Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

His name is Thad Moffitt (#46 Petty blue car) and his parents are Brian Moffitt and Rebecca Petty.
Last week I visited the Petty museum and saw the Moffitt race shop on the complex and was wondering what that was all about. I might be wrong, but I think they were even selling some Moffitt Racing merchandise in the gift shop.

BXSbqCoIAAAsCy9.jpg

hi, any one out there have or seen a photo of dale earnhardt driving the #72 pontiac at portland speedway in 1981?
thanks
dan

Check this out..... Yesterday I get an email from Bristol Motor Speedway Charity's 'Track Laps for Kids'. They are allowing fans to take their own vehicles out on the track $25 for 5 laps. Of course, this is only at a pace speed. Kinda a cool way to raise money that has never been done to date @ BMS. We reserved a spot to do this Thursday night before race weekend. Anyhow, my son's 16th birthday was this past fall and he is to be taking his drivers test before we head on down to Bristol next month. I've already told him that we plan on having him drive us most everywhere while we're down there. I think that he's going to be shocked when we drive by the track, turn in and wait for our turn to take some laps around the track.
I have rode our pit scooter around it a few times and it was pretty cool.:)

Some folks on Reddit designed shorter tracks(.8 miles for atl and 1 mile exactly for chi) out of existing Atlanta and Chicagoland layouts without changing a whole lot. Nice food for thought.

IMG_3175.JPG
IMG_3174.JPG

Some folks on Reddit designed shorter tracks(.8 miles for atl and 1 mile exactly for chi) out of existing Atlanta and Chicagoland layouts without changing a whole lot. Nice food for thought.

View attachment 26150 View attachment 26151

Do you have a link to the thread? I'd love to see this.

Also, this is proof that mucking with the rules every year is a France family tradition.

25wjblulhfsy.jpg

I like the Chicago one because they worked harder on it... lol
Maybe when the Chicago track is up for repave, they'll consider downsizing it to a one-miler. I would like that for the schedule and I think it would be a better event for the Chicago fans. At least it would provide better sight lines for the fans in the stands.

Do you have a link to the thread? I'd love to see this.

Also, this is proof that mucking with the rules every year is a France family tradition.

25wjblulhfsy.jpg

Also... I watched the 91' Valleydale Meats 500 last night.. the rules for that race we're all sorts of ******. Even pitted cars restart on outside, odd pitted cars on the inside. It was dumb as hell. No wonder they decided to go back to single file restarts for the next 15 years..

Damn! that's weird, I put the post above in a different thread...I don't understand why it is in this one instead of the thread I typed it in.:confused:

Also no more night races in the playoffs, Texas switched to NBCSN because we can't have nice things, and fall Martinsville starts at 3pm eastern and will likely finish under the lights.

Also no more night races in the playoffs, Texas switched to NBCSN because we can't have nice things, and fall Martinsville starts at 3pm eastern and will likely finish under the lights.

Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass 12m12 minutes ago

In October at Martinsville, qualifying will be on Sunday, same day as race. With lights, they can do 3pm start

Kinda disappointed that Charlotte did that. I was there last year when the race got pushed because of the hurricane and was really looking forward to it being at night. I'm one of those that really enjoys the night time events, especially if I'm attending live. Makes for a full day and doesn't feel as rushed as the 1/2pm start times do.

Question: why do they post on the Nascar Chat if is not available to all??

Racing Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Question: why do they post on the Nascar Chat if is not available to all??

Racing Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I think that's the standard 'It ain't there anymore' error.

Back
Top Bottom