Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Co9_XQsWYAAHsGz.jpg:large

Oh man this sounds like it has potential:
m.wcyb.com/sports/bristol-motor-speedway-surface-gets-a-makeover/41093768

Fingers crossed the lower groove and old Bristol is back.

Oh man this sounds like it has potential:
m.wcyb.com/sports/bristol-motor-speedway-surface-gets-a-makeover/41093768

Fingers crossed the lower groove and old Bristol is back.
Interesting, we will have to wait and see. But it's hard to see how a surface treatment could result in a single groove at the bottom. Those who pine for the old Bristol and its MMA octagon atmosphere won't like it unless it is near impossible to pass without shoving a car up the track, and often wrecking that car in the process. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think excessive banging and wrecking make for a good contest of skill. Last year's night race was a really good race IMO, with that thrilling 60 lap duel between Logano and Harvick for the win. Honestly, I don't see how fans who want driving skill to be paramount would not think that was a good race.

The trend for future Nascar is a wrecking derby, the word race will only be used in the context of people going to the outhouse.

25 years ago today, 8/11/91, J.D McDuffie died in an accident at Watkins Glen. His death combined with another serious accident, Tommy Kendell, resulted in the bus stop chicane being built.

220px-McDuffieTheGlen1991-07.jpg

Last edited:
Gibbs boys praying for rain. Dying to try out their windshield defroster systems ... the ones with the giant fans sucking air out of the cabin ... wind tunnel says 50 points of downforce.

And the wipers ... oh, those wipers. Magic.
I hear the Gibbs wipers use the same advanced technologies as the air guns they use on lug nuts. :rolleyes:

Like to see someone do a throwback of the Krauskopf Dodge.

Farmers Insurance would fit – kinda.

So I've actually seen this a couple of times on TV. During practice where they're getting the cars ready for race day, when a driver pulls into the garage, one of the first thing they do in the garage is hook a tablet looking device up in front of the driver while he's still in the car.

Does anyone know what that tablet thing is used for?

So I've actually seen this a couple of times on TV. During practice where they're getting the cars ready for race day, when a driver pulls into the garage, one of the first thing they do in the garage is hook a tablet looking device up in front of the driver while he's still in the car.

Social media? :D
Maybe performance data from practice.

I believe its all the current info for that current practice session, like lap times and so fourth.

Back
Top Bottom