Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Saw this list as well from Lionel so I am guessing the answer to your question is 'Yes'......

CzukHIMW8AE3zNz.jpg:large
I guess I'm the only person who bought a Casey Mears car this year?

Martinsville Speedway Debuts New Logo for 70th Anniversary.

CzqDC8PVIAAige4.jpg

In 1947 there were no credit cards, no computers and no NASCAR. However, there was Martinsville Speedway. The half-mile racetrack opened its doors for the first time and has held races ever since.

In celebration of 70 years, the track will have a special 70th anniversary logo and will brand itself as “The Original,” an homage to its being the only track remaining from NASCAR’s original 1949 schedule.

“Seventy years is something to be really proud of and something we’re taking great pride in,” Martinsville Speedway President Clay Campbell said. “We wanted to give an iconic look to such an iconic place; a place that’s a true piece of NASCAR history. I think the logo does just that by focusing on the past, while also celebrating the present.”

The 70th Anniversary logo features a 70 highlighting Martinsville’s unique paperclip-shaped layout. The seven represents the frontstretch grandstands that were in place when the track first opened at the zero represents the track, in its modern form.

The words “The Original” are also featured on the logo, in a script font, much like the fonts used on early stock cars.

In addition to the new logo, Martinsville Speedway will be celebrating throughout the year, starting in January at the NASCAR Hall of Fame, when the track’s founder, the late H. Clay Earles, be awarded the Landmark Award for Outstanding Contributions to NASCAR.

“I can’t think of a more fitting way to kick off the celebration of 70 years,” Campbell, who’s Earles’ grandson, said. “This track and this sport were his passions and to have him honored this year is truly amazing.”

In addition to the Hall of Fame presentation, Martinsville will be bringing back several Martinsville Speedway legends for both race weekends and one lucky ticket holder will go home with the same iconic grandfather clock trophy given to the winner.

http://www.martinsvillespeedway.com...id=809103174074187776&adbpl=tw&adbpr=21672310

Larson has to be in the top ten. The listing’s false.

Prolly hacked by Russians pissed from 1905.

Reactions: Pat
Kinda random question but does anyone know if there is a rule preventing a pit crew from changing brake pads during a stop? I was just watching a replay of this year's Bathurst 1000 and I noticed they had a nice tool they used to open the calipers quickly and it didn't seem like it would slow down the stop a ton. Wouldn't changing pads be a big enough advantage at, say, Martinsville to try it?

Kinda random question but does anyone know if there is a rule preventing a pit crew from changing brake pads during a stop? I was just watching a replay of this year's Bathurst 1000 and I noticed they had a nice tool they used to open the calipers quickly and it didn't seem like it would slow down the stop a ton. Wouldn't changing pads be a big enough advantage at, say, Martinsville to try it?
Only if they're worn to the point that braking performance is affected.

That isn't a problem at NASCAR road races that I'm aware of.

Target reducing sponsorship of the #42 car. It should free up 5-10 races worth of inventory on the car while Target will activate in "multiple ways off the track".

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2016/12/19/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/Target.aspx

I hope they're not setting up to dip out once the contract ends as they did with the IndyCar program. This line was not particularly encouraging, although it makes sense:
The move can also be beneficial to teams, as it allows them to get away from having all their eggs in one basket, which can be detrimental when a brand decides to exit, leaving the team with no other current partners.

Sweet, the NASCAR Preview And Press Guide is returning for the 2017

It says the Daytona 500.

nscs_2016_daytona_sprintunlimited_640x360.png

SPRINT UNLIMITED
SATURDAY, FEB. 13 / 8:00 PM ET
DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY
RACE CENTER
RESULTS

nscs_2016_daytona_canam_duel_640x360.png

CAN-AM DUEL AT DAYTONA 1
THURSDAY, FEB. 18 / 7:00 PM ET
RACE CENTER
RESULTS

nscs_2016_daytona_canam_duel_640x360.png

CAN-AM DUEL AT DAYTONA 2
THURSDAY, FEB. 18 / 8:30 PM ET
RACE CENTER
RESULTS

nscs_2016_daytona_daytona500_date_640x360.png

DAYTONA 500
SUNDAY, FEB. 21 / 1:00 PM ET
RACE CENTER
RESULTS
I guess I'm confused then. Feb 21st in 2016 was a Sunday. Feb 21st in 2017 is a Tuesday. What are you saying?

The D500 is on Sunday Feb 26th this coming year.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/schedule.html

I don't know where you pulled these graphics from, but they're from 2016. See the bottom right corner of your last graphic, the D500 one? '2.21.16'.
:owquitit: and it's not even that cold today. Must have been a brain freeze. You would think Nascar could post the right schedule by now.

Good thing there is Jayski
Countdown to Race Time: 2/26/2017 ~2:20pm/et
67:21:47:12

Back
Top Bottom