nascage

Stewart back where he belongs.
Black cat, err, squirrel.
GWC.
Chevy in victory lane.
Albeit, the wrong one

Not bad.

Cool to see Stewart back.
Harvick was dominant all night (stupid Menard)
Really impressed with Kahne, everybody likes to dump on him but he put on a show with 30 laps to go. He put up and shut up his critics in time for the 'playoffs'.

I'll go an 8.5. Not much going on the first 2/3 of the race, but the last part had me
out of my chair, pacing the floor and screaming at the TV.

Poor dog thought I was nuts. LOL

9.5 would of be a 10 if the 10 car had won. She should of dove to the bottom on the last restart the 5 car gave her plenty of room when he went up the track. SHR needs to buy the 11 teams pit crew for Danica next year. btw when BKs spotter said squirrel in a helmet was he referring to Danica?

Race: Meh. The squirrel and the subsequent chatter in the race thread was about the only thing that made it entertaining.
Finish: 9. I was thrilled to see Kasey snatch his win back after Kyle indirectly snatched it from him. I was also happy to see Danica running so well.
Winner: 10. Harvick had the dominant car for most of the race, but Kasey was pulling away from him at times at the end, and he had him beat IMO.
ESPN: Fine during the broadcast, terrible afterwards. I loved Ricky Craven's response to the Sportscenter guy's stupid question about whether or not Tony should have been racing last night. He didn't even hesitate and just gave a flat "yes." You know he really wanted to say "yes, you idiot!" LOL.

9.5 would of be a 10 if the 10 car had won. She should of dove to the bottom on the last restart the 5 car gave her plenty of room when he went up the track. SHR needs to buy the 11 teams pit crew for Danica next year. btw when BKs spotter said squirrel in a helmet was he referring to Danica?

No. Apparently there was a squirrel on the track that harv almost ran over.
That last restart bothered me too, blue. Ive watched it several times...I

RLq4Qrx.gif

Race: 8.5
Smoke showing he still has it in him: 10
Rowdy showing his true colors: -10
Ambrose showing his class in interviews: 10
Danica being right up here at the end: 10
Kasey getting hard earned and much desered win: 10
Cat and squirrel game: piceless.

Love AMS it is a drivers track.

I thought it was a pretty good race. I suspect it was grueling race on the drivers with the heat. It was good to see Tony racing; I thought Ricky Craven's observation that running mid pack meant he was running with those who weren't handling and Kyle got into him - it was a racing deal. But I was thinking Kyle owed Kasey more than flowers for that caution he caused, I'm sure Kyle and Brian had some kind of disagreement but it was the wrong time to act on it. Harvick dominated and got caught behind Menard's lesser tires and he knew what would probably happen. I thought Kensith would steal one but Kasey would not be denied. It was an exciting finish where the green/white checker became interesting (I usually think g/w finishes steal races from someone).

Some exciting moments, but somewhat of a letdown after the great battle to the finish in the truck race in my opinion.

Slightly better than most ATL races. Other than the insanity at the end, the only real excitement was seeing the dominate car get back up front.

Poor squirrel even left early
Gibbs "golden child" didnt win
Bully didnt win

6.5.......I went to bed before the race was over.o_O Guess I missed the best part. :)

Overall rating: 4

Not much went on the whole night. Possibly beats Dover for worst race of year. The last few laps were good but 5 laps out of 325 laps is not enough to give it a good rating. I'm going to stop rating these races good because a favorite driver won and what not. The BS stops here for me.

I give the race a 7. It was a somewhat boring race, however the cautions really threw the teams for a loop, catch people a lap down. The finish was amazing. Kahne was aggressive on the restarts and it certainly paid off. Danica Patrick nearly got a top 5 finish which is pretty awesome. Harvick, the most dominant car ended up with a poor finish. Gordon, multiple laps down finished on the lead lap. This race nearly had it all, including a cat and squirrel chase. For a night race at Atlanta, this wasn't bad at all.

Race : 8 = pretty good race for being a 1.5 track, only way it could have been better was if there was a photo finish
Winner : 8.5 = not a big Khane fan, but happy for him
Broadcast : 9 = ESPN did a pretty good job, but for -5 for the stupid questions Craven had to answer after the broadcast

9....... b/c i followed larson / biffle / boyer / kahne / newman points battle whole race.

10 because obvious

It was a great evening because Smoke made it back sort of but the rest of it gave me gas. 5.5

We had a great time watching the race. We had a group of about 40 people gathered around the camp fire watching the race on a 10' big screen projected on the side of camp all rooting for their randomly picked drivers. Makes it a lot more fun to watch a race.

Back
Top Bottom