Rate The Race: Michigan1

Not the best race of the year, but light years ahead of either Michigan race from 2015. I'll go with a 7.

I wish JGR would have put Daniel Suarez in the 19 for the last 50 laps or so and see if he could run down Joey Logano like he did with Kyle Busch on Saturday :)!

0 the best drivers in the world are not supposed to have 7 or accidents.NASCAR is now nothing more than the WWE, as the crew chefs know, with manufactured, made for TV entertainment.

Nice! I almost thought you were being serious. Nearly got me.

(If you are being serious then please delete your account and never refer to yourself as a racing fan again We don't need you)

solid 8. Lots of passing. not the most exciting race but sliced bread nailed it all day. Almost as good as truex's win last week.

It was better than a typical Michigan race. I like seeing Elliot and Larson running up front. It looked like there was more racing going on behind the leaders. Some of the restarts looked like Pocono going 3-4 wide.

Better than Michigan has been for years. Even "back in the day" it was normally a strung out, boring(on tv) race.
Wish Truex hadn't wrecked. Might've been a little more interesting.

Good racing throughout the pack, not so much up front Logano had a good car and was incredible at restarts though. I liked seeing some tire wear and two of my three drivers finished in the top 3 so I give it a 10

Get the cars off the ground. Better than the normal Michigan race but not a great race by any means.
I'm not following you. Should they be driving on the retaining wall? Or do you mean they should be airborne? I'm certain it isn't either one of those, but I don't know what you mean by 'off the ground'.

Get the cars off the ground. Better than the normal Michigan race but not a great race by any means.
Next year's Michigan rules package...

ZZZZZcrash-action1.jpg

This lower downforce rules package created an awesome contest of driving skill, and I'll rate it 9.0. Corner entry at 218, mid-corner apex at 175, and the cars able to run close and pass. Drivers working hard to control the car and get around the track at competitive speeds. This is what racing is all about, IMO.

The 22 had everyone covered, and the relative scarcity of passes for the lead was because the fastest car was already leading, duh. Once Goodyear has a chance to create a matched tire, should be even better.

I'm not following you. Should they be driving on the retaining wall? Or do you mean they should be airborne? I'm certain it isn't either one of those, but I don't know what you mean by 'off the ground'.

Yes you do. :D

I do? Dang it, I'm not telling me stuff again. I hate it when I shut me out.
Andy likee short track racin' ... splitter not sealed to track ... side-skirts ditto. In short-track journoese, they are "off the ground".

He might like big track racin' more if race speeds were reduced to 120 mph ... I'm not really sure.

Andy likee short track racin' ... splitter not sealed to track ... side-skirts ditto. In short-track journoese, they are "off the ground".

He might like big track racin' more if race speeds were reduced to 120 mph ... I'm not really sure.
Ah. So what's the gripe with splitter and skirt clearances?

Yes 120 mph would result in better racing. The Goody's Dash series was crazy from Bristol to Daytona.

6. That would be a solid 8 for the race as I LOVED how the cars were so squirrely with a minus 2 for Logano the Wonder Boy being the winner.

Congrats Sliced! How ya been man?
Thanks man.. been good.. gotta try to get in here more. been trying to make an effort on race days but throughout the week its tough.. how r things? Bet you've enjoyed the season to date with all the wins your boys have been piling up

Thanks man.. been good.. gotta try to get in here more. been trying to make an effort on race days but throughout the week its tough.. how r things? Bet you've enjoyed the season to date with all the wins your boys have been piling up

I'm good man. Loving the season so far, but I think that the tide is turning. Taking the fans, welding the truck arms, and 0 toe has hurt my guys. Believing that Penske is ahead on these changes. Their engineering team is so badass. Always happy for your wins after I get done getting pissed about my loss man. You are a great fan! Miss your posts...but I get it--they come at a price sometimes, and nobody can blame anybody when that price isn't worth it. I get it. Enjoy your win week!

I'm good man. Loving the season so far, but I think that the tide is turning. Taking the fans, welding the truck arms, and 0 toe has hurt my guys. Believing that Penske is ahead on these changes. Their engineering team is so badass. Always happy for your wins after I get done getting pissed about my loss man. You are a great fan! Miss your posts...but I get it--they come at a price sometimes, and nobody can blame anybody when that price isn't worth it. I get it. Enjoy your win week!
Yeah it's hard to say Penske doesn't have the edge on the new rules so far.. considering they've won both.. but there's only 1 more with those rules this year.. they fell behind on the rules for this year but I think they're back. Looking forward to next season already though lol...I get two win weeks haha .. damn off weekends.

Back
Top Bottom