RATE THE RACE: The Night Race at Bristol

Race: 9
Winner: 8
ESPN: 9

This was one of the better races of the year. Most of my guys had a bad night and I still pretty much enjoyed it. Had the finish been a little closer, I could probably have given it a 9.5.

Race:8.5
Overall outcome: a freaking 2

Was gonna go a 10 for the first half or so, then my other driver was taken out.
Thanks Chevy driving, UFC backing, family kind of man.
Oh, wait.
Never mind.

Downgrade for the phantom caution at lap 68.

Great crowd.
Great race, nonetheless.

Wish I was playing the drink whenever you hear Rusty Wallace say "I tell you what" game during the race, as he said it 3 times within 30 seconds during the mid-race Rapid Recap.
Ahhh, those were the days.

9.9 great race, great crowd.

Beating, banging, pushing, and no patience. I loved it!

Congrats Sliced and to the other weird guy who just gave up on Edwards, lol.

I went to Bristol spring race in '09, I'll be going to the night race next year for sure.

Also had a blast watching with my dad, who got me into racing in 1996, just a young 6 year old back then.

He went to both Bristol races for 12 years, the last being 2011. I'll be surprising him with tickets. Nothing like watching with your ol' man :)

Edit: Just got a text from a friend who took his 9 year old son to his first race, the kid would never even give NASCAR a chance, but that has changed, he said his son ABSOLUTELY LOVED it tonight!

0D4KB13.gif

8.5- Short track racing > everything else

Would've been a 9 if Dale didn't get swept up in Harvick's mess or Jamie could've sealed the deal..

Am I really the only one that thought this didn't live up to Bristol standards? It wasn't bad, and I enjoyed watching it, but it was a "meh" for me.

The best part of the race for me was learning that Kyle Busch's crew chief feels the same way about KB that the rest of us do. So for that, I'll give it a 7.5

Am I really the only one that thought this didn't live up to Bristol standards? It wasn't bad, and I enjoyed watching it, but it was a "meh" for me.

The best part of the race for me was learning that Kyle Busch's crew chief feels the same way about KB that the rest of us do. So for that, I'll give it a 7.5

I saw more guys being moved than usual, and that's what Bristol is about. The high line is strong, but you can pass on the bottom if your car is good enough. If not, move him and go on by.

I saw more guys being moved than usual, and that's what Bristol is about. The high line is strong, but you can pass on the bottom if your car is good enough. If not, move him and go on by.
I was expecting a single file race like Nationwide. The cup race was way better than what I was expecting, but maybe I'm just a little nostalgic about Bristol.

I miss the old Bristol.

I was expecting a single file race like Nationwide. The cup race was way better than what I was expecting, but maybe I'm just a little nostalgic about Bristol.

I miss the old Bristol.

I never got to enjoy the old Bristol, where guys got moved. For years it seemed like single file frustration. The multi-groove racing was awesome this spring, but I enjoyed this one more. Seemed like everyone was racing real hard. Even Kenseth couldn't block anyone tonight. I hate blocking, BTW. Actually, I hate when guys let themselves get blocked.

I am giving it 9 as well , I agree, one of the best races of the year, tonights race at some points reminded me of the old Bristol before they F uped the track.

Race : 9.5 = All of the short track races have been great this year
Winner : 8 = Not the biggest Joey fan, but good for him, wish Brad could have gotten him at the end
Ravens beating the Redskins a 10:D

If all three races at Bristol didn't crank your tractor then you should take up competitive crocheting. In my opinion of course.

8.5 It held my interest, there was plenty of great racing on display. I'm happy for Gonzo who seems to have turned his career around quite nicely, good kid.

It's a Ten! Dave Rodgers makes the quote of the year! "Just park it in front of the hauler and take your whiney little ass to the bus" Quote from Jayski.

That will be a hard one to beat.

I give it a "really good race." Would have gotten a higher score if it weren't for that last caution.

I will give it an 8.5. Good race but Harvick ruined it for a number of drivers.

Back
Top Bottom