Rate The Crazy Race: All Star Race

LOL these comments are great. I watched at a bar with the sound off so I'll have to go back and watch for the confusion aspect. The last segment looked like a lot of fun though.

How you guys are rating 8s and 9s is beyond me. They must have showed old or fake footage on tv because there was only a couple laps TOTAL of decent racing.
The only bright spot was Larson.

I'm assuming a lot of it is sarcasm

Very confusing 3

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Everybody cries about everything. Seriously when you have this much happening during a race. It's exciting!!! Seriously what's so hard about following the rules and watching it all unfold. Seriously awesome package for racing too. Passing was not a problem, very entertaining. Most will just cry because they don't like the 22.

Ok, so the actual racing was 8.5, for the wacky ass format/rules, 1.

Race: 7
Winner: 10
Yeah after today I don't think Larson is ever winning a race lol. Two weeks in a row every thing falls his way and he fails to capitalize. Difference is this time he choked while leading. At least he won the showdown lol that'll be his win for the year.

Boy, there's a really wide range on this one. I'm glad I missed it; what I've read here makes it sound like a confusing mess due to the latest round of format changes. I noticed a video on NASCAR.com defending the format rules.

I'll skip the replays, but I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know if there was any sandbagging at the end of the second segment. Thanks in advance.

Boy, there's a really wide range on this one. I'm glad I missed it; what I've read here makes it sound like a confusing mess due to the latest round of format changes. I noticed a video on NASCAR.com defending the format rules.

I'll skip the replays, but I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know if there was any sandbagging at the end of the second segment. Thanks in advance.
From Jimmie yes

Racing was as a 9.5 compared to recent Charlotte races. Aero push seemed to be minimal. As Carl has said for years............Please keep taking away down force!!!

Confusion was a 1 with an asterix for the embarrassment factor. NASCAR should get a P3 for "actions detrimental to the sport"!

And lastly. Come on Brian! Get over your hissy about the lugnuts! You are making yourself look like an idiot. Who ever it was that picked on you in the infield when you were kids is still right! Ridiculous!

I skipped it too and from what I have read a lot of it was a confusing aero-fest with little actual racing.

Showdown - 10
Last segment - 9.22

If you want to make segments 1 and 2 entertaining, then NASCAR finally needs to admit that gimmick racing is the way to go. Maybe throw in a figure 8 race, reverse only race, trailer race, or a race where the driver is blindfolded with a navigator. Generally clean air is not an issue with these.

Showdown - 10
Last segment - 9.22

If you want to make segments 1 and 2 entertaining, then NASCAR finally needs to admit that gimmick racing is the way to go. Maybe throw in a figure 8 race, reverse only race, trailer race, or a race where the driver is blindfolded with a navigator. Generally clean air is not an issue with these.

Going clockwise would be neat

from what I have read a lot of it was a confusing aero-fest with little actual racing.
The first roughly 9 laps were good with passing all over but then they'd settle in to single file and maybe the odd Logano or Harvick could pass. I'm not saying the aero wasn't reduced and the racing wasn't probably better than recent Charlotte's but.... this event was a fiasco. Everybody in the grandstands thought so and with all the confusion and stoppage, it really became a chore for everyone to even stand up and cheer the restarts.

Side note: Joe Gibbs got the biggest crowd pop of the night for his invocation.

I've stepped away from Nascar lately because I don't like the direction its been going in for the last 5-10 years. However my boys are all of sudden into it, so yesterday we went up to the track to walk around and look at all the stuff going on. We enjoyed it. So i watched the race last night with them.

what in the bloody hell was that? I'm still confused as to what they were trying to do.

I thought the racing was great, they did a good job of getting these cars to where they can race again.

Just maybe if I step back and realize that wins are actually more important than the championship, then maybe i can enjoy this "sport" again.

Messin' with the number of tires changed and such has possibilities.

Let's do a fan vote to send three of the drivers in the top five going into the final segment to the pits immediately for a two tire change. One right and one left. Crew chiefs' option on front or rear. Extra credit for one front one rear.

The first roughly 9 laps were good with passing all over but then they'd settle in to single file and maybe the odd Logano or Harvick could pass. I'm not saying the aero wasn't reduced and the racing wasn't probably better than recent Charlotte's but.... this event was a fiasco. Everybody in the grandstands thought so and with all the confusion and stoppage, it really became a chore for everyone to even stand up and cheer the restarts.

Side note: Joe Gibbs got the biggest crowd pop of the night for his invocation.

The All Star Race.......one night of the year Nascar doesn't have to pretend it doesn't know what it is doing. I got home late and thought about tuning in but I figured I could catch a replay if it was must see stuff. From what I have read is was mass confusion all round. Maybe a 5 minute egg timer thing can be added into the mix next year.

I've stepped away from Nascar lately because I don't like the direction its been going in for the last 5-10 years. However my boys are all of sudden into it, so yesterday we went up to the track to walk around and look at all the stuff going on. We enjoyed it. So i watched the race last night with them.

what in the bloody hell was that? I'm still confused as to what they were trying to do.

I thought the racing was great, they did a good job of getting these cars to where they can race again.

Just maybe if I step back and realize that wins are actually more important than the championship, then maybe i can enjoy this "sport" again.

IMO you have to completely disregard the championship and only look at individual races. I respect those that like the chase but as far as I am concerned JJ was the last Nascar champion.

I am glad you took your kids to the track and had a nice time.

I missed it due to a mandatory graduation party. Luckily I DVR'd it. One thing though......... Lugnut check?????

IMO you have to completely disregard the championship and only look at individual races. I respect those that like the chase but as far as I am concerned JJ was the last Nascar champion.

I am glad you took your kids to the track and had a nice time.

I'm trying to tell myself to get over the fact that Nascar doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground and just enjoy the racing. To me, MK was the last true champion. The chase, all formats of it, have never made sense to me.

We used to camp at Morehead City campground at CMS for years, it was slammed full when we camped. We drove by last night and it was about 1/4 full.

The kids had a blast, they're only 3 and 4, but there is something about a fast loud car that gets a guy going, no matter if he's 100 or 3.

Race: 7
Winner: 10
Yeah after today I don't think Larson is ever winning a race lol. Two weeks in a row every thing falls his way and he fails to capitalize. Difference is this time he choked while leading. At least he won the showdown lol that'll be his win for the year.
Logano clearly had a faster car.

It is worthwhile to learn what some fans find entertaining . I did enjoy seeing Steve's kid , so it wasn't an entire waste . I hope they invite him back for a real race and not trot him out just for the dog and pony show.

I'm trying to tell myself to get over the fact that Nascar doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground and just enjoy the racing. To me, MK was the last true champion. The chase, all formats of it, have never made sense to me.

We used to camp at Morehead City campground at CMS for years, it was slammed full when we camped. We drove by last night and it was about 1/4 full.

The kids had a blast, they're only 3 and 4, but there is something about a fast loud car that gets a guy going, no matter if he's 100 or 3.

I sure wish Nascar would compromise and have a 26 race champion under the pre-chase rules and then they could have whatever free for all in the last 10 races and call it the chase championship. The infield at MIS used to be like a little city but from what I was told it is more like an unincorporated town now. It is to bad as there really has been a lot of good racing this year.

I give it a solid 8. The race was entertaining, but some things were f'ed upped that I didn't quite get.

I give it a solid 8. The race was entertaining, but some things were f'ed upped that I didn't quite get.

Welcome to the forum Hazy Haven . Love your bike , is it a 100 cc ? I have one in my garage , must get it out today , fun . Please keep posting your thoughts.

Welcome to the forum Hazy Haven . Love your bike , is it a 100 cc ? I have one in my garage , must get it out today , fun . Please keep posting your thoughts.
Thanx. Yes indeed it is and it is tons of fun to ride. It is probably my favorite thing to do.

Who's gonna ride it, the nurse?

Very funny ! I can still ride it . Bought it for my grandson , but he's outgrown it . Now I have a 13 yr old granddaughter who should learn how to ride it . So I'm gonna dig it out . I may be coming to live at the Florabama if she gets hurt on it .:(

Very funny ! I can still ride it . Bought it for my grandson , but he's outgrown it . Now I have a 13 yr old granddaughter who should learn how to ride it . So I'm gonna dig it out . I may be coming to live at the Florabama if she gets hurt on it .:(
I'm 13 and it is perfect for me. I think your granddaughter would love it.

Back
Top Bottom