RATE THE RACE: Eldora

trucks dont need ot be at tracks like texas, pocono, atlanta, las vegas, dover

send em to south boston, or other short tracks

damn nascar had to move em all out and killed the small tracks

trucks dont need ot be at tracks like texas, pocono, atlanta, las vegas, dover

send em to south boston, or other short tracks

damn nascar had to move em all out and killed the small tracks
Tracks with 8000 seats can't pay the racers enough.

That was a problem from the get-go for the Truck series. Blame someone else.

It was gonna be KyLar once Pierce wrecked out. I never bitch about the TV coverage but tonight was ridiculous with commercials and too many on-board shots, not enough wide-shots. Cautions were excessively long. I like the cushion. I like Kenny Wallace. I like how there's more racing with this track than years before when it was a "survive till you hit the wall" kinda deal.

Seemed like it worked tonight with a track that only has capacity for 10,000.

BTW, everyone on here who's been to Eldora has raved about it. To me it looked like the corner seats are way too low and are very far from the track.

15. Good racing and guys were driving the wheels off those things. More Dirt!

Seemed like it worked tonight with a track that only has capacity for 10,000.

BTW, everyone on here who's been to Eldora has raved about it. To me it looked like the corner seats are way too low and are very far from the track.
I've been there and I raved about it.

Do you think Stewart might be getting a better deal on the NASCAR sanctioning fee and a nice check from the TV money?

11 I love this race

I've been there and I raved about it.

Do you think Stewart might be getting a better deal on the NASCAR sanctioning fee and a nice check from the TV money?

I honestly think he's putting his own money into the event. Did you see those pyrotechnics at the beginning of the race! Most tracks don't give half as good of a display at the finish! He had a flame thrower on the pit wall!!!

No way he makes money. Too few seats. Too much investment. Glad to see it though. He loves it.

I honestly think he's putting his own money into the event. Did you see those pyrotechnics at the beginning of the race! Most tracks don't give half as good of a display at the finish! He had a flame thrower on the pit wall!!!

No way he makes money. Too few seats. Too much investment. Glad to see it though. He loves it.

Honestly, I think that part of the problem with NASCAR today. A lot of the track owners don't have the same passion that Tony Stewart does. When Eldora has a race, Tony Stewart goes balls to the wall on the presentation and the entertainment. More track owners need to be like Tony Stewart.

Honestly, I think that part of the problem with NASCAR today. A lot of the track owners don't have the same passion that Tony Stewart does. When Eldora has a race, Tony Stewart goes balls to the wall on the presentation and the entertainment. More track owners need to be like Tony Stewart.
For the most part, tracks are owned by corporations, one of them is publicly traded.

They're run by managers. Big business.

A Cup regular wins, and all of these 10's. I freakin' give up. Good night everybody. Holy ****.

A Cup regular wins, and all of these 10's. I freakin' give up. Good night everybody. Holy sh!t.

Similar to what I said in another thread, when Larson has 200 some-odd NASCAR wins, they won't be 10's anymore..

A Cup regular wins, and all of these 10's. I freakin' give up. Good night everybody. Holy sh!t.
I was wondering the same thing. It was a great race and well worth a 10 , but a Cup regular wins and gets a pass? Add to that he is accused of pulling a Bowyer and causing a caution for himself. Add to that two of the top three were saved by 'lucky dogs ' . Add to that there were three passes for the lead among two trucks. Really , a fun race but it seems to be getting off easy

I like Kenny Wallace.

KW is awesome. One time I heard him go off on a tirade about something and when he was finished he said "and if you don't agree with me, you're just wrong." Now there's a level of ****y you kinda have to respect. He is a gem.

To me it looked like the corner seats are way too low and are very far from the track.
I went to the first two Truck races and there's not a bad seat in the house. We sat on the grass in turn 4 and could see everything. It's a bucket list race for sure.

I'll give it a 9. That race was a lot of fun to watch. Only real deductions are for at least two guys (including the winner) parking on the track to bring out the caution. With the Lucky Dog in place, a more severe penalty (5 laps?) seems to be in order for that.

I saw some good racing. I noticed near the end of the race that those out of the running got out of the way of those going who were still racing for the win or for positions. I felt for the kid who was racing Kyle for the lead; Kenny Wallace was ready to jump the fence to help get his truck going (I got a kick out of Kenny's enthusiasm during the race).

He has to be making money or he wouldn't continue to have the race.

Again.. 200 wins across all series.

That said, I would give him a pass if he decided to race this one and won. It's NASCAR on dirt. Everyone's welcome. Lol

He has to be making money or he wouldn't continue to have the race.
The televised NASCAR event provides tremendous exposure for the track and likely attracts customers for other races on Eldora's schedule.

9.5 even though Kyle Larson is a Cup regular, he is still basically a rookie.

I would like to see a 3-5 year cap on cup regulars. If you have raced more than half the cup sesason for 3-5 consecutive years, your days in the lower series are done. Kyle Larson is right on that cusp in that this is his 3rd year in Cup. I'm not a Kyle Larson fan but I still basically consider him a rookie. I was surprised more of the other cup rookies weren't in this race. Glad to see guys like Abreu and Friesen and Schrader in it. And of course, Norm Benning.

Coverage was, well, let's just say that the morons in the booth (specifcally Mikey) really, really hurt the broadcast. Thank God Kenny Wallace was there in the pits.

The race itself, a 10+ I mean damn. It's just a shame that Pierce lost that tire, because he and Larson were putting on a show, and it would have been a down-to-the-wire race between those two. (oh, and Pierce was that kid that was battling with Kyle. Tremendous late model driver who's father is Bob Pierce, great late model chassis builder and hall of famer). Track was in fantastic condition, probably the best it's been for the truck race so far. I mean hell, there was an actual cushion! A real cushion, not just some lose trucks that the Waltrips would call a cushion.

The only really negative I took away last night was there was zero coverage, almost not even a mention, of the support class. A huge TV audience, many of which were of the nothing-but-nascar variety, and all they see is trucks on dirt. I mean sure, that in itself was great, but to not even give a glimpse of the other division really does a disservice to dirt track racing.

Makes sense, but isn't there TV revenue also available for bigger purses.
Additionally wouldn't a track like Indianapolis Motor Speedway have a higher operating cost or overhead due to the size difference alone.
Maybe 35 thousand in attendance for an Infinitity race is no more profitable for them than a packed house at Eldora for a truck race?

Coverage was, well, let's just say that the morons in the booth (specifcally Mikey) really, really hurt the broadcast. Thank God Kenny Wallace was there in the pits.

The race itself, a 10+ I mean damn. It's just a shame that Pierce lost that tire, because he and Larson were putting on a show, and it would have been a down-to-the-wire race between those two. (oh, and Pierce was that kid that was battling with Kyle. Tremendous late model driver who's father is Bob Pierce, great late model chassis builder and hall of famer). Track was in fantastic condition, probably the best it's been for the truck race so far. I mean hell, there was an actual cushion! A real cushion, not just some lose trucks that the Waltrips would call a cushion.

The only really negative I took away last night was there was zero coverage, almost not even a mention, of the support class. A huge TV audience, many of which were of the nothing-but-nascar variety, and all they see is trucks on dirt. I mean sure, that in itself was great, but to not even give a glimpse of the other division really does a disservice to dirt track racing.
I have to agree, it was a shame that Pierce lost the tire AND had transmission issues. I think it would've been a hell of a battle and a hell of a finish.

I have to agree, it was a shame that Pierce lost the tire AND had transmission issues. I think it would've been a hell of a battle and a hell of a finish.
Yeah, the only reason he wasn't able to continue was because his car wouldn't move, and they made him go to the care center. Just a flat tire, if he could have kept rolling, he still might have had a chance (although I'm not sure there was enough time)

9.8, awesome race as usual. My only disappointment was Larson getting away uncontested. I think Pierce would have made it really close.

Because that Cup regular hasn't even won a Cup race. Also, you see all these 10's because of the race itself, not the guy in victory lane.

Back
Top Bottom