Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Sad day in deed, will miss DT, and I do agree, she had the looks , and had the intelligence to back those looks up.

Odd that DT made no mention that last Thursday show was her last.

On to Shannon Spake, I do look forward to seeing what she brings to Race Hub, I felt that she did a good job as a pit reporter for ESPN, and think that she will do a good job taking over DT role at Fox Sports.

On to Shannon Spake, I do look forward to seeing what she brings to Race Hub, I felt that she did a good job as a pit reporter for ESPN, and think that she will do a good job taking over DT role at Fox Sports.
RaceHub didn't even mention her. Just introduced Shannon Spake and off they went. I'm guessing it wasn't a pleasant parting with Danielle.

Just switched to NBCSN. Let's see how/what their coverage is like.

What the hell? Damn, that's surprising. Danielle Trotta is awesome. That's a tough loss for Fox and Nascar both. I wonder what the deal is.

The fact she sounds exactly like Danielle is purely a coincidence...

RaceHub didn't even mention her. Just introduced Shannon Spake and off they went. I'm guessing it wasn't a pleasant parting with Danielle.

Just switched to NBCSN. Let's see how/what their coverage is like.
Some people dont like to be paraded

I know Danielle is getting married. That probably has a lot to do with it. I was a little surprised that other girl (can't think of her name) that does interviews for the show didn't get into the studio.

C4oohipWYAIks-G.jpg:large

Not sure what happened to the original Mike Wallace Thread on this subject so I'll post it here.....

File this under a WTF moment.....

As always, if NASCAR does something to cut their cost in one area, the teams will spend it in another. Why can't they, teams, be responsible? Where the heck is the RTA? Still trying to get a deal @ the local Motel 6?

True, but the returns from spending that money else where are far less. That fact will make even the big teams think twice about it while giving less funded teams more parity. If a smaller team doesn't need to spend gobs of money on aero testing to keep up and be competitive, they won't. If a larger team feels they still want to for no gain, fine by me, but they aren't that dumb.

I'm reminded of this interview ESPN recently did with F1's new boss Ross Brawn. Really interesting interview where he talks about some concepts that could definitely apply to NASCAR.

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/18558956/ross-brawn-vision-f1-part-one

Here's his response on cost cutting
What we still have, and undoubtedly what we will have with these new regulations, is a pretty steep performance against investment slope. It's still there so that the more money you put in, the faster you go. Of course, to keep the gap down as narrow as possible you want that as flat as possible -- you can pour the money in but you won't get the rewards.

The return on investment, in terms of performance, is still steep, so the more money you invest the faster you go -- as long it's done properly like when you get a competent team like Mercedes doing it then that's what happens. What we really need to do is reduce that slope and find ways within the technical regulations of rewarding less for heavy investment. That's the concept, achieving it is more difficult.

True, but the returns from spending that money else where are far less. That fact will make even the big teams think twice about it while giving less funded teams more parity. If a smaller team doesn't need to spend gobs of money on aero testing to keep up and be competitive, they won't. If a larger team feels they still want to for no gain, fine by me, but they aren't that dumb.

I'm reminded of this interview ESPN recently did with F1's new boss Ross Brawn. Really interesting interview where he talks about some concepts that could definitely apply to NASCAR.

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/18558956/ross-brawn-vision-f1-part-one

Here's his response on cost cutting
There are plenty of places to spend money besides the wind tunnel. I think it's foolish to think that their money wouldn't be directed to other areas if NASCAR were to ban that testing. I also think that it's foolish to think that they wouldn't gain knowledge and advancement from pursuing other avenues. If they have the money, they will spend it. That's what they do.

There are plenty of places to spend money besides the wind tunnel. I think it's foolish to think that their money wouldn't be directed to other areas if NASCAR were to ban that testing. I also think that it's foolish to think that they wouldn't gain knowledge and advancement from pursuing other avenues. If they have the money, they will spend it. That's what they do.
I understand the concept that you're advancing, but I think it's a cop-out that implies wrongly that the cost structure of the sport should be untouchable by collective management decisions. I agree with Acs that cost structure management is crucial to Nascar (and every sanctioning body). JMO.

New screens at the track.....

from jayski

ISC partners with Ingenuity Sun Media to sponsor video boards: International Speedway Corporation (ISC), owner / operator of 13 of the nation's major motorsports entertainment facilities, announced its partnership with ISM, a pioneer and leader in sports venue digital activation, to form ISM Vision Powered by BoldVu, the World's Largest 360-degree Digital Engagement Venue Network. The new technology will debut during Speedweeks, beginning February 18 and running through the 59th Daytona 500 on February 26, at Daytona International Speedway. In addition, ISM Vision Powered by BoldVu will be employed at all ISC facilities beginning in 2017. ISC's trackside network of modular, large-format digital video boards will become ISM Vision Powered by BoldVu. Displaying thrilling racing action, driver interviews and promotional content, ISM Vision Powered by BoldVu will also be fully integrated with each track's and Motor Racing Network's (MRN) mobile app allowing fans to utilize way-finding technologies, and realize real-time traffic and weather alerts and event schedules.

Can't remember who it was. Just a few days ago. Said something about not caring how much money the owners spent...

I like the idea of dropping the wind tunnel. But as others have noted, Parker's kidding himself if he doesn't think they'll just spend the money somewhere else.

We are now just two full days away from cars back on the track, oh yeah!:pbjtime:

Back
Top Bottom