Rate The Race: Sonoma

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
9. Good racing all back through the pack and even up front at the end. All of the different strategies were fun to watch. And Tony kicked some butt. :D

Gotta go with an 8, but 10 for the winner

Awesome racing all the way through. Great to see Tony win in such a dramatic way.

9. Good racing all back through the pack and even up front at the end. All of the different strategies were fun to watch. And Tony kicked some butt. :D

Good race 8+ great last lap 9+

I'll go 8.25. From the debris caution to the end it was great, but the rest of the race was meh. Only a few good moments as strategies got a little wonky and they didn't really play out. It's so weird to see Sonoma become a tires race.

6/10. A full course debris caution for a spring rubber out of the groove should be questioned, but I guess people just like action.

Very good race. I noticed that without the "ringers" there were very few Bonsai moves which meant drivers were racing but not banging each other. Lots of cars on the lead lap. 9. for the race and 10 for the winning moves.

9 but I like almost all 'em. This year has had a lot of action, good finishes, good stories and half a season yet to go.

8 .... not a great road course race at all .... could care less who won but mighty glad it wasn't Denny

I'll give it an 8. There wasn't much racing, but the finish did bump it up. I would have rather Denny won as I've never been much of a fan of Tony, but oh well.

8. Good racing at a not so great track. Love NASCAR on road courses, just not this road course.

I like Tony, but I declare shenanigans, once again. Was this was another "ratings game" caution? very questionable especially when Tony pitted and came out in front. Did henny damlin over shoot the last turn on purpose? Hell yeah. I aint buying it. Last year kyle bus'h dominance after an injury? yeah same thing. No wonder people are losing interest. Most any major sport can be "managed" for ratings except golf. Seeing a Chevrolet beat a foreign car makes my day, but this looked way too intentional to me. Sorry, but I aint buying it. Tony is a great road course driver and I like to see him win, but this was handed to him for ratings plain and simple. Losing interest? oh yeah . maybe someone threw that "spring rubber" out the window on that caution. There are so many "ratings" moves by nascar it isnt even funny. Most of you wont remember this but in 1992 Richard Petty's last Daytona race ever ( in July) he qualified 2nd . He had a hard time qualifying in the top 35 his last 3 years, most times he had a "past champions provisional" to make the race.I really like R. Petty back then and still do but it was highly questionable back then. I can name at least 10 different "ratings game" things that have happened over the years How about Danica makes the pole for her very first Daytona?? Before all you neah sayers come crashing down on me, I like Tony and I'm happy he won but it really looked fishy to me. Too fishy.

9 the race was great but we need another tire or tire maker,
bring on Hooiser

I like Tony, but I declare shenanigans, once again. Was this was another "ratings game" caution? very questionable especially when Tony pitted and came out in front. Did henny damlin over shoot the last turn on purpose? Hell yeah. I aint buying it. Last year kyle bus'h dominance after an injury? yeah same thing. No wonder people are losing interest. Most any major sport can be "managed" for ratings except golf. Seeing a Chevrolet beat a foreign car makes my day, but this looked way too intentional to me. Sorry, but I aint buying it. Tony is a great road course driver and I like to see him win, but this was handed to him for ratings plain and simple. Losing interest? oh yeah . maybe someone threw that "spring rubber" out the window on that caution. There are so many "ratings" moves by nascar it isnt even funny. Most of you wont remember this but in 1992 Richard Petty's last Daytona race ever ( in July) he qualified 2nd . He had a hard time qualifying in the top 35 his last 3 years, most times he had a "past champions provisional" to make the race.I really like R. Petty back then and still do but it was highly questionable back then. I can name at least 10 different "ratings game" things that have happened over the years How about Danica makes the pole for her very first Daytona?? Before all you neah sayers come crashing down on me, I like Tony and I'm happy he won but it really looked fishy to me. Too fishy.

and todays race rating ? :D

9.5 on the nonsense scale.

Great race, 9.75 for me, including an extra quarter point for Toni's first win after three years of tough breaks. But even without that, it was hard fought from green to checkers between a bunch of very fast cars, plus interesting strategies playing out.

#NASCAR Logano on end: "Going into Turn 11 I was 100 percent sure that Denny was not going to win just by watching it." Prepared 4 contact
From Twitter.

He just capitalized on a mistake. Nothing fishy. Just good, hard racing.

Back
Top Bottom