Rate The Race: Darlington Southern 500

T

TwentyNine

Didn't see a thread for this yet

Much better than last year.

Happy Kevin got the win, Jr is my seconf favorite. Would be jusy as happy if Jr won.

Was actually quite a meh race for Darlington. Not a whole lot going on for the track too tough to tame. GWC finish will always be an exciting shootout. Extremely frustrating as a Gordon fan.

Give it a 6.5

Seen much better at Darlington and nothing will top the Kurt Busch v Ricky Craven race here.

6. Absolutely gutted me.

I haven't seen the N'wide race and MRN made it sound exciting. I give it a 7, but it pains me as a Johnson fan to see him come up short once again this year.

Again, not too disappointed that I missed it. It's NASCAR and I'd love to see every race, but it's nice to see ratings this low on the races I miss. :) This guy above me...his rating doesn't count because I feel he's a bit biased. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That obviously phony g-w-c at the end damn near ruined it for me. Glad the best team won, despite the shenanigans.

I wanted to see gordon in victory lane but Harvick was the man tonight.

Again, not too disappointed that I missed it. It's NASCAR and I'd love to see every race, but it's nice to see ratings this low on the races I miss. :) This guy above me...his rating doesn't count because I feel he's a bit biased. ;)
Listen to the masses eh? Good luck with that :rolleyes:

8...had some snozzzzzzer parts but gotta love uncle harv pulling out the win, flying brake rotors and all

6. Too many cautions for cars just touching the wall. I'm not even going to get into NASCAR's reluctance to throw the caution flag when needed because Green Flag Pitstops are underway.

Give it an 7.5. Harvick was the man to beat.

Too many cautions for cars just touching the wall. I'm not even going to get into NASCAR's reluctance to throw the caution flag when needed because Green Flag Pitstops are underway.
I agree!

I will give the Sat night race a 10 and i will give the Fri night race a 10+. They are the only two races that i have watched this year that i didn't fast forward through any of the race from start to finish, and they both had me standing on my feet cheering at the finish. They were good enough that i'm going to watch both races again tonight.:D

9.4! Great race!

Don't like Harvick but if he didn't win that it wouldn't have been right.

Also all u gwc conspiracy nuts... ur nuts lol :D

7.5 there was action all over the track. From what I've seen so far this year the halfway point this year may bring out the worst in those fighting for position to get in.

Well that's good. I passed up world of outlaws in Perris for this... You probably think I'm an idiot haha
Don't feel bad...i was thinking about going too, but i didn't feel like driving an hour each way. But, if there hadn't been a Nascar race on i would have probably went. By the way...there is a pretty good car show at the circle here in old town Orange today.

Last edited:
Enjoyed every minute of it. while I watched/listened to my driver run up in the front of the pack all night long. That alone would be enough to skew my number rating of the race. Another good race.

I thought it was a good race. Not the best Darlington race ever but still a good one.

Harvick deserved the win and had to earn it at the end. I was happy to see Gordon running near the front all day. The 48 was in the lower half for a long time but they worked out of it. I didn't think Clint needed to turn Kurt - it could have been payback for something. And I continue to be impressed with Larson's rookie season.

My take is the the best car, #4 won the race but the GWC finishes almost prevented that. I thought when Harv took 4 tires and JJ took 2 and was way out front, that was all she wrote. Even Harv admitted on the post race interview that he needed that last caution. Luckily for Harv, the 15 decided to wreck the 41 and JJ couldn't get those 2-tires rolling on the outside of that last restart. Congrats to the #4. I also love the Sat. night races. Terrible night for the #18, was hoping Kyle would at least pull out a top 5 last night. The struggles continue for the #11, very disappointing season so far after an impressive weekend at Daytona.

Back
Top Bottom