Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Dale Earnhardt Jr. ‏@DaleJr 3h3 hours ago
Christmas party @Ives_Greg house last night. Santa came to give toys to the kids, then he wouldn't leave and drank most of the beer.
1f385-1f3fc.png
1f37b.png

I know that some of the tracks have done already this and I'm glad to see that it seems to be catching on everywhere.

Kentucky Speedway going Smoke-Free in Grandstands: Kentucky Speedway grandstands will be smoke-free, including the use of e-cigarettes and vapor cigarettes, beginning with the 2017 season. This policy applies to all seating areas, including suites, clubs and terrace boxes. The speedway will continue to permit smoking in all other areas of the grounds, including but not limited to parking lots, camping, and display areas. "We are committed to having the very best customer experience in sports at Kentucky Speedway. This non-smoking policy, along with our new kids pricing, assures that all patrons and families will fully enjoy the exciting experience of a race at Kentucky Speedway," said Kentucky Speedway general manager Mark Simendinger.(Kentucky Speedway)(12-10-2016)

http://www.jayski.com/news/tracks/story/_/page/kentucky-speedway

Unless they search every person who comes through the gate they have zero chance enforcing it.
Even that would be pointless. Fans can still possess tobacco products, they just aren't supposed to use them.

One day I'm going into full-blown Evil Scientist mode and develop a tobacco cutworm that's immune to all known insecticides and is capable of withstanding airborne delivery.

One of the reasons the one-foot-in-the-grave folks can't seem to take to the current voices from the booth.

I have something planned for BP. Comin' up inna few days.

Thanks, Kimmel.

I think its the 6% alcohol that people like.
I am not normally a beer drinker but on a really hot day......

There is no link between attendance and venue quality. Wrigley Field is over 100 years old and sells better every game then some races.

NBC is officially discussing (read - pushing for) NASCAR to include midweek races and more road courses.

Whether anything comes of this, I think the bigger thing is it implicitly shows NBC is unhappy with their current TV contract. Not good.

NBC is officially discussing (read - pushing for) NASCAR to include midweek races and more road courses.

Whether anything comes of this, I think the bigger thing is it implicitly shows NBC is unhappy with their current TV contract. Not good.

Let's do it!

I'm not totally sold on the idea of midweek races but it would be an interesting experiment. The best date I can think of is the two-day period after the MLB All-Star Game when there are literally no major sports going on.

I would definitely be down for another couple of road courses. I'm glad NBC and NASCAR are (seemingly) looking to get a bit more creative with a very stale schedule.

I've said repeatedly that NASCAR could use the existing road course capabilities of the tracks already on the schedule - Daytona, Indy, Pocono, etc.
and they already have a date for road course Daytona, replace the 400.
I'd hate to see this. There are plenty of actual road courses out there with elevation changes and the like. Go race on a real road course if one's going to be added. Daytona's road course is not a good substitute for that.

I'd like to see them open the Boot up at The Glen. Drop one of those 1.5's somewhere and add a second date @ The Glen.

Jeff Gordon tests for Rolex 24: Once again, Jeff Gordon has come out of retirement and once again he's in the Rolex 24 At Daytona field. As a high-profile part of the Wayne Taylor Racing lineup that will co-drive a new Cadillac DPi in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship's headlining Prototype class, Gordon is at Daytona International Speedway this week for a two-day test session in advance of the Jan. 28-29 sports car endurance classic. Gordon will co-drive the #10 Cadillac with Ricky Taylor, Jordan Taylor and Max Angelelli. It will be Gordon's second appearance in the Rolex 24; in 2007 he co-drove a Pontiac Riley with Angelelli, Wayne Taylor and Jan Magnussen to a third-place finish. "I had so much fun the first time I did this," Gordon said. "And at this point of my life and career [winning the Rolex 24] would be huge. When I came here in 2007 I was just kind of along for the ride. When you really realize how important this race is, is on race day when you see the hype and buildup and then the challenges you face over 24 hours. That's what makes this race so thrilling. I'd be very proud [if we won]." This week's test is the second of three preseason sessions for the Rolex 24, IMSA's season-opening event. The first test was Nov. 15-16. The final test will be the annual "Roar Before the Rolex 24" on Jan. 6-8.(DIS)(12-14-2016)

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20161214a

I'd hate to see this. There are plenty of actual road courses out there with elevation changes and the like. Go race on a real road course if one's going to be added. Daytona's road course is not a good substitute for that.

I'd like to see them open the Boot up at The Glen. Drop one of those 1.5's somewhere and add a second date @ The Glen.
Oh, I agree completely regarding the other courses. The problem is getting SMI and ISC to agree to give up dates, and we know that's not going to happen. Using the road courses features of the existing tracks (however questionable they may be) is a compromise but I view it as having the best chance for all involved to agree to.

Oh, I agree completely regarding the other courses. The problem is getting SMI and ISC to agree to give up dates, and we know that's not going to happen. Using the road courses features of the existing tracks (however questionable they may be) is a compromise but I view it as having the best chance for all involved to agree to.
SMI owns Sonoma. ISC owns The Glen. Move one of their other 1.5's to their already owned road course. Losing a 1.5 in turn for a road course is a winning situation all around. The track stays in the family and fans get an additional road race on an actual road course.

SMI owns Sonoma. ISC owns The Glen. Move one of their other 1.5's to their already owned road course. Losing a 1.5 in turn for a road course is a winning situation all around. The track stays in the family and fans get an additional road race on an actual road course.
I suspect if those companies felt that way, they would have already done so. I don't see them moving dates around internally unless the track receiving the race demonstrates it generates more profit than the one giving it up. I don't think either body would move a race away from its 1.5ers that have only one date (Chicago, Atlanta). If SMI moves a race anywhere, it's going to Vegas, not Sonoma.

I suspect if those companies felt that way, they would have already done so. I don't see them moving dates around internally unless the track receiving the race demonstrates it generates more profit than the one giving it up. I don't think either body would move a race away from its 1.5ers that have only one date (Chicago, Atlanta). If SMI moves a race anywhere, it's going to Vegas, not Sonoma.
Yeah, maybe I should have added - 'for the race fans' - at the end of that sentence you highlighted. They, the owners, are obviously going to do what's best for their pocketbooks. Probably the main reason that NASCAR is in its current state.

Daytona is the only combined road course I would really want to see.

NASCAR own both Road Atlanta and Sebring now, but as badass as they would be the facilities probably aren't up to NASCAR's Cup standards.

Daytona is the only combined road course I would really want to see.

NASCAR own both Road Atlanta and Sebring now, but as badass as they would be the facilities probably aren't up to NASCAR's Cup standards.
Minor quibble - ISC owns them, not NASCAR. A legal difference, true.

I believe those two and Iowa are the ones they don't own. They're under NASCAR Holdings or IMSA Holdings because they were part of the Panoz/ALMS purchase.
The second full week in December is 'National Charlie Spencer Ignorance Week'. Join your friends in taking a drink every time Charlie posts something demonstrating he couldn't find his @$$ with both hands, four bloodhounds, Google Earth, and a troop of Boy Scouts equipped with flashlights and a GPS.

The second full week in December is 'National Charlie Spencer Ignorance Week'. Join your friends in taking a drink every time Charlie posts something demonstrating he couldn't find his @$$ with both hands, four bloodhounds, Google Earth, and a troop of Boy Scouts equipped with flashlights and a GPS.
I'm gonna need more beer! :D

I'm gonna need more beer! :D
:XXROFL:

Chase Elliott tops Earnhardt with best-selling die-cast of 2016

Rookie Chase Elliott may not have won his first race in NASCAR’s premier series in 2016, but he did come out on top in another competition among his rivals.

Lionel Racing announced on Thursday that Elliott’s No. 24 NAPA Chevrolet was the company’s best-selling die-cast car of 2016.

It’s the first time since 2011 that a driver other than Dale Earnhardt Jr. has claimed the company’s top spot.

“Chase Elliott’s arrival on the NASCAR scene has been big, and the overwhelming popularity of his first rookie NASCAR Sprint Cup Series die-cast is further proof that race fans relate to him and everything he represents,” Lionel Racing President Howard Hitchcock said in a statement.

Earnhardt owned the best-selling spot from 2012 to 2015. Although he was out of his race car during the second half of 2016 recovering from a concussion, both drivers’ standard paint schemes were ordered and shipped prior to Earnhardt stepping out of his car.

Earnhardt still remains the company’s best-selling driver overall.

Earnhardt’s cars accounted for four of the Top 10 sellers in the 2016 season. Debuting for the first time was Kurt Busch, whose No. 41 Monster Energy Chevrolet secured the seventh spot.

Kevin Harvick’s new partnership with Busch gave him the fifth and tenth spots, respectively. Now seven-time premier series champion Jimmie Johnson took spots six and eight.

Lionel Racing Top 10 selling die-casts of 2016
  1. Chase Elliott No. 24 NAPA Chevrolet

2. Dale Earnhardt Jr. No. 88 Nationwide/Batman Chevrolet

3. Dale Earnhardt Jr. No. 88 Nationwide Chevrolet

4. Dale Earnhardt Jr. No. 88 Axalta Chevrolet

5. Kevin Harvick No. 4 Busch Chevrolet

6. Jimmie Johnson No. 48 Lowe’s/Superman Chevrolet

7. Kurt Busch No. 41 Monster Energy Chevrolet

8. Jimmie Johnson No. 48 Lowe’s 7X Time Champion Chevrolet

9. Dale Earnhardt Jr. No. 88 Nationwide/Grey Ghost Darlington Chevrolet

10. Kevin Harvick No. 4 Busch Light Chevrolet
http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...dt-with-best-selling-die-cast-of-2016-859598/

Rookie stuff is worth more down the road if he is successful.
Did Juniors 3 cars out sell the 24? I think he is still the top seller.

Back
Top Bottom