RATE THE RACE: Chicago

I missed half the race but what I saw was pretty damn good.

8.5/10

9/10
Some great racing all day but especially towards the end
From the worst race of the year last week to one of the best races of the year this week.

9.8 about as good as it gets, best Chicago race I have watched. Congrats to Kez, Jeff, Kyle, and Kevin, they fought hard for the win and put on a show.

Yc020ek.jpg

9.5 great race!

Chase is off to a good start. Next week should be a goodin'

9 great racing and even the drivers showed good sportsmanship after the race. No temper tantrums. Kyle Larson is definitely destined to be a Super Star of Nascar. Bet in 3 years he will be in a Hendricks car.

I wiil give it a solid 9.5 and can't wait until the next one.

9 ..........a 10 compared ta recent chicago race hx

Last edited:
Kyle Larson made that race one of the best I have seen all year. Maybe it was because Larson was my pick in Spike's game that I was focusing on the 42. Loved what the Chase guys said about his driving skills. Plus Danica finished on the lead lap,

I'll give it a two-thumbs up! Didn't watch the whole thing, was outside for a lot of it, but that end laps were phenomenal!

9 great racing and even the drivers showed good sportsmanship after the race. No temper tantrums. Kyle Larson is definitely destined to be a Super Star of Nascar. Bet in 3 years he will be in a Hendricks car.
not if Ganassi has anything to say about it.:blush:

in three years all the bowties in nascar will be HMS if the Dillion boys don't pan out.

A solid 8. Kyle Larson continues to impress and it sounds like he's making a good reputation for himself amongst the drivers, too. He's easily in victory lane a couple times this season if he was in top tier equipment.

A solid 8. Kyle Larson continues to impress and it sounds like he's making a good reputation for himself amongst the drivers, too. He's easily in victory lane a couple times this season if he was in top tier equipment.
he has HMS equipment, who has better?

Only the motors, no?

Edit: I meant the entire package, and that includes personnel, ie. the differences between HMS and EGR besides motor.

But to answer your question, Penske. Right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is a true first year rookie, I guess the car gives him instant experience. Kinda like a new pair of tennis shoes when we were youngsters?

It's rather unfair to Austin, who's by no means having a poor rookie campaign, either (let's be honest, there aren't too many drivers, if any, right now who could keep an RCR car up with Kez, Harvick and Gordon) but pales in comparison. Larson is just that good. I don't know anybody who isn't sold on him.

9.5 but I missed the start. Saw the last 100 laps. Started at 3:00 am local time. Will watch the recorded start later.

I sure didn't see any drivers holding back in this race

Race: 8
Last 20 or so laps/finish: 9.5
Winner: 10
ESPN: 10

That ending was awesome. Kyle Larson drove the wheels off that car and put on one heck of a show battling with Harvick and Gordon. As @dirtguru said, it was cool to see everyone smiling and not crying or complaining afterwards. They seemed like they had 10 times as much fun racing out there as we did watching them do it. It was also really cool seeing Gordon come over and chat with Larson afterwards and then say in his interview that he was proud of him. That's a hell of an endorsement, even if Jeffy did call him Kevin instead of Kyle. Ha ha.

Up to the last few laps, I'll rate the race an 8.5... then it became a 10!

The highlight was watchin' Kyle Larson race the obvious "favorites" hard, but clean... he was givin' Harvick and Gordon fits. Each and every week, Larson earns the respect and trust of his competitors.

Back
Top Bottom