Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

TOP 10 REVEALED IN SPRINT MOST POPULAR DRIVER VOTING

Thought for sure Chase or JR would be in the lead for TMPD award, not Kyle.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...t-most-popular-driver-award-top-10-votes.html

· Kyle Busch (Joe Gibbs Racing No. 18 Toyota)
· Dale Earnhardt Jr. (Hendrick Motorsports No. 88 Chevrolet)
· Carl Edwards (Joe Gibbs Racing No. 19 Toyota)
· Chase Elliott (Hendrick Motorsports No. 24 Chevrolet)
· Jimmie Johnson (Hendrick Motorsports No. 48 Chevrolet)
· Kasey Kahne (Hendrick Motorsports No. 5 Chevrolet)
· Matt Kenseth (Joe Gibbs Racing No. 20 Toyota)
· Danica Patrick (Stewart-Haas Racing No. 10 Chevrolet)
· Tony Stewart (Stewart-Haas Racing No. 14 Chevrolet)
· Martin Truex Jr. (Furniture Row Racing No. 78 Toyota)

41 years ago today, Buddy Baker won the 1975 Dixie 500 @ Atlanta, NASCAR Winston Cup. This, in front of a crowd of 25,000 fans. The race gave 3rd place finisher, Richard Petty, a commanding 772 point lead in the standings over 2nd place Dave Marcus. You'd think that would create an uproar among the NASCAR fanbase over such an insurmountable lead by RP having created the last race @ Ontario Motor Speedway meaningless. Yet, somehow we were okay with that. Young Brian France was 13 at the time. Apparently he wasn't amused and vowed to someday do something about this non game #7 moment. Thus, the Chase was born..... Or, maybe not.

Cwy5FxKXEAEJGX3.jpg:large

41 years ago today, Buddy Baker won the 1975 Dixie 500 @ Atlanta, NASCAR Winston Cup. This, in front of a crowd of 25,000 fans. The race gave 3rd place finisher, Richard Petty, a commanding 772 point lead in the standings over 2nd place Dave Marcus. You'd think that would create an uproar among the NASCAR fanbase over such an insurmountable lead by RP having created the last race @ Ontario Motor Speedway meaningless. Yet, somehow we were okay with that. Young Brian France was 13 at the time. Apparently he wasn't amused and vowed to someday do something about this non game #7 moment. Thus, the Chase was born..... Or, maybe not.

Cwy5FxKXEAEJGX3.jpg:large

ROTFL

Glad I missed Petty point racin’ while Marcis ‘n Baker fought it out……..

Glad I missed Petty point racin’ while Marcis ‘n Baker fought it out……..
That's what BZF doesn't get. It doesn't matter if the championship is decided before the last race. There's still going to be a last race, and drivers are going to compete hard to win it.

"I may not be in line for that big trophy, but I can sure race for this little one and the check that comes with it."

Mixed feelings about this one, it sounds like the plans to improve PIR are going to be moving forward, and If I recall, part of those plans are to flip the front/back stretch
Via Jayski via our local AZ Republic NP

Major PIR upgrade approval said to be imminent: It appears the long-awaited renovation of Phoenix International Raceway is at hand. Directors of International Speedway Corp., PIR's parent company, met in recent days and are believed to have approved plans to modernize the Avondale facility, azcentral sports was told exclusively by two motorsports industry sources with knowledge of the situation. The sources requested not to be identified by name. It's believed the cost of such a major project would be between $150-$200 million and likely would take about two years to complete. For the first time in several years, Sunday's Can-Am 500 isn't a grandstand sellout. PIR has lagged well behind the Valley trend to build new or upgrade existing sports venues.(Arizona Republic)(11-10-2016)

Jeez, they couldn't even sell out 51,000 seats for a chase race... yeah they need to do something.

Jeez, they couldn't even sell out 51,000 seats for a chase race... yeah they need to do something.
Pretty sure completely changing the track isnt the answer, if that were the case, than every track would need to be changed.

A wide move when you consider they don't have anything to offer for 3 days. They may also be getting pressure from drivers association and the owners to save money.

I don't like the Phoenix changes. Make a fan friendly garage, upgraded grandstands, big screen TV. Keep the track as is.

I would have to think two day weekends are a pain for the teams, especially Xfinity & Trucks getting through tech and the practice sessions.

I don't like the Phoenix changes. Make a fan friendly garage, upgraded grandstands, big screen TV. Keep the track as is.

I would have to think two day weekends are a pain for the teams, especially Xfinity & Trucks getting through tech and the practice sessions.
The Trucks routinely do most of their events in one day already.

Gateway, Bristol, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Homestead-Miami are the only one day shows they're doing this year.

Crew guys I've talked of lower level NXS & Truck teams have said it's a total pain for teams to get through tech, etc. in one day. Probably NASCAR's digression though.
Certainly I think for Cup. The 3 plate races, Phoenix spring race, Charlotte fall night race are good ideas when they're impound races or Saturday night anyway.

Got an email today from Racing Electronics saying that in 24 hours they are going to unveil the "Legend."

"...the Legend looks like it might be the best Race Scanner ever built. Or is it a FanVision? Or something completely different...?

:idunno:

Steve Letartes son is on "who wants to be a millionaire". And the idiot MC didn't know how he was connected to racing. :D

Just in case anyone cares, I know what Mike Skinner is up to, he is the "professional team racing driver" "American race car driver on the first episode of The Grand Tour.

Back
Top Bottom