Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Michael Waltrip says he will run 2017 Daytona 500: two-time Daytona 500 winner Michael Waltrip was asked if he would be racing in the Daytona 500 this year (2017) and tweeted back: "Yes! In the @AaronsInc @ToyotaRacing #Camry". No word on the team or car number but assumptions would be BK Racing as Waltrip ran their #83 Toyota in the 2016 Daytona 500, Premium Motorsports or TMG Motorsports who supposedly is changing to Toyota.(12-24-2016)

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20161224c

:XXROFL:

A disappointed Bobby Allison and Roger Penske look on after engine issues ended their chances of winning the 1976 Old Dominion 500.

C0XtLm0WIAANzC_.jpg:large

Beatin’ up on developmental folks such as Ard, Ridley, Houston ‘n the like.

No different than the Patriots playin’ Jai-alai ‘ginst some amateur woman’s drill team on thin ice.

I dunno, I see it all the time at the college level. I can't tell you the number of times I seen an experienced fencer score a hat trick at the deep end of the parallel bars.

NASCAR unsure if they will use "Premier Series" with "Cup" staying: NASCAR Senior VP & CMO Jill Gregory said it is to be determined whether the recently introduced term "premier series" will remain part of the NASCAR lexicon now that the term "Cup" remains in its top series' title. While NASCAR deliberated about whether to keep "Cup" in the days leading up to its Dec. 1 announcement naming Monster Energy as its new title sponsor, the sanctioning body, teams and tracks in the sport began referring to the top series as its "premier series." Some in the industry favored dropping "Cup," which has been in use since '71, believing that fans had gone from saying "the Sprint Cup Series" to simply saying "Cup Series" or "Cup," as opposed to NASCAR's secondary series, the Xfinity Series, where fans refer to it as "Xfinity." Some believed that made the entitlement less valuable. However, now that "Cup" is being retained after Monster saw value in keeping it, some wonder whether "premier" will be used at all. Gregory last week noted that "premier series" will not play a leading role in marketing materials going forward, but was not ready to comment beyond that. The new name -- Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series -- still is somewhat of a switch from the past in that it places the brand name prior to the "NASCAR Cup Series" wording.(Sports Business Daily)(12-29-2016)

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20161229b

Reactions: Pat
I love the spin on Target's reduced involvement with Larson here. "To allow other companies to work with him." I'm sure Ganassi was begging Target to cut it's sponsorship so he can string together piecemeal sponsorship :confused:

Target reducing sponsorship of Larson: Target will reduce the amount of NASCAR races it serves as the primary sponsor of Chip Ganassi Racing's #42 Chevy driven by Kyle Larson in 2017 to allow other companies to work with him. Target, which along with its handful of vendor partners has been Larson's sole major sponsor since he joined NASCAR's premier series, will still have the majority of races on the # 42. Target previously had all the races, though it passes through a number of them annually to brands it works with like Energizer and Axe. The deal is part of a mutual agreement between CGR and Target. Sources said the move frees up about 5-10 primaries worth of inventory on the #42. Target's deal expires on the NASCAR side after 2017, and the retailer ended a 27-year partnership on Ganassi's IndyCar side after the '16 season.(Sports Business Daily)(12-19-2016)

NASCAR unsure if they will use "Premier Series" with "Cup" staying: NASCAR Senior VP & CMO Jill Gregory said ... NASCAR's secondary series, the Xfinity Series, where fans refer to it as "Xfinity." ...

What, wait, I thought it was still the Busch Series?

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a Monster Energy can at the store and bought it. As far as I'm aware, it's the first time I bought a product because of NASCAR sponsorship (though my dad used to buy me Pepsi before races at TMS).

Monster 2.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm not used to such high levels of caffeine, and my heart started racing after I drank it, so I likely won't have another in the future.

I have never bought a Monster Energy drink before...... nor any of the other ones..... Even though Monster is sponsoring the (Cup) class this year.. I'm not buying into the sponsorship........ I appreciate them buying into the series....... but I don't have to buy their products..... a lot of folks think they do...... I am a smoker........ and was vehemetly behind Winston....... I never smoked Winstons after my first few years...... I love to drink beer... I still call Xfinity the Busch series...... I drank Busch beer when I was a teenager...... haven't drank ANYTHING but red label Budweiser for several decades......

Being a sponsor of a series doesn't influence me in either way.......... neither do the sponsors on the cars...... don't get me wrong...... I'm glad they have them...... and folks that are loyal...... It just ain't me anymore.......

Back
Top Bottom