Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Oh.....I agree... I wasn't trying to imply in any way that Junie was a top tier car owner... he struggled all his career to field a team... his best sponsor ever was when he collected Heilig -Meyers in the early '90's.... I was so proud of that for him...

And as far as Rick driving for Richard Jackson...... yeah.... I loved both the Jacksons... Richard and Leo both..... Harry done real good with Leo.....

Quick question but does NASCAR use the same chassis design for both xfinity and cup cars? I heard that NASCAR mandates the same design across all teams in each series but is that design the same for both cup and xfinity? Sure looks like it to me.

^ The center section of the chassis is the same. The front and rear chassis clips differ.

Reason? Shorter wheelbase.
Right, pre COT era , the Xfinity Series wheelbase length is now the same as Cup at 110.

Now the overall length is different, Cup cars are 196.5in long and Xfinity cars are 203.75in long

Last edited:
C2ibaqgWIAEkc6G.jpg:large

C2ibYaqWQAA1clC.jpg:large

I like to compare price values to current day values when I see how cheap something appeared to be in the "old days". Most of the time it is very comparable to today's prices for things like cars, homes, bread, gas, etc. However, when the 1959 ticket price is adjusted to today's price it comes to $65.47. I went to look at the current pricing in this section for the 2017 Daytona 500 and found a seat in row 13 for $165. I realize today's race day experience is different that it was in 1959, but still the current price seems out of line for the average fan.

I have been to many Daytona 500's and was surprised to see how much the tickets are selling for this year. Maybe that is why it hasn't sold out yet.

H. Clay Earles knew NASCAR’s biggest races would happen on asphalt - so he paved Martinsville in 1955 (well before other dirt tracks)

C2pA3zsWIAAIj6t.jpg:large

Watching the 1992 Atlanta race with my dad right now and hearing them say "They will be other years." after Davey Allison wrecks is so heart breaking when you know what's to come in only a few months...
That is so true...... and... after Alan's death.... Davey said...... '' I am so glad he won it.... I will have more chances''.......

That '92 race to me.... (the whole season actually).... was my favorite race of all time.... so much stuff happened in 4 hours that made it unforgettable.... and stuff that carried on even after the race was over......

I agree 100 percent.......

Back
Top Bottom