Rate The Race: Chicago

Zero point zero. Watching the last 10 laps, I told my buddy there will be a bull**** caution, the 24 car wont win and somehow a toyoder will come out on top. Afterwards he said " did you DVR this race and know the outcome" It was LIVE and I was right to the tee.
So predictable, glad I only watched about 35 laps total. The one thing I also predicted was the 4 car would not get that magical imaginary debris caution to get him back on the lead lap like any jibbs car would get. Only good news is that the 78 failed post race inspect but what the hell does that mean? Absolutely nothin, say it again. I watch as the NFL games are on commercial break or halftime, otherwise not so much anymore.

Zero point zero. Watching the last 10 laps, I told my buddy there will be a bull**** caution, the 24 car wont win and somehow a toyoder will come out on top. Afterwards he said " did you DVR this race and know the outcome" It was LIVE and I was right to the tee.
So predictable, glad I only watched about 35 laps total. The one thing I also predicted was the 4 car would not get that magical imaginary debris caution to get him back on the lead lap like any jibbs car would get. Only good news is that the 78 failed post race inspect but what the hell does that mean? Absolutely nothin, say it again. I watch as the NFL games are on commercial break or halftime, otherwise not so much anymore.
That last caution was about as legitimate as they come, wasn't it?

As always, you are spot on.

There is no reason for a caution when half of a front fender is lying in the middle of the racetrack surrounded by small bits of metal debris. No reason whatsoever. Real men would drive around that crap. And Danica.

8 I still think that on Tue. or Wed they will announce that the 78 will keep the win but will lose the auto advance to the next round. Probably lose some points and some fines too. A post race fail is a post race fail. Minor, major or somewhere in between. It looks like he won because of illegal setup. He'll make it to next round anyway so why would they alienate a bunch of fans.

You were right , caution came out .

Zero point zero. Watching the last 10 laps, I told my buddy there will be a bull**** caution, the 24 car wont win and somehow a toyoder will come out on top. Afterwards he said " did you DVR this race and know the outcome" It was LIVE and I was right to the tee. ...
How can you call the #95's blown tire a 'bull**** caution'? You think NASCAR has a gunman behind the grass knoll?

Didnt see that part. Just saw some sort of debris on the track. guess i wasnt paying attention. But the prediction was accurate and so was the outcome.

Didnt see that part. Just saw some sort of debris on the track. guess i wasnt paying attention. But the prediction was accurate and so was the outcome.
We're in agreement with your timing. It's your predicting a 'bull****' caution that's under debate. There was nothing BS about that one.

It's almost like tires and other parts tend to fail at the end of 400 mile races.

The only part of the caution that I actually saw was a brake duct hose or a water bottle being picked up by the safety crew. so right away I thought another perfectly timed BS caution...sorry..... My bad..........

The only part of the caution that I actually saw was a brake duct hose or a water bottle being picked up by the safety crew. so right away I thought another perfectly timed BS caution...sorry..... My bad..........

In fairness, we've reached the point where you are more likely to be right in guessing a debris caution is BS than wrong.

How about that second to last debris caution for the Pepsi can on the apron Ted. Was that legit ?

Cautions are always legit in somebody's mind . Perhaps it was your driver who reported a metal object that could easily have put him out of the race and into the wall . Or , maybe it was a track worker or crew member . Maybe you guys could just stop throwing Pepsi cans onto the racing surface . I have no idea .

How about that second to last debris caution for the Pepsi can on the apron Ted. Was that legit ?
My advice would be to pick your battles in your yellow flag obsession. I'd think this race is not one to pick, lest you come across as being as loony as that other conspiracy guy. Just some friendly advice, make of it what you will.

My advice would be to pick your battles in your yellow flag obsession. I'd think this race is not one to pick, lest you come across as being as loony as that other conspiracy guy. Just some friendly advice, make of it what you will.

They stopped the race and reset the field for a Pepsi can on the apron mate. How did you feel about that choice? You don't need to insult me.

I may be in the minority , but I am good with the governing body governing , and the fans being fans . I'm not good with it the other way around .

A governing body does not have to be liked or appreciated but it must be able to lead, have competence and be respected.

A governing body does not have to be liked or appreciated but it must be able to lead, have competence and be respected.

They will be respected when they stop reacting to the whims of silly fans . Fans can't be expected to know that a Pepsi can is a danger on the racing surface . Nor can they be expected to understand the impact of a thousandth of an inch on a racecar . These are things that the governing body has the mandate to rule on . Drink beer and boo the drivers you don't like . Enjoy being a fan .

They will be respected when they stop reacting to the whims of silly fans . Fans can't be expected to know that a Pepsi can is a danger on the racing surface . Nor can they be expected to understand the impact of a thousandth of an inch on a racecar . These are things that the governing body has the mandate to rule on . Drink beer and boo the drivers you don't like . Enjoy being a fan .

Nascar continually administers self inflicted wounds and defines ineptitude in so many ways but it is because of how it is governed. Nascar needs an independent Commissioner who can lead the series and isn't afraid to make tough decisions as opposed to the inbred flunkies that run the show now. Nascar is the king of unintended consequences as they make rules with no comprehension of the effect it could have so they have to flip flop or in other cases let stupidity stand.

Accomplish the first two and the third will be automatic.
They will be respected when they stop reacting to the whims of silly fans
A prime example of NOT leading.

Case in point is the newest rule for P2/P3/P4. Before yesterday, JJ/48 was going to get a 10 point penalty and the MTjr/78 nothing, for the same style infraction. Its 2016 and this is the first time this crossed their minds? basically cheat and win your in the clear, cheat and lose, you get spanked and fined and points docked. These are the same people who decide whats a caution and what isnt? Its things that make you go hmmmmm!?????... makes about as much sense as this line from a classic movie:
". For what they done, Skinny gets some ponies!"

Nascar continually administers self inflicted wounds and defines ineptitude in so many ways but it is because of how it is governed. Nascar needs an independent Commissioner who can lead the series and isn't afraid to make tough decisions as opposed to the inbred flunkies that run the show now. Nascar is the king of unintended consequences as they make rules with no comprehension of the effect it could have so they have to flip flop or in other cases let stupidity stand.
Well said. Nascar is definitely the king of unintended consequences. It is a tough management gig, and the sport needs a better qualified leadership team.

Having said that, the people whining about that "Pepsi can" caution flag are way off base IMO. It's clearly *not* a Pepsi can, and is considerably larger than that. Steel? Aluminum? Plastic? Impossible to say from TV video. And it's on the apron, as were race cars at speed virtually every lap.

Well said. Nascar is definitely the king of unintended consequences. It is a tough management gig, and the sport needs a better qualified leadership team.

Having said that, the people whining about that "Pepsi can" caution flag are way off base IMO. It's clearly *not* a Pepsi can, and is considerably larger than that. Steel? Aluminum? Plastic? Impossible to say from TV video. And it's on the apron, as were race cars at speed virtually every lap.

I did not see the "Pepsi can" thing but I know if someone ran over it and it caused a tire puncture which caused a car to go into the wall people would be quite upset with that too. Even though Nascar is the maker of many of its own troubles there are still situations where they are in a no win situation regardless of how they act, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom