Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

CvLIDGXVYAAusvn.jpg:large
My wife is terrified this is what our retirement will be like. :D

cant wait for this miserable season to be over so needed changes can be made in the winter

Nothing like arriving early to get a great camping spot!!!!!!!!!
Eh, too close to the road for my taste. I don't like listening to everyone drive by at all hours. I'd rather be out next to the farthest available treeline. I assume anyone getting there 18 days early won't be in a hurry to leave.

Eh, too close to the road for my taste. I don't like listening to everyone drive by at all hours. I'd rather be out next to the farthest available treeline. I assume anyone getting there 18 days early won't be in a hurry to leave.
It's parked on the side of the road, starting the line to get into the campground.

It doesn't look like they've set up yet. They may have dropped off the camper and will be back later. My brother liked to do that.. only not 18 days ahead of time! :eek:
We always made our fall bristol race a 10 day camping trip. Nothing like getting there early! IMO, camping is by far the best way to attend a race. Especially at the track. Our only exception to staying at the track are our Martinsville weekends. We still stay only a short drive away though.

Reactions: Pat
We always made our fall bristol race a 10 day camping trip. Nothing like getting there early! IMO, camping is by far the best way to attend a race. Especially at the track. Our only exception to staying at the track are our Martinsville weekends. We still stay only a short drive away though.

I agree with the camper trips. Although 4 days in a camper is quite enough roughing it for me. On Saturday and Sunday at the track though, it is a luxury. :)

I agree with the camper trips. Although 4 days in a camper is quite enough roughing it for me. On Saturday and Sunday at the track though, it is a luxury. :)
Oh, I can (and have) gone two or three weeks in a camper, and a week in a tent. But I've never tried it a track because I have the impression it's going to be much noisier than I can tolerate. I like to sleep at night; terribly intolerant of me, I know.

Reactions: Pat
Oh, I can (and have) gone two or three weeks in a camper, and a week in a tent. But I've never tried it a track because I have the impression it's going to be much noisier than I can tolerate. I like to sleep at night; terribly intolerant of me, I know.

Sleep, what's that?

Major Chase Implications :D
Ah, but that's not a Major's uniform he has on. Those patches are the rank insignia for a Command Sergeant Major. CSM is the highest enlisted rank; Major is the fourth highest officer rank. Whoever Photoshopped it didn't get the right uniform. The sleeves should be bare, and there should be gold-colored oak leaf clusters on each shoulder strap. There are a couple of other nits I could pick, but having the wrong rank insignia is the major one.

The error screws up the visual pun for us ex-military types.

Ah, but that's not a Major's uniform he has on. Those patches are the rank insignia for a Command Sergeant Major. CSM is the highest enlisted rank; Major is the fourth highest officer rank. Whoever Photoshopped it didn't get the right uniform. The sleeves should be bare, and there should be gold-colored oak leaf clusters on each shoulder strap. There are a couple of other nits I could pick, but having the wrong rank insignia is the major one.

The error screws up the visual pun for us ex-military types.

Well shoot. Good looking.

Command Seargent Major Chase Implications. Lmfao

what year did NASCAR die for you all? For me it died Phoenix 2006 with debris yellows timed down to the lap for pit cycles. Then they repaved a wonderful track

For any Antarctica residents on Racing Forums :D:

Texas offering VIP experience to Antarctica resident
Texas Motor Speedway has become an international destination over the past five years with NASCAR and Verizon IndyCar Series race fans visiting the world-renowned motorsports venue from 41 countries and territories. They have arrived from literally all ends of the earth, with six of the world's seven continents represented including North America, South America, Asia, Australia, Africa and Europe. Not surprising, the lone one missing is Antarctica, the southernmost continent and site of the South Pole that is a virtually uninhabited, ice-covered landmass. But that isn't going to deter Texas Motor Speedway for striving for perfection by having a fan representing every continent attend a race in this five-year span during its 20th anniversary season of racing. It may appear to be an implausible idea to identify a race fan from Antarctica, but let's not forget that the National Science Foundation's United States Antarctic Program (USAP) is stationed there and those employees return to their U.S. homes after their tenures. There also have been military deployments over the years. Texas Motor Speedway is searching for any individual that can prove they were a temporary resident of Antarctica and their reward will be a free VIP package to the AAA Texas 500 NASCAR tripleheader weekend Nov. 4-6. The speedway will provide that individual along with a guest a pair of suite tickets for the race weekend, pre-race passes to the concert by country artist Jake Owen, access to the Sprint Cup drivers' meeting and garage passes along with a Texas Motor Speedway "No Limits" merchandise package.(TMS)(10-26-2016)

Back
Top Bottom