Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I remember one of those K&K Chargers dominating at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds race track (the track is long gone).

Was at TRD yesterday. This is their "Daytona Conference Room." Check out the shape of the marble table - it's the exact dimensions.

1e81771756f52008dbe3e608ec093cce.jpg

I noticed that on the extreme right hand side of that pic there are three chairs sitting off by themselves along the wall. Those must be Kyle, Matt and Carl's seats. Probably plotting next season's restrictor plate strategies.

I noticed that on the extreme right hand side of that pic there are three chairs sitting off by themselves along the wall. Those must be Kyle, Matt and Carl's seats. Probably plotting next season's restrictor plate strategies.
You can't see it in this photo, but there's a folding card table behind those chairs. That's where the Furniture Row guys have to sit.

NASCAR considering smaller pit crews next year UPDATE: NASCAR confirmed Wednesday it won't be making changes to pit crews for the 2017 season. There had been reports that NASCAR was considering smaller pit crews next year, and a reduction from six to five over-the-wall crew members had been discussed in meetings with the team owner council. Teams also have floated ideas about elongated pit stops to de-emphasize their importance and impact on a race. But NASCAR has elected to keep its Sprint Cup pit crews at six, which has been the limit since 2011 when the catch-can man was eliminated.(NBC Sports)(10-27-

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20161027f

It doesn't sound like he's retiring to me. :confused:

Earnhardt, Jr. "My intentions are to race and that is the plan that we have going forward so we are booking things as normal per usual. We are doing all our photoshoots and everything with anticipation of our sponsors marketing me as the driver of the #88 car. I think that is perfectly on track and a reasonable goal to be in the car and be competing in Daytona. We can't sort of sit and wait. We've got to make a decision. Those types of things have to be decided quite early. So, we are moving forward with the plan to be in the car and I don't see anything that says that is not going to happen. Things are good."(Team Chevy)(10-31-2016)

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20161031a

He did sound a lot better yesterday in the booth. I think Junior is OK now but
is using the rest of the season to make sure. I am glad Bowman got to showcase himself.

It looks like all of the rumors from our R-F "insiders" cough cough were just that.

Goodyear looking to renew contract with NASCAR: Goodyear is currently renegotiating its contract with NASCAR which concludes at the end of 2017. The tire manufacturer has enjoyed a relationship with NASCAR since 1954 - and [Greg Stucker, Director of Racing Tire Sales and Marketing for Goodyear] doesn't expect that to change. "I can tell you there have been several meetings, several conversations about moving forward," Stucker said. "To my knowledge, there are no major hurdles. There are always little items you need to work out, particularly with the way the landscape is now.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20161104b

I know it's just about the money, but the tire debacles of the past few years, coupled with Goodyear's inability to build a racy tire that wears should be disqualifying.

It looks like all of the rumors from our R-F "insiders" cough cough were just that.

Goodyear looking to renew contract with NASCAR: Goodyear is currently renegotiating its contract with NASCAR which concludes at the end of 2017. The tire manufacturer has enjoyed a relationship with NASCAR since 1954 - and [Greg Stucker, Director of Racing Tire Sales and Marketing for Goodyear] doesn't expect that to change. "I can tell you there have been several meetings, several conversations about moving forward," Stucker said. "To my knowledge, there are no major hurdles. There are always little items you need to work out, particularly with the way the landscape is now.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20161104b

I know it's just about the money, but the tire debacles of the past few years, coupled with Goodyear's inability to build a racy tire that wears should be disqualifying.
It's a rare thing on here but I'm going to give Goodyear the benefit of the doubt on tire construction. I'm guessing there's a fine line between the perfect tire wear and catastrophic tire failure. Probably tough to build a durable tire that wears without failure to the satisfaction of the seasoned NASCAR fan.

I'd think it would take a couple of years for a new manufacturer to get up to speed, so to speak. Hoosier has experience with ARCA cars but I don't know how well that would translate to all three upper level NASCAR series. Does anybody else currently field tires for top tier stock cars?

Signing is not an admission of guilt, it’s a release from physical arrest and you promise to appear in court on the date and time noted to answer to the charge.

Press hard, five copies.

Back
Top Bottom