should try lining up the 1-2 cars in single file and the rest of the pack as usual for restarts. Just an idea.

I think NASCAR should try lining up the 1-2 cars in single file and the rest of the pack as usual for restarts. Just an idea.
Then you would have to worry about the 3rd and 4th place cars jumping the restart - solving one problem creates another. Only way to solve this mess is to put the restarts back in the hands of the flagman.

good point, but even now they aren't concerned with the order of 3-4 cars hitting the line in order. as long as they were behind the second place car when the leader went. seems like it would give some room for error with not knowing who spun their tires or the leader trying to play the second place driver to make him jump.....but yeah, they went forever in the past without this being an issue so I all about going back to the way it was.

That brings us back to the question I asked earlier. If it was "just racing," then there is nothing to remember, nothing to forget. Here is my bottom line conclusion: Kyle is happy to dish it out, but can't take the same when done to him.
I dont disagree with this, but at the same time, it would, or could be bad for JGR as a whole if he did say he was upset with Carl and holds some from ill feelings towards him, thats not good for a multi car team . But then that brings us back to square one, should a team mate bump and run their team mate for the win:confused:

I am probably the only person that cares even the little bit about this , found out what production trucks Game Creek is using for NASCAR on NBC
PeacockOne and PeacockOneB as the core production units, Robo1 to handle the robotic cameras and tape release, Discovery for the pre- and post-race coverage, and FXD for audio submix and editing

FXD is one of the units that is used for NASCAR on FOX too.

image.png

Pretty sure both the 21 and 42 are going to make it. Of course AJ might sneak in there with a win. Totally talking out of my ass but that's the way I see it shaping up.

I am probably the only person that cares even the little bit about this , found out what production trucks Game Creek is using for NASCAR on NBC
PeacockOne and PeacockOneB as the core production units, Robo1 to handle the robotic cameras and tape release, Discovery for the pre- and post-race coverage, and FXD for audio submix and editing

FXD is one of the units that is used for NASCAR on FOX too.
I'll bite; who or what is 'Game Creek'? And I'm a bit vague on what you've listed. Are these the names used internally to identify each rig? Can I assume there are others?

I'll bite; who or what is 'Game Creek'? And I'm a bit vague on what you've listed. Are these the names used internally to identify each rig? Can I assume there are others?
Game Creek Video is the production company that FOX and NBC use to broadcast the race( they do all other sports as well), everything is done via Game Creek minus the in car camera's. Those are the names of the production semi trailers
http://www.gamecreekvideo.com/

• Cars that have gone to NASCAR's R&D Center: Each race, NASCAR takes at least two Sprint Cup cars back to its R&D Center for further inspection. The winner of each races goes except for the Daytona 500 winner (inspection is completed at the track because the winning car remains in Daytona for a year after that race). The runner-up also goes to the R&D Center. At times, NASCAR selects a random car as well. Here's how many times each car has gone to the R&D Center:
    #18-Kyle Busch - 5 times (Kansas, Talladega, Richmond, Texas, Martinsville) #4-Kevin Harvick - 5 times (Coke 600, Kansas, Auto Club, Phoenix, Daytona 500 #22-Joey Logano - 3 times (All-Star, Las Vegas, Daytona 500) #2-Brad Keselowski - 3 times (All-Star, Talladega, Las Vegas) #19-Carl Edwards - 3 times (Richmond, Bristol, Phoenix) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. - 3 times (Bristol, Texas, Atlanta) #78-Martin Truex Jr. - 2 times (Coke 600, Daytona 500) #48-Jimmie Johnson - 2 times (Auto Club, Atlanta) #5-Kasey Kahne - 2 times (Dover, Las Vegas) #16-Greg Biffle - 1 time (Coke 600) #47-A.J. Allmendinger - 1 time (Martinsville) #20-Matt Kenseth - 1 time (Dover) #42-Kyle Larson - 1 time (Dover) So that's a tally of 14 Chevrolets, 11 Toyotas and 8 Fords since the Daytona 500.(NBC Sports)(5-31-2016)

I like that info...can you share where that can be found online?

R/NASCAR on Reddit. A dude usually posts it up damn-near immediately following cup races. I like it a lot too, points standings>chase table.

Back
Top Bottom