Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Codj5ShWAAETcu9.jpg:large

Randomly found this behind a local fire station tonight, live about an hour and a half south of Pocono
Screenshot_2016-07-31-20-51-51.png

Hello fellow ( and gals) posters. I have been gone for a week again and I don't think I will get to respond to any posts. If your really mad at me you will have to do say again.

:biggrin:

The September issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines has a story about a NASCAR open wheel series to compete with Indycars in 1952-53. At the time Indycars were modified sprint cars with mostly Offenhauser 4 cyl engines. The NASCAR version required production engines; V8s from Cadillac, Chrysler, Oldsmobile and the Hudson 6 were used. The article pointed out that Bill France was bodily thrown out of Indy because he was poaching drivers. The article has a bunch of interesting pictures of the cars and drivers. Buck Baker was the '52 Speedway Division champion.

I had no idea the series existed. I tried a search for more info but couldn't find anything (just the usual offers for stuff related to my search terms).

Found this gem of a blurb advertising for Sunoco's service stations. This is from the real Sunoco website...

NASCAR® pit crews can change the tires, install a new transmission, and reupholster the seats in just under 9 seconds. We’re not quite that fast, but our skilled Ultra Service Center teams work just as hard for...

Someone didn't do their homework.... :XXROFL:

Found this gem of a blurb advertising for Sunoco's service stations. This is from the real Sunoco website...

Someone didn't do their homework.... :XXROFL:
I know, not one mention of putting fuel in the car, hacks

Yum Brands is another company interested in the Cup Series title sponsor , not sure that has been mentioned before, wonder what name they would use , Yum Brands Cup really doesnt roll of the tongue .

Coke Cup Series
Kroger Cup Series
Samsung Cup Series
Hisense Cup Series
Yum Brands Cup Series

Yum Brands is another company interested in the Cup Series title sponsor , not sure that has been mentioned before, wonder what name they would use , Yum Brands Cup really doesnt roll of the tongue .

Coke Cup Series
Kroger Cup Series
Samsung Cup Series
Hisense Cup Series
Yum Brands Cup Series

So the options be
Taco Bell Cup
Pizza Hut Cup
KFC Cup

Or....KFC 5 dollar fill up cup

Small part of Pocono track surface repaired after diesel fuel spill from Truck series hauler

Two days after the end of its second NASCAR race weekend and a day before an IndyCar test, Pocono Raceway president and CEO Brandon Igdalsky is having to oversee repairs to his track.

Early Wednesday afternoon, Igdalsky tweeted out his “thanks” to a Camping World Truck Series team that allegedly spilled diesel fuel from its hauler onto a small area of the track near Turn 1 as it left the track following Saturday’s race. Pocono Raceway has told NBC Sports it is not sure which Truck team is responsible for the mess.

The “expensive repair” is necessary, Igdalsky later added, because the fuel is capable of softening the track surface, which can lead to it being torn up. The track declined to reveal how much the repair cost.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/08...aged-by-diesel-fuel-from-truck-series-hauler/

Kurt Busch crew chief Tony Gibson fined $10k after right rear quarterpanel was found to be modified after pre-race inspection.

As a side note.....

CpA0k5xXgAEegLU.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom