Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

@bobpockrass

RPM replacing competition director Sammy Johns. Philippe Lopez and Scott McDougall will oversee competition starting this week.

Neil with the greatest brothers in the business.

CrJ_fkDXgAY9AVK.jpg:large

Yes imagine how much stronger NASCAR would be with Davey Allison Rocky Allison Adam petty and Alan Kuelwkiki in the Chase

Was talking to a buddy at work and with all these changes to the chase I don't know why they don't shorten it to 3 races. It makes the build up to it longer, and then go 5 eliminated after the first and five after the second with the last 5 battling for the title. Would definitely give a do or die feel to the playoff system

Thank you mam. I was hoping to see "Sean24". I gave him the link.
He is old school and knew Fury from the past.

I have an international Olympic Committee (IOC) meeting in 2 weeks about bowling. what do you all think I should bring up about NASCAR to see if they listen with the upraise of Kyle Larson and
Daniel Suarez?

And if this TBS NASCAR theme does not wake you up in the morning
I do not know what does!

That's the best shot of the dirty deed that I've seen. JHN's wheel turned hard left, his right rear end hanging out from the force and wheels spinning to pin Custer into the wall for the win. That's what I saw when it happened. In my opinion that's dirty and dangerous driving not racing.

That's the best shot of the dirty deed that I've seen. JHN's wheel turned hard left, his right rear end hanging out from the force and wheels spinning to pin Custer into the wall for the win. That's what I saw when it happened. In my opinion that's dirty and dangerous driving not racing.
He's an idiot that doesn't have a chance @ the Championship @ this point. Not a win to be proud of IMO.

All I'll say is that if the cup series saw that kind of racing on a weekly basis the stands would look like this every week.
Nascar is already looked at as the lowest form of sports and nothing but dumb rednecks. What JHN did set the sport back years and proved the racing haters correct.

Nascar is already looked at as the lowest form of sports and nothing but dumb rednecks. What JHN did set the sport back years and proved the racing haters correct.

Nah. All it showed is a young man's immaturity level as a driver, he's only 19 years old and I think he has an opportunity to be a pretty good driver.

This will be frowned upon for some time, but it's apart of learning. I'm certain Joe had some wise, but harsh words afterwards.

If Ricky Craven and Kurt Bush had their finish on a road course, it probably would have looked the same. For those of you who think this was real dirty driving, I am betting you never went the extra mile in any in devour. This is the kind of effort we all watch for every week and yet settle for follow the leader racing.
That's why the stands are empty and TV is down.

The stands are empty and TV is down because of the lottery chase where Feb- October have no meaning and the stands are empty because car count is down by a 3rd. The stands are also empty because the tv only shows one car at a time zoomed in 15 seconds in front of the leader

The stands are empty and TV is down because of the lottery chase where Feb- October have no meaning and the stands are empty because car count is down by a 3rd. The stands are also empty because the tv only shows one car at a time zoomed in 15 seconds in front of the leader
Empty stands? Darlington was packed. So was Bristol until it rained.

Car count is down by THREE, not 'a 3rd'. If it was down 'a 3rd' from 43, there would be 29 cars out there. And nobody misses those last three back-markers.

But at least you're not blaming this on tires or Kenny Wallace.

Empty stands? Darlington was packed. So was Bristol until it rained.

Car count is down by THREE, not 'a 3rd'. If it was down 'a 3rd' from 43, there would be 29 cars out there. And nobody misses those last three back-markers.

But at least you're not blaming this on tires or Kenny Wallace.
You left out Rutledge. He could be a factor.

I can only guess the car count thing he is talking about the field attempting to qualify. Just a guess. That's obviously down due to the Charter System. Does that actually keep people from watching? I know I don't give it a thought until someone brings it up. It added absolutely nothing to the race weekend in my eyes.

My downturn in attending Cup races is simple economics and nothing more. I still enjoy going to a race as much as I did 30 years ago.

... I can only guess the car count thing he is talking about the field attempting to qualify. Just a guess. That's obviously down due to the Charter System. Does that actually keep people from watching? I know I don't give it a thought until someone brings it up. It added absolutely nothing to the race weekend in my eyes. ...
The number of cars showing up for qualifying was down years before the charters came along. Excluding Daytona, I recall the races last year usually had only 1 or maybe 2 cars going home.

in 1999 there were 55 entries
Gawd a'mightee, what the heck does 1999 have to do with squat? That was before the charter system. That was before the economy crashed, affecting the ability of fans, sponsors, and manufacturers to spend money. Hell, Pontiac was still in the sport.

Get a calendar.

Last edited:
Spring 2016, 18 entered trying to make the Republican nominee for US president. 17 were unsuccessful.

I don't have a point.

Back
Top Bottom