Rate The Race: New Hampshire Motor Speedway

Pretty good for a race here (maybe the best ever), but this is still my least favorite track on the schedule.

I have to go with a 7.5

Happy with seeing Delana's wife beating the haters.
The duel between Truax and Kenseth was good stuff too. Kenseth was fast off the corners and it was fun watching him use that to hold Truax off.
I liked the long green runs. Wished there had been more, even if it would have changed the outcome. I would prefer seeing a race run more like the first half of the race.

Chase drivers letting each other by was so obvious it made me sick. When everyone just wants a "decent finish" to advance to the next round the racing sucks. Somehow this format was supposed to improve racing???

Chase drivers letting each other by was so obvious it made me sick. When everyone just wants a "decent finish" to advance to the next round the racing sucks. Somehow this format was supposed to improve racing???
hell even harvick let the 18 by. they need to move on for the money and sponsors

I will go with a 6 as I really enjoyed the long green flag period before the first mystery caution but after the the cautions started allowing cars back on the lead lap I started losing interest. IDK what the deal is with Truex but he sure squanders a lot of opportunities.

6. I appreciate the high degree of difficulty that Loudon presents, but this follow-the-leader affair just did not entertain me, which often is the case at Loudon. There was an epic battle for the lead between the 20 and the 78, but that did not salvage the race IMO. And I agree with Speedbowl's comment about points racing. That is inevitable with the current chase format, which de-emphasizes points racing in the regular season, but brings it back in full force once the chase starts. With Nascar's ridiculously flat points scale, that won't change until the format or the points scale are overhauled.

I got my admission's worth.

An 8. That finish made all the difference on my outlook of the race.

1 because I'm a race fan + .4 because I kinda like Harvick + .2 for the two Danica cautions that kinda made me giggle + .1 for Big Bill's roll over in his grave + .1 for Bill Jr's roll over in his grave + 3 because if Dale was still around sh!t would be different + 1.2 for the fans and teams standing for our national anthem!!!!!

SOLID 6 ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!! WHAT A RACE!!!!!!

1 because I'm a race fan + .4 because I kinda like Harvick + .2 for the two Danica cautions that kinda made me giggle + .1 for Big Bill's roll over in his grave + .1 for Bill Jr's roll over in his grave + 3 because if Dale was still around sh!t would be different + 1.2 for the fans and teams standing for our national anthem!!!!!

SOLID 6 ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!! WHAT A RACE!!!!!!

Great Avator

Thank you! That's why I got sucked into this drug we call stock car racing! Kinda looks like it's in the wind tunnel! LOL!!!!

I was thinking Red Farmer

6. I appreciate the high degree of difficulty that Loudon presents, but this follow-the-leader affair just did not entertain me, which often is the case at Loudon. There was an epic battle for the lead between the 20 and the 78, but that did not salvage the race IMO. And I agree with Speedbowl's comment about points racing. That is inevitable with the current chase format, which de-emphasizes points racing in the regular season, but brings it back in full force once the chase starts. With Nascar's ridiculously flat points scale, that won't change until the format or the points scale are overhauled.

I am surprised by your low rating as it is almost like you put your Joe Six Pack cap on today and watched the race as a fan. It always seems you are able to make lemonade out of lemons by appreciating the high degree of difficulty the each track presents. Are there many or any tracks that present a low degree of difficulty for the drivers in your estimation?

I agree 100% about the unintended consequences the chase format produces but I disagree that the action between Truex rose to the level of being epic. I saw some good hard racing for a short period of time but not once in a lifetime stuff.

Back
Top Bottom