Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Daytona International Speedway
1 min ·
The Speedway experienced moderate damage from Hurricane Matthew with impacts to lights, speakers, signage, fences, gates, awnings and palm trees. Our Ticket Office, Tours and the Richard Petty Driving Experience will be closed on Saturday and Sunday. Pictures circulating on social media during the storm are from a weather event in 2009. There was no flood damage to the facility from Hurricane Matthew.
Daytona International Speedway is once again serving as a staging site for Florida Power & Light crews. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who has been impacted by this weather system. We will provide more updates through the weekend.
http://bit.ly/2dGjuGG

14519707_1462120357135852_4443380827119671230_n.jpg

Facebook is telling me from my posts from years past that I spend most of October 8th wishing Bill Elliott happy birthday

It's weird because you're so on-the-ball with Awesome Bill's birthday ;)
You can thank being in his fan club back in the day for that, plus it's the day after my brothers so it makes it easy to remember.

You can thank being in his fan club back in the day for that, plus it's the day after my brothers so it makes it easy to remember.

Ah gotcha. It all makes sense. Haha

@Mr Excitement I wonder what you think - The 10 team seems to be quietly figuring things out at the end this year. I am soo stoked for dega-wonder what tricks Billy and DP will have up their sleeves

Good piece of driving by DP.
I know the snips are small, but they show crash avoidance in that last big wreck

patrick2.PNG
patrick3.PNG

@Mr Excitement I wonder what you think - The 10 team seems to be quietly figuring things out at the end this year. I am soo stoked for dega-wonder what tricks Billy and DP will have up their sleeves

10 team has been pretty solid this year IMO. From what I hear on the radio compared to last year are worlds apart. They completely missed it at Dover but have been around a 15-20 team this year. Billy is a solid CC for sure and I'm pretty stoked as well. DP/10 team have struggled at restarts big time late in races and need to fix it before they can start bringing home top 15 finishes and a occasional top ten. I'm not a plate racing fan but do to attending Dega twice ,and the great people at met there, it holds a special place in my heart. That being said, GO DP!!!:D

Last edited:
Just to point out the 10 team out-qualified the 41 team so they picked their stall first. Any complaints he has should be with his CC (especially since they also picked the stall directly in front of the 31 who out ran him all day yesterday so he was always in his pit stall when the 41 came in to pit.) Per the radio conversation the 41 team actually had the guts to ask the 10 team to not pit on one of the late race cautions. I get they are in the Chase but that's pretty lame and pretty obvious they thought the 10 wouldn't be a factor or they'd be able to control what the 10 team did.

I was really starting to like K. busch.... :mad:

In reference to Patrick missing her pit stall:

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/ar...patrick-best-finish-season-just-misses-top-10

For you Jeff Gordon fans out there.....

Jeff Gordon is co-hosting, at least the first hour of, Dave Moody's show on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio @ 3pm this afternoon.

Probably pushing his book.

Commence with the Dave Moody bashing here.....

This is great news. The really long walks, especially in the heat of the summer, is a killer. @Pat

TallaTaxi debuting at Talladega: Race fans sometimes find themselves in a need of quickly getting to various locations on property during a race weekend at Talladega Superspeedway, so NASCAR's Most Competitive track has great news for those who normally travel by foot with the introduction of the all-new TallaTaxi service. The TallaTaxi golf cart service, from Patron Transportation, will make its Talladega debut during the Alabama 500 and fred's 250 Powered by Coca-Cola weekend, starting as early as Tuesday (Oct. 18) through Sunday (Oct. 23). For only $5 a seat, TallaTaxi will provide 24-hour transportation to take fans wherever they need to go, nearly anywhere on speedway property (excluding only West C campground).

The rest of the story. http://www.jayski.com/news/tracks/story/_/page/talladega-superspeedway

This is great news. The really long walks, especially in the heat of the summer, is a killer. @Pat

TallaTaxi debuting at Talladega: Race fans sometimes find themselves in a need of quickly getting to various locations on property during a race weekend at Talladega Superspeedway, so NASCAR's Most Competitive track has great news for those who normally travel by foot with the introduction of the all-new TallaTaxi service. The TallaTaxi golf cart service, from Patron Transportation, will make its Talladega debut during the Alabama 500 and fred's 250 Powered by Coca-Cola weekend, starting as early as Tuesday (Oct. 18) through Sunday (Oct. 23). For only $5 a seat, TallaTaxi will provide 24-hour transportation to take fans wherever they need to go, nearly anywhere on speedway property (excluding only West C campground).

The rest of the story. http://www.jayski.com/news/tracks/story/_/page/talladega-superspeedway
I could have used that service. Many times I've made the hike from Turn 1 to the museum and Hall of Fame and back.
Oh, my aching feet.

Back
Top Bottom