this weeks hot takes

jasn88cubs

Team Owner
1)IS INDY GOOD FOR NASCAR?

---NO I HATE IT. the racing is boring, he crowds dont come out. I wouldnt miss it. It had a charm at first but that is over with. When the announcers build up the race saying it compares ot the daytona 500 THEY ARE WRONG

2)DID YOU LIKE SEEING JEFF GORDON RACING AGAIN?

--No. Giev it to a young guy come on now. Jeff strugged anyway which i think says alot about the 88 team in general

3)IS KYLE BUSCH THE MAN TO BEAT

--Yes. he's tied with brad k in wins but i say kyle is bette rright now. Gibbs is on fire

4)THE XFINITY RACE WAS WHAT PEOPLE CALLED BORING. YOUR THOUGHTS?

--I would have rather watched c-span all day. It was awful (and im a kyle busch fan) ORP is right there down the street(or close to), trucks on friday and xfinity on saturday

;ets do it baby

1) I don't think so. I know the track has a lot of prestige and all, but the racing sucks and stands that are 15-20% full isn't a very good endorsement for NASCAR.

2) Never was a big Gordon fan, so it didn't move the needle much for me.

3) Yep.

4) Saturday's race was brutal, and the heat races made it that much worse. It was a terrible idea to bring NXS to this track.

The chance to see two burnouts and two bows made watching those terrible races worth it

1) Indy is good for NASCAR (prestige-wise) more than NASCAR is good for Indy. But the empty stands are partially due to the same reasons that all NASCAR races have empty stands.

2) I found it interesting that Gordon didn't embarrass himself. Many times a retired driver comes back only to show he'd better stay retired. Although I agree that young guys need more chances, the money stakes are too high at the Cup level to not go with the best commodity available (as it has been for decades).

3) Kyle is the man to beat today, but will he still be hot tomorrow? Except for last year he usually fades by the end of the season. However, it does seem that (starting when he came back last year) we're seeing a more mature Kyle - one less likely to beat himself.

4) Only saw the last third of the Xfinity race, and was surprised that they'd moved it from Indianapolis Raceway Park to the Speedway. I liked the action at IRP, and it was disappointing to watch well-heeled Cup drivers run away with the race on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom