Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Looks like a cool watch.

Danica Racing Online‏Verified account @DanicaRacing 6h6 hours ago
1f6a8.png
Don't miss the full episode of @espn's "My Wish" with @DanicaPatrick at 12AM ET tonight on @SportsCenter! #NASCAR

I was watching old races on YouTube last night. I came across the 1991 Pontiac Excitement 400 from Richmond in TBS. I recognized the voice calling the race with Ken Squire and Neil Bonnet but could not place it. Low and behold, it was none other than Pro Football hall of fame quarterback and Oakland Raiders(my team) legend Kenny The Snake Stabler. I never knew he helped call a race. Didn't do too bad of a job.

Gabriell is a badass. How cool.

Those things always bring the water works for me.

I have a friend whose sister was diagnosed with bone cancer at a very young age. The Make A Wish Foundation granted her wish to meet JJ. They got to tour the headquarters behind the scenes and everything with him. She beat it, and has gone on to become a beautiful young lady.

Those things always bring the water works for me.

I have a friend whose sister was diagnosed with bone cancer at a very young age. The Make A Wish Foundation granted her wish to meet JJ. They got to tour the headquarters behind the scenes and everything with him. She beat it, and has gone on to become a beautiful young lady.

That's awesome.

The best part of this was the look on her face when she jumped in the car to take a lap with DP. She wasn't scared one bit and was ready get on with it.:D I've seen grown men look like they were about ready to pee themselves when put in the same situation she was .:lol2:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nick Igdalsky takes over as CEO of Pocono Raceway. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nascar?src=hash">#nascar</a></p>&mdash; Bob Pockrass (@bobpockrass) <a href="">July 18, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pocono is a family owned track, his brother will take over his position. Looks like Nascar is adding more upper management employees

“The time and opportunity has come for me to move on,” Igdalsky said in a statement. “Doc (grandfather Dr. Joseph Mattioli) gave me the chance to learn, grow, lead and become the person and leader that I am today.

“If not for those hard lessons he showed me, I would not be where I am today and I am eternally grateful to him and my family for the chance to do what I do.”

In his new role with the sanctioning body, Igdalsky will oversee the team dedicated to working with track partners on event-related initiatives, as well as lead the NASCAR Track Council. He’ll be based out of NASCAR’s Daytona Beach, Florida offices.

Igdalsky will report to NASCAR Executive Vice President and Chief Racing Development Officer Steve O’Donnell, who said, “The work across the entire industry to help create the best live experience possible is extremely important to our industry’s initiatives. We’re delighted that Brandon’s experience as a track president will further solidify the strong working relationships we have with our track partners as we continue to innovate the fan experience at track.”

Brandon’s brother, Nick Igdalsky, has been promoted to CEO, while Ben May has been named the track’s new president, Pocono Raceway’s Chairman of the Board Looie Mattioli announced.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/07/18/pocono-raceway-presidentceo-brandon-igdalsky-resigns/

Interesting. What car is he testing? Is this for a team, for Goodyear, or for someone else entirely?
Probably a manufacturer's test session. From the link in FLRacingFan's thread:

"Alex Bowman spends a lot of time driving the simulator. He works for both Chevrolet, where he runs the wheel force car during organized tests, as well as Hendrick Motorsports. For Chevrolet, the data collected from the wheel force car is brought back and attempted to be matched in the simulator. For Hendrick, Bowman works on the simulator running through setups for all four HMS cars."

https://racing-forums.com/threads/peeking-behind-chevys-curtains.59604/

http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/142395-crandall-peeking-behind-chevy-s-curtains

Awful damn early to be throwing your other teams under the bus, it could make it worse.. Of course the older paw paw has the fastest team. I think pit crews are like any other team of people, when you have success it tends to improve the team work. It wasn't too long ago the 3 had pieces falling off of it before it ran a lap. RCR needs better finishes.

Last edited:
“Some of the hardcore, avid fans that have been around the sport for a long time, really have a lot of nostalgia for the haulers,” Davidson said. “The younger fan coming out that is newer to the sport really enjoyed the shopping experience in the tent. We’re trying to find the sweet spot between all of that.”

:sarcasm: There's a shock. :sarcasm:

It sure looks more and more like it. If Byron was the future, wouldn't he have done this test?

Bowman works for Chevy and Hendrick as a test driver, so there isn't much to read into with him testing for them. That said, it was literally just announced that Bowman was getting the 88.

I remember Gerhart used to win at Daytona every February when I would go lol. He's not run too good the last few yrs though.

I was bummed when Frank Kimmel hung it up.That's the cool thing about racing some of these guys are good for a hell of a long time. racer, track owner, Schrader 62 years old at Eldora, 17th driving for Bolen motorsports.

Back
Top Bottom