Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Has anyone been to Kentucky Speedway? I'm seriously considering going to race out there next month. I haven't been to the night race since the Pepsi 400 in 2002 so i feel it's about time.

Has getting in and out of the facility improved significantly in/out of the facility? I have to believe with the smaller crowds that has? My plan is to play a round of golf early Saturday morning around Cincinnati and then head over to the track by 1:30-2. I figured 2-2.5 hours from Cincinnati to Sparta (45 miles) seems reasonable on race day based on my experience at other tracks.

@Mr Excitement what did Danica say about the wreck on the radio? I was at work....could not listen.....I for one LOVED LOVED how she worked the wheel and kept it off the wall. The haters say she drives scared and that video of her workign her butt off to save the car proves otherwise.

Bb0edMaIcAADrOO.jpg:large

• Ford working with Roush to improve: Ford Performance boss Dave Pericak is convinced Roush Fenway Racing will soon return to victory lane. The legendary Ford NASCAR team has not won a race since [Sonoma in 2014]. Team owner Jack Roush and his current Cup drivers Biffle, Trevor Bayne and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. are as dedicated as ever to turning things around, said Pericak, who took over as global director of Ford Performance from Jamie Allison last year. "I've been in the job for over a year and I've said we've been going to fix Roush," said Pericak, chief engineer of the Ford Mustang from 2008-2015. "The cars this year have speed in them but the team has had trouble executing on pit road. I think they've definitely ... shown a trend of improvement."
    "As it is today, Jack Roush is not happy about the situation," said Pericak, who will leave Tuesday for France to oversee the Ford GT40's return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans sports car classic. "But he's 100% committed to improving the team and his spirits are high."
    Pericak will be at MIS [Friday] to observe NASCAR's new lower down force package for the track. "It will be a wait and see thing," said Pericak of the aerodynamic package which NASCAR believes will promote closer and better racing with more passing. "I think we are headed in the right direction and we're hoping for better racing. At the end of the day, I think it allows drivers to drive the car." Ford drivers have been using a state-of-the-art simulator in Charlotte, N.C., running the lower down force package for MIS.(Detroit Free Press)(6-10-2016)

Other'n missin' gears 'n blowin' up a motor or two, Hornish, Junior didn't do half bad in the few races he ran for JGR a couple years ago.

Penske not lettin' him "develop" set him back some is all.

Hearing that Erik Jones' father succumbed to cancer this morning.

How very sad.

• Ford working with Roush to improve: Ford Performance boss Dave Pericak is convinced Roush Fenway Racing will soon return to victory lane. The legendary Ford NASCAR team has not won a race since [Sonoma in 2014]. Team owner Jack Roush and his current Cup drivers Biffle, Trevor Bayne and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. are as dedicated as ever to turning things around, said Pericak, who took over as global director of Ford Performance from Jamie Allison last year. "I've been in the job for over a year and I've said we've been going to fix Roush," said Pericak, chief engineer of the Ford Mustang from 2008-2015. "The cars this year have speed in them but the team has had trouble executing on pit road. I think they've definitely ... shown a trend of improvement."
    "As it is today, Jack Roush is not happy about the situation," said Pericak, who will leave Tuesday for France to oversee the Ford GT40's return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans sports car classic. "But he's 100% committed to improving the team and his spirits are high."
    Pericak will be at MIS [Friday] to observe NASCAR's new lower down force package for the track. "It will be a wait and see thing," said Pericak of the aerodynamic package which NASCAR believes will promote closer and better racing with more passing. "I think we are headed in the right direction and we're hoping for better racing. At the end of the day, I think it allows drivers to drive the car." Ford drivers have been using a state-of-the-art simulator in Charlotte, N.C., running the lower down force package for MIS.(Detroit Free Press)(6-10-2016)
I think Blaney wins before the RFR crew

Maybe so, but it's good to read that Pericak and Roush are both committed.

Six tens 10s' and one top 5 finish. He's been pretty solid, I mean considering the last four races in which three he's finished in the top 10.

Ryan has been pretty good for a third Penske car.

Six tens 10s' and one top 5 finish. He's been pretty solid, I mean considering the last four races in which three he's finished in the top 10.

Ryan has been pretty good for a third Penske car.
That is probably why DF predicted that Blaney will get a win before Roush returns to victory circle. But regardless of that, it is good to hear that FoMoCo and Jack Roush are both committed to improving RFR. So you and I... I think we are agreeing here.

That is probably why DF predicted that Blaney will get a win before Roush returns to victory circle. But regardless of that, it is good to hear that FoMoCo and Jack Roush are both committed to improving RFR. So you and I... I think we are agreeing here.

Oh snap, I quoted the wrong post.lol

ThorSport Racing damaged in fire

sandusky-fire.jpg

SANDUSKY, OH (WCMH) – Fire gutted the Ohio home of a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team early this morning.

It happened overnight at ThorSport Racing on Campbell Street in Sandusky.

Video shows flames shooting from the roof of the team’s 100,000 square foot facility.

According to its website, ThorSport Racing is the longest-tenured Nascar Camping World Truck Series team, racing in the series since 1996.

The team competed in the Rattlesnake 400 at Texas Motor Speedway on Saturday.
According to the Sandusky Register, multiple fire departments are on the scene.
The extent of the damage was not immediately clear.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/06/13/home-of-ohio-based-nascar-team-damaged-in-fire/

@Mr Excitement I cant believe jhow excited I am about P21 after that near diaster. wasnt able to listen to the radio this week-her and billy gelling?

ThorSport Racing damaged in fire

sandusky-fire.jpg

SANDUSKY, OH (WCMH) – Fire gutted the Ohio home of a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team early this morning.

It happened overnight at ThorSport Racing on Campbell Street in Sandusky.

Video shows flames shooting from the roof of the team’s 100,000 square foot facility.

According to its website, ThorSport Racing is the longest-tenured Nascar Camping World Truck Series team, racing in the series since 1996.

The team competed in the Rattlesnake 400 at Texas Motor Speedway on Saturday.
According to the Sandusky Register, multiple fire departments are on the scene.
The extent of the damage was not immediately clear.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/06/13/home-of-ohio-based-nascar-team-damaged-in-fire/
You know there are better ways to beat Matt Crafton, in all seriousness though hopefully no one is hurt and there's not too much damage

@Mr Excitement I cant believe jhow excited I am about P21 after that near diaster. wasnt able to listen to the radio this week-her and billy gelling?

Well compared to Knost It's a big difference. She kept saying she couldn't pass anyone and was pretty frustrated during the entire race. Mears was 12 laps down and was racing her like he was on the lead lap racing for position. They're just an average team and need to find a half second else they will just continue to be a mid pack battling for a top 20.

“We had an OK day,” Patrick said. “It wasn’t good, but it wasn’t awful either. We’ll take the off-weekend to recharge and dig deep to try and do better moving forward.”

Well compared to Knost It's a big difference. She kept saying she couldn't pass anyone and was pretty frustrated during the entire race. Mears was 12 laps down and was racing her like he was on the lead lap racing for position. They're just an average team and need to find a half second else they will just continue to be a mid pack battling for a top 20.

“We had an OK day,” Patrick said. “It wasn’t good, but it wasn’t awful either. We’ll take the off-weekend to recharge and dig deep to try and do better moving forward.”

Glad billy is making a difference...I see it in the cars as well and DP seems happier in general. They dont need much just some

I'd rather they fought like cats and dogs and improved their average finish. It hasn't moved from last year.

I'd rather they fought like cats and dogs and improved their average finish. It hasn't moved from last year.

They tried fighting like cats and dogs last year and it didn't work. Unlike last year when they constantly unloaded 35 p cars, it hasn't happened once this year. Had it not been for being taken out by a lap car running p17 at Cali, or wrecked at Pocono running p 16, it would show she's been more consistent this year. Both of those wrecks resulted in a p38 and p34 and hasn't helped her average finish for sure Billy knows how to calculate gas mileage, unlike Knost, doesn't make horrendous adjustments calls like Knost, and doesn't sound like nails on a chalkboard when he talks on the radio. They sound calm cool and collected, unlike last year, and with a little more time they will get better IMO.

Last edited:
I hope you're right.

Yeah, same here. I don't ever see her running with the 12 cars that dominate the sport at this point. If she can get in the top 15 with a top 10 every once in a while I would be cool with that. I mean, half the field are striving for those kind of finishes every race these days.

NASCAR has a choice, ruin the sport with the one race one racetrack 4 car chase or make the first 26 mean something. It is not rocket science, everybody knows it but Brian France.

Back
Top Bottom