Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Always liked this poster.

buschclash.jpg

Last edited:
They're runnin' the '79 race on FS1.

I've seen it before but I won't ruin the finish for y'all.

just saw this....

I didnt know she was there for the test @ Phoenix.

Seems like she is taking more of an interest in the racing side of things of late. makes me very very happy

upload_2017-2-17_20-51-59.png

Screenshot_2017-02-18-11-06-59.png

I'm probably the only person who gets the reference

As if enough hasn't already changed during this off-season...

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm
"BIG NEWS:
sometime on Tuesday, February 21, 2017, the Jayski.com website will roll out a brand new design....just in time for the 2017 NASCAR Season"

I like the Jayski version now. Instantly get to the info quickly. Hope its not
designed by whoever did NASCAR's site, still too clunky and not that
user friendly IMO.

Alright, I give. What is the reference? Danica related?
No its a thing from the simpsons, Homer thought ballet was bears driving cars. Then a Facebook page I'm on started photoshoping it places. I just find it funny. Harvick is going to kick that bears ass.

Oh ok. Thanks! I will take your word for it. Hate to admit this, but I have
never watched one episode of The Simpsons.:)

Back when the debris cautions were cleaned up with a shovel. :D

I'll bet today ol' George would sit on the bottom row without earplugs, eventually being ejected for throwing his teeth at KyBu.

happy with DPs crash avoidance in the clash...SO high hopes this year. LOVE the aggression she showed!!!

Just WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anxious to see her new found aggression with the down force package comin’ up after the Great American Plate Race at Day……………. ‘tona!

Should be a hoot…...

At least Danica earned her way into The Clash -- very disappointed they let Suarez in that race

especially after NASCAR played up how exclusive it was...

She "earned" her way into the event by permission of rule written by NASCAR.

The same as Suarez did.

Sorry, complete falsehood.

Winning a Daytona 500 Pole is not the same as Suarez being gifted a place in the lineup at this "exclusive" event.

From Jayski:

Pocono Raceway Weekend NASCAR Schedules Announced: Pocono Raceway announced the official race weekend schedule for its 2017 NASCAR race weekends. Pocono Raceway will host a pair of Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series weekends at the 2.5-mile 'Tricky Triangle' this summer. The Pocono 400 in June (9-11) will be the typical three-day weekend with Cup practice and qualifying scheduled for Friday, two practices scheduled for Saturday and the race scheduled for Sunday at 3:00pm/et.
The Pennsylvania 400 in July (28-30) is scheduled to be a two-day show with two Cup practices scheduled for Saturday. Qualifying is scheduled for Sunday at 12:05pm/et with the race following at 3:00pm/et. See the schedule at poconoraceway.com. Pocono Raceway will host seven major events in 2017, including two NASCAR and one Verizon IndyCar Series weekend. Tickets can be purchased on-line at www.poconoraceway.com, by calling 1-800-RACEWAY or in person at the Pocono Raceway Ticket Office.(Pocono Raceway)(2-20-2017)

Sorry, complete falsehood.

Winning a Daytona 500 Pole is not the same as Suarez being gifted a place in the lineup at this "exclusive" event.
When the primary qualification is winning a pole last year, winning a D500 pole four years ago is a gift of the rules. Since it's an exhibition, NASCAR has always allowed substitutions in this event due to drivers changing teams. You can bet if Jr. had wanted to run the #88, Bowman wouldn't have even been on the pit box.

... The Pennsylvania 400 in July (28-30) is scheduled to be a two-day show with two Cup practices scheduled for Saturday. Qualifying is scheduled for Sunday at 12:05pm/et with the race following at 3:00pm/et. ...
Interesting. I recall the possibility of this was raised a few weeks ago. Is this the first track to announce it?

Pocono will be a good test to see what this does to attendance. Its races are so close together that time of year will have minimal impact.

Interesting. I recall the possibility of this was raised a few weeks ago. Is this the first track to announce it?

Pocono will be a good test to see what this does to attendance. Its races are so close together that time of year will have minimal impact.
I believe they are the first yeah. I probably should have bolded that part or prefaced my post with something about it because that's the part I was wanting everyone to notice.

This will cause problems with some fantasy leagues and players. It will be tough making good picks when there's only a couple of hours between Q and the race, esp. for those leagues that close at midnight. When's the Yahoo deadline?

Yeah. Can't afford shoes......................

Poor viewers who couldn't avoid their incisive commentary.

You purposefully kept out the fact that Bowman won a Pole.

Your purposeful omission of that fact means that you are not to be trusted, and probably shouldn't be raising children...
I didn't keep that out. As I said, if Dale Jr. had wanted to drive that car in the Clash, Bowman would have been watching it on TV. 2016 pole or not, if you think NASCAR would have excluded its most popular driver for a part-timer with no ride, you need to wake up and smell the motor oil.

You've been here 24 hours and have participated in one discussion. That doesn't give you the experience to pass judgement on me or anyone else here, or the ability to determine what I have or haven't done 'purposefully'. Name-calling when you're new on a forum is a lousy way to introduce yourself.

Last edited:
I didn't keep that out. As I said, if Dale Jr. had wanted to drive that car in the Clash, Bowman would have been watching it on TV. 2016 pole or not, if you think NASCAR would have excluded its most popular driver for a part-timer with no ride, you need to wake up and smell the motor oil.

You've been here 24 hours and have participated in one discussion. That doesn't give you the experience to pass judgement on me or anyone else here, or the ability to determine what I have or haven't done 'purposefully'. Name-calling when you're new on a forum is a lousy way to introduce yourself.

You purposefully kept it out. Why? Because that would admit that Bowman EARNED his position in The Clash.

Your deception was to make it seem that Bowman and Suarez were similar -- when clearly they are not.

Bowman won a Pole -- Suarez did not.

I agree Bowman earned it. You're overlooking my point that NASCAR has a history of granting exemptions to the entry qualifications for this exhibition race. That has often included letting drivers participate if they've taken over a ride that was abandoned by a previous year's pole sitter. That's why Jr. would be in this car under normal conditions - because he resumed driving the car Bowman 'used to drive'. Hendrick and Earnhardt Jr. made the decision to have Bowman to drive the car for this race only, as a 'Thank you' for his performance as a sub last year.. That's another thing you keep overlooking, and that's why I'm equating Bowman and Suarez.

I'm also equating Suarez and Patrick. Both are in because NASCAR allows people who didn't win a pole the previous year to run the race, and why Jr. would be permitted to drive the #88 if he'd wanted to.

And I'll ask you again to quit declaring my intentions when you have no evidence to support your position. You have no basis for concluding my motivations; purposeful, accidental, or otherwise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom