Rate The Race: Chicago

Would be an 8. Michael McDowell turned it into a 6.

8.25. IDK why but I love the race off pit road.

Good race but a 0 for stealing that win from Chase
What stealing? The #78 crew got their driver out faster than the #24. If they'd been reverse, Chase likely would have won.

8. Lots of long green runs, lots of green flag pit cycles, plenty of drama with Harvick trying to get back on the lead lap and other Chasers making mistakes and having problems.

TV watchers: was the last caution legitimate? I couldn't see if the tire came apart from my seats (need to know this for rating haha).

TV watchers: was the last caution legitimate? I couldn't see if the tire came apart from my seats (need to know this for rating haha).
Pretty much disenegrated the right front fender and left debris on the track. I think that one was legit.

Completely blew the right front fender away and left large parts of it in the center of the racing line. 100% legit.

70 trillion. TRD victory. Toyota has tied its single season Cup victory record with 14!.....and +32 in the Manufacturer's Championship! Yes!

8.5. This race had so much going on that I am baffled by some of the ratings above. There was a ton of passing and side-by-side racing throughout the field, comers and goers, multiple grooves were working. A heart breaker for the 24, but lots of other storylines to follow. And a deserving winner (there were several who were deserving of the win, as always, and Truex was among them).

7.5. Passing throughout the field with a few passes for the lead. Absolutely hated to see the last caution come out, but oh well.

8.5. This race had so much going on that I am baffled by some of the ratings above. There was a ton of passing and side-by-side racing throughout the field, comers and goers, multiple grooves were working. A heart breaker for the 24, but lots of other storylines to follow. And a deserving winner (there were several who were deserving of the win, as always, and Truex was among them).

I didn't watch the race so I can't rate it but I would give it a 10 for a loose tire on pit road triggering a caution on pit road this week lol.

A lot of green flag racing which really magnifies mistakes on pit road during green flag pit stops. And it seemed like the speeding penalties affected a lot of teams. I was impressed with how Harvick moved through the field early but a rare caution got him by 2 feet and he never recovered. I was cheering for Elliot but he got caught by the other caution and racing luck came into play, Chase had a good interview about it. There were few cautions but two of them were significant for a couple of drivers.

7 because of too much green flag racing (that just happens), and less passing than Xfinity up high IMO.

8, really glad to see the racing surface at Chicago start to come in. I hope they don't try to repave this thing anytime soon. They had multiple lines working and plenty of passing.

Okay. Given the legitimacy of the last caution, I'll go with 7.5. There was some good racing, but not consistently throughout the race. Watching Truex take it three wide for the win was something to behold, even though I would have preferred Elliot win it.

Too much green flag racing?

<caution clock>

I have no issue with a race playing out organically even if it had it's boring stretches. Keep these cars less sealed or create a less forgiving tire that may or may not be conducive to tire failures and blowouts also (which I am not a fan of seeing cars or equipment get torn up, but in order for organic excitement and bunching the field back up, that is part of racing).

IDK if the clock will make it to cup next year but it does seem inevitable which is a shame for me as my perfect race would have zero cautions.

Wow , I get your point , but really ? Would any of today's Nascar fans agree? Don't think so . They get upset if three cars don't cross the finish line at the same time .

Back
Top Bottom