Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

All of Morgan Shepard's wins in Cup:

His time with Bud Moore and Wood Brothers was a very underrated time. Talking about a 5-6 year span where he finished in the top 10 in points.

This will be my playground for the next 6 months, Clarence! And I will continue to root for my favorite driver.

emigrant_basin_panorama%20copy.jpg

14523254_1769707809974887_4832506070427345011_n.jpg

Nice play ground. I'm ready. :)

MeAtMammoth.jpg

This is great news. The really long walks, especially in the heat of the summer, is a killer. @Pat

TallaTaxi debuting at Talladega: Race fans sometimes find themselves in a need of quickly getting to various locations on property during a race weekend at Talladega Superspeedway, so NASCAR's Most Competitive track has great news for those who normally travel by foot with the introduction of the all-new TallaTaxi service. The TallaTaxi golf cart service, from Patron Transportation, will make its Talladega debut during the Alabama 500 and fred's 250 Powered by Coca-Cola weekend, starting as early as Tuesday (Oct. 18) through Sunday (Oct. 23). For only $5 a seat, TallaTaxi will provide 24-hour transportation to take fans wherever they need to go, nearly anywhere on speedway property (excluding only West C campground).

The rest of the story. http://www.jayski.com/news/tracks/story/_/page/talladega-superspeedway

Oh my aching feet. I wish they had this a long time ago.

the fundamental p[problem with Xfinity and other problems in the sport is that unlike all the other 12 sports NASCAR is family run with a dumb family who is clueless and does not care. MLB has winter meetings to enhance the sport. NASCAR does not.

the fundamental p[problem with Xfinity and other problems in the sport is that unlike all the other 12 sports NASCAR is family run with a dumb family who is clueless and does not care. MLB has winter meetings to enhance the sport. NASCAR does not.
I know your not that new to this sport. Surely you've heard of the RTA and also the drivers council? Both of these entities meet with Nascar about those types of issues.

I get what you chaps are saying but consider this: Nascar is owned by a few individuals. The NFL and MLB are composed of individually owned teams, to be sure. And these teams respectively elect the CEO of their sports, as they did with Goodell. However, they do not own the NFL or MLB as far as I can see. Yes, they control the sport to a great extent, subject to the Players' Unions. But other sports differ from Nascar. Hence the existence of Mr. France who is a perfect example of the blood running thin after a couple of generatons.

What are the other 12?

I wonder what the real reason for Truex skipping the test is? Mind games? Think they have a great car and don't want to show their cards? It just seems very odd for a team to give up a chance to improve their car.
Maybe the RTA couldn't find them a cheap enough hotel room? Or, maybe they are getting the necessary info from JGR?

I wonder what the real reason for Truex skipping the test is? Mind games? Think they have a great car and don't want to show their cards? It just seems very odd for a team to give up a chance to improve their car.
I recall reading that Martin said that mostly it was because they weren't gaining much from testing this year, with the time and costs associated with the trip from Denver as a secondary factor.

I recall reading that Martin said that mostly it was because they weren't gaining much from testing this year, with the time and costs associated with the trip from Denver as a secondary factor.

It just seems like a big risk with little payoff. If they are off the truck at Homestead and are terrible, commentators will point back to this decision as the cause. If the budget is so tight at FRR that they can't afford to travel to a test, they probably won't be competitive for very long...

From the horses mouth.....

Martin Truex Jr. says team is 'better off' skipping Homestead test

"It seems like every time we've tested this year, we've gone to the race track and spent the first day-and-a-half trying to regroup and figure out where we need to be,” Truex said. “It seems like it's probably hurt us more than helped us and it's just kind of our mindset going forward that we feel like we'll be better off if we don't go."

"There's a lot that went into it," Truex said. "We actually skipped the Chicago test as well and went there and we won. That certainly plays into the decision a bit."

"We're just trying to make sure we are focused on the right things,” Truex said. “We feel like testing has not really done anything to help us along. We feel like our time is better spent at the shop getting prepared.”

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...SS-Feed&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'd like to see just one dirt race a year. Absolutely love watching the Lucas Oil Late Model races and I'm sure it'd look a lot like that

bowman.png

This is the advertisement on facebook right now imploring me to like NASCAR on NBC. I love the random pic of Bowman getting fluids with no context. WTH NBC? :eek:

Fonty Flock started fourth ‘n led the first three laps.

Reckon ole Perk shoulda picked the outside…….

Fonty Flock started fourth ‘n led the first three laps.

Reckon ole Perk shoulda picked the outside…….
Finished 22nd dnf springs according to racing reference

Back
Top Bottom