Rate the race: Brickyard 400

MRM

Team Owner
What say you?

I'm giving it a 4. The only thing that made it halfway interesting was when half the teams were on a different pit strategy than the other half. Once they all got on the same strategy, it was 30 laps of so of little to no passing.

Race:8
Winner:24!
I actually enjoyed the whole thing. Definitely wasn't the worst.
Course, I did have a few mich ultras and chicken wings to supplement my viewing.

hdPZHqD.gif

Cant speculate on the race as I was only able to listen to the final 20 laps on MRN. I'd give those final 20 a 6.

Winner a 10 as expected.

4 ,Mainly because I kept drifting off and missed more than half the race and because Hendrick car in victory lane.:(

I'll give it a 6. Better than some previous Brickyards, but this is still an awful track for stock car racing.

I will give it a 7.5 for the race and 10 for the winner.

Way to go Jeff.

7.5. I was hoping for a better finish with 17 to go on the restart, but they got in single file pretty quick after the restart

7.5 would be lower but that battle with Gordon and Kahne was a blast. And of course we won.

Race : 7.5, Not a bad race for Indy standards
Winner : 9, Always good to see Jeff win, but he did tie Schumacher with most wins at Indy :(
Broadcast : 8.5, 9 thounsand times better than TNT, hopefully the good coverage will stay

700,000. Love the technical nature of Indy.

C’mon NASCAR, it’s time to stop hyping this race as one of the world’s “Greatest Races” simply because it is held at the “most legendary, hallowed, super excellent, outstanding, splendiferous, ultra historical, expialafragilistic, heart string tugging, major shrine, great big race track ever invented anytime, anywhere”.

Just because the Indianapolis 500 is considered THE greatest motorsport race in the world, it doesn’t mean that NASCAR racing at the same track is just a big a deal. The Brickyard 400 is not the “Indy 500 Part 2”. The race today sucked…plain and simple, just as it does here most years.

Indycars have the Indy 500, NASCAR has the Daytona 500. Deal with it, NASCAR!

I like strategy, but that was waaayyy too much to follow. I also wish that Harvick and Gordon could've dueled it out instead of Gordon motoring away on that last restart. Not much side-by-side, but hey, that's Indy.

Get ready for another thriller next week :sarcasm:

C’mon NASCAR, it’s time to stop hyping this race as one of the world’s “Greatest Races” simply because it is held at the “most legendary, hallowed, super excellent, outstanding, splendiferous, ultra historical, expialafragilistic, heart string tugging, major shrine, great big race track ever invented anytime, anywhere”.

Just because the Indianapolis 500 is considered THE greatest motorsport race in the world, it doesn’t mean that NASCAR racing at the same track is just a big a deal. The Brickyard 400 is not the “Indy 500 Part 2”. The race today sucked…plain and simple, just as it does here most years.

Indycars have the Indy 500, NASCAR has the Daytona 500. Deal with it, NASCAR!
I have similar sentiments about NASCAR at this track. While today's race is far from the worst we've seen there, in 21 Brickyard 400's I honestly can't remember a single one that I'd classify as a great race. The novelty of this race has long since worn off, wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if NASCAR stopped going there.

Despite my driver winning, I can still only give it a 6. It wasn't horrible, but not exciting either.

Pretty uneventful.

Cool drifting impersonation by Bayne.
Wish he could've saved it.
Feel bad for that rumblin', bumblin', stumblin' gas man on pit road. Shouldn't lose his job over that. He's human.

I'll only remember this race for being Jeff's 5th Brickyard win.
Other than that, I won't remember much of anything else.

Not the best race this year but the strategy w/different teams was interesting and had the opportunity to make it a whole lot better than it turned out to be.

One thing for sure, if Jeff Gordon continues to be as aggressive as he was in yesterdays race, he is headed for a fifth championship. Jeff looks and acts, for the first time in several years, like a man on a mission.

8. If only axles and gears were stronger...

Back
Top Bottom