Bonehead of the week: Bristol II

MRM

Team Owner
Not sure who I'd give the bonehead to this week. I have Brad K's crew for not giving him enough gas to win the X race on Friday. There is Allgaier for not slowing down and plowing into Kyle Busch's stopped car. I also have NASCAR for having jet dryers and the Air Titans on the track during a major downpour. And there's me for going up to the race on Saturday knowing it was going to rain, seeing 38 green flag laps, and not getting home until 2:45 a.m.

Not sure who I'd give the bonehead to this week. I have Brad K's crew for not giving him enough gas to win the X race on Friday. There is Allgaier for not slowing down and plowing into Kyle Busch's stopped car. I also have NASCAR for having jet dryers and the Air Titans on the track during a major downpour. And there's me for going up to the race on Saturday knowing it was going to rain, seeing 38 green flag laps, and not getting home until 2:45 a.m.

Sorry you missed the race ......... that really sucks :(

Bright side ................. you got to see Kyle Busch lead the race

I vote for myself for thinking Kevin Harvick was gonna pull a Mark Martin and finish second or enter pit road on the last lap or something.

Being a Harvick fan is tough sometimes. But glad he won today. And at Kyle and Joey's house no less. :D

I give it to the 46 spotter. Cost 4 races right there. (well, if Busch could have made corrections to whatever the problem is, then four. Otherwise three)

Allgaier for sure. Runner up is all the win to get in guys that didn't try to take 2 tires on the final stop

Allgaier/ Spotter. The 78 was running up front all race, again, and got taken out by a knocklehead move by another driver, again.

Nothing brings joy to my heart then seeing bk and boosh behind the wall. :)

The pit crew for the 21. Consistantly lost several positions on pit road.
Blaney battled back after every stop only to have them lose spots again. I believe this could have been his race and he ended up crashed again because he was back where he shouldn't have been.

Taking a second look at the Allgaier incident, I could see how it happened. The spotter could have done a better job of slowing him down, but I think Allgaier saw the 18 and thought the car was going to continue to slide down the track, but the pine tar stopped the 18 from sliding any further and the 46 had already commited to going high.
In slow motion it looks like he has a ton of time to decide, but at full speed it all happens pretty fast. The 18 looked like it was going to slide into the 7 so the 46 tried to avoid by going high. It just didn't work out.
Then again maybe the 46 just made a dumb move!

Taking a second look at the Allgaier incident, I could see how it happened. The spotter could have done a better job of slowing him down, but I think Allgaier saw the 18 and thought the car was going to continue to slide down the track, but the pine tar stopped the 18 from sliding any further and the 46 had already commited to going high.
In slow motion it looks like he has a ton of time to decide, but at full speed it all happens pretty fast. The 18 looked like it was going to slide into the 7 so the 46 tried to avoid by going high. It just didn't work out.
Then again maybe the 46 just made a dumb move!
That's basically what Allgaier said. Then again, these cars are pretty easy to drive from our couches and recliners..... He shouldn't have hit him.

That's basically what Allgaier said. Then again, these cars are pretty easy to drive from our couches and recliners..... He shouldn't have hit him.

I don't know, it was a tough day in the ole #1 lazy-boy yesterday. The rain delay really stretched out the beverage stops but increased the number of pitstops, but we will on our game next week! She may be old, but I'd put the #1 lazy-boy up against any couch out there!

I'm surprised that no one said Kurt, for spinning out.

For me you can't blame Kurt for digging was excited to see the 2 Shr cars battle it out with the 2 Penske cars....not as excited as I will be next year though.

For me you can't blame Kurt for digging was excited to see the 2 Shr cars battle it out with the 2 Penske cars....not as excited as I will be next year though.

Kurt blamed himself for, as you say, digging too hard. He just wanted to win so bad. I know he hates when he takes out other people. I feel bad for the #2.

Back
Top Bottom