Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

What's it say on the top of the far wall, "Thank you for having your ?Winston? outside" ?
That is very observant..... I had to back and check it out... I think you are correct..... Well...... I can appreciate them not wanting anyone to smoke in that space.... but..... It also gravels my butt for them to put up a sign like that because they owe a tremendous amount of gratitude to Winston for them even being in that position. Without Winston, R.J. Reynolds and Jr. Johnson linking it all up.... they would not be in position they are today.... No one would... So..... that is pretty ass inine to me..... a simple ''no smoking'' sign would have sufficient.... Screw 'em....

If the race ended right now ....Kyle Busch would be your 2016 Champion . And so it starts .

This may have been posted elsewhere this morning but I didn't read it.

Brian France on rewarding the regular season point leader after 26.....

One of the possible changes France said NASCAR is considering is adding a reward or incentive for the driver who finishes on top of the standings after the regular season, the portion of the schedule that determines who makes the Chase and who doesn't. "We're going to think about that," France acknowledged. "I think that's a fair thing for us to consider, to make sure that the regular season is as important as it is."

Who knows what that may end up being?

This may have been posted elsewhere this morning but I didn't read it.

Brian France on rewarding the regular season point leader after 26.....

One of the possible changes France said NASCAR is considering is adding a reward or incentive for the driver who finishes on top of the standings after the regular season, the portion of the schedule that determines who makes the Chase and who doesn't. "We're going to think about that," France acknowledged. "I think that's a fair thing for us to consider, to make sure that the regular season is as important as it is."

Who knows what that may end up being?
My guess? A first-round bye in the Chase. I think that's completely fair without rewarding the regular season champion too much, such as an automatic advancement into the final round at Homestead.

But...the Chase is still awful no matter what. How about rewarding the regular season champion after 36 races instead of 26.

My guess? A first-round bye in the Chase. I think that's completely fair without rewarding the regular season champion too much, such as an automatic advancement into the final round at Homestead.

But...the Chase is still awful no matter what. How about rewarding the regular season champion after 36 races instead of 26.
I'd like to see them get some sort of point bonus that they get to carry into each round that they advance to. Maybe the point bonus that they carry into the first round can be given to them again into the subsequent rounds as they advance? For example, this years regular season winner, Kevin Harvick, earned 6 bonus points heading into the first round. He would then have been given those 6 points again heading into the second round and so on and so on as long as he advances. If he should make it to the last round, the advantage would be nullified putting them all on equal ground for the last race. We see over and over again throughout this playoff setup that points matter. I didn't go back to see how it would have played out differently for Harvick this year but that would have been a bonus well earned and something worth racing hard for during the first 26 races of the season.

You think it is to much to give the regular season a buy into the final 4?
Stop and think just how much it means to be the points leader after 26 races. I can guarantee
no drivers will be cruising after a win because they are in the chase. It also means you earned the right to not have Kenseth or Carl take you out. :owquitit:

Meanwhile back in 2004.

ZXRLUfe.jpg

You think it is to much to give the regular season a buy into the final 4?
Yes I do think it is too much. Does the regular season champ in baseball automatically advance to the World Series? How about in football? Basketball? etc. etc. etc.

I think this playoff system is dumb, but a 15 point bonus + win bonus points in the first round and pit stall selection throughout for all 3 series regular season points leaders would work.

Yes I do think it is too much. Does the regular season champ in baseball automatically advance to the World Series? How about in football? Basketball? etc. etc. etc.
First off this ain't no ball sport. The most important part is that in Nascar, you don't play to win and advance, there are idiots out there like Jeff Gordon, Matt Kenseth, Hamlin and Edwards who will take you out of the championship because they want to. In no other sport can that happen.
That's why I would like to see him/her get to the final.

Yup really pi$$ed. They need to get rid of a few drivers and start teaching the new ones
that your here to race cars, leave the showmanship to others.

Way to go Jimmie Johnson winning number Seven. Now go get number Eight. :beerbang:
JJ had an interview on Race Hub yesterday. I was only half-listening, but I believe he said his current thinking is that he will race another three to five years. Personally, I'll be surprised if it's beyond three, but we'll have to wait to know. But it seems obvious that he is highly motivated to get championship #8.

How long Jimmie races is not the real question for me.
For me, it's how long does Chad Knaus intend to be the CC?
Hendrick thought about splitting up Johnson-Knaus: As #48-Jimmie Johnson struggled through the longest winless drought of his Sprint Cup career, team owner Rick Hendrick wondered whether it was time to split up the band. Johnson and crew chief Chad Knaus have won six Sprint Cup titles together, and Knaus has overseen the cars for Johnson's 79 victories (actually 77, Darian Grubb was the crew chief for 2 wins while Knaus was suspended).
We really just sit down and work hard together and try to identify weaknesses, and I think they have both made a commitment -- they want to retire together. They want to finish their careers together."

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20161119c

First off this ain't no ball sport. The most important part is that in Nascar, you don't play to win and advance, there are idiots out there like Jeff Gordon, Matt Kenseth, Hamlin and Edwards who will take you out of the championship because they want to. In no other sport can that happen.

What did Jeff Gordon ever do to screw with anybody's championship hopes in this format? Or Hamlin or Edwards for that matter?

What did Jeff Gordon ever do to screw with anybody's championship hopes in this format? Or Hamlin or Edwards for that matter?

Short memory? Clint was running second in the championship when that runt came back on track and took him out.
Hamlin and Edwards both have taken guys out just for the fun of it.

Short memory? Clint was running second in the championship when that runt came back on track and took him out.
I think Clint Bowyer should be taken out on a weekly basis ... championship or otherwise.

Mr. Gordon is to be commended for his excellent work.

^ source for that comment has been considered and discarded.
I suppose Kenseth is still considered honorable to you as well.

I used the ^ to indicate the post above. Had someone else posted first it would have been deleted. Sorry for the confusion. I will be more specific in the future.

I used the ^ to indicate the post above. Had someone else posted first it would have been deleted. Sorry for the confusion. I will be more specific in the future.
Good idea. Your consideration of my post is appreciated. Your dismissal of the same post is irrelevant.

In spite of the fact that Mr. Kenseth hadn't been mentioned, I will respond. Yes, MK is an honorable gentleman. Hopefully, at some future date, he will be among those fencing Bowyer from one week to the next. Honorably, of course.

No I remember that loud and clear and was cheering the whole way. Jeff had been harrassed by Clint on track multiple times throughout the year and Clint had it coming. I'm a lifelong Gordon fan, but they had it out a couple times and now I'll be rooting for a big Bowyer comeback next year because I like the guy. But hey, fair is fair. If you dish it out you better be prepared to take it too.

And really, a "runt"? Laughable.

No I remember that loud and clear and was cheering the whole way. Jeff had been harrassed by Clint on track multiple times throughout the year and Clint had it coming. I'm a lifelong Gordon fan, but they had it out a couple times and now I'll be rooting for a big Bowyer comeback next year because I like the guy. But hey, fair is fair. If you dish it out you better be prepared to take it too.

And really, a "runt"? Laughable.
Men of his size (height) are considered runts any shorter and he would belong to the little people group. That is not a slight against anyone's height or is it meant to be racist.

All the Gordon fans agree it was warranted, prejudiced in his favor.
All the Kenseth fans thought he was right as well. Same goes for that crowd.
So I guess I also have the right to consider both drivers classless when it comes to defending themselves. Not man enough to do the sit down thing and come to an agreement one way or the other. To me it is about the same thing as a person who takes one last shot after a cease fire.
Nothing you can say to change my mind about either one of them so don't bother replying to my post.

Men of his size (height) are considered runts any shorter and he would belong to the little people group. That is not a slight against anyone's height or is it meant to be racist.

All the Gordon fans agree it was warranted, prejudiced in his favor.
All the Kenseth fans thought he was right as well. Same goes for that crowd.
So I guess I also have the right to consider both drivers classless when it comes to defending themselves. Not man enough to do the sit down thing and come to an agreement one way or the other. To me it is about the same thing as a person who takes one last shot after a cease fire.
Nothing you can say to change my mind about either one of them so don't bother replying to my post.

I don't get the cease fire comparison because it isn't like Bowyer sent Gordon a fruit basket and said they should let things rest. Bowyer was very much the instigator there, and Gordon got fed up and said enough is enough. And it worked because after that I can't recall Bowyer ever trying to ruffle Jeff's feathers again. Jeff felt he had to stand up for himself and make a statement that Bowyer couldn't ignore or brush off. I can't blame any man for doing that.

I don't get the cease fire comparison because it isn't like Bowyer sent Gordon a fruit basket and said they should let things rest. Bowyer was very much the instigator there, and Gordon got fed up and said enough is enough. And it worked because after that I can't recall Bowyer ever trying to ruffle Jeff's feathers again. Jeff felt he had to stand up for himself and make a statement that Bowyer couldn't ignore or brush off. I can't blame any man for doing that.
I'm not saying he shouldn't stand up for himself and there are many ways to do it considering who he was. I an saying that Jeff Gordon, Matt Kenseth, Kyle Bush and Idiot Hamlin don't have the right to do it on the race track in that fashion. If you like it, that's your problem.

Waaaaaa

Back
Top Bottom