Rate The Race

Did someone rate the race the way they voted in Florida ??

Was there a race Sunday or was it an exciting exhibition of fast cars running at a slow pace for an extraordinarily long time??

Like it or not, Mark Martin won fair and square, and every other driver earned their finishing position.
Ya gotta love Ryan Newman for his comments. "The driver ran out of talent entering pit road". Things are easier to deal with if you can laugh at yourself.

Matt Kenseth said what he should have and it was not politically correct, but it did need to be said. Not bad for a guy who never complains.

This crap is beginning to get to me. This event was nothing more than controlled mayhem and a "snafu" by NASCAR . What a screwed up deal. You would think NASCAR just got the concession for putting on races in the big leagues instead of running the show for over fifty years.

No wonder I am losing interest in the NEXTEL Cup Series. The trucks are more fun to watch than these candyazzed primadonnas with megabudgets and manipulating sponsors.

Here's a question for ya, did Jeff Gordon quit ??
Or was his car bent too badly to repair.

Okay, the thread is intended to rate the exciting exhibition considered by some to have been called a "race". Give it a six and that is really more than it should get. I may be sarcastic and angry but not cheap.
Ah screw it. Make it a 5.5 !!!!!!! How's that for compromise? :bounce:

There were a lot of cheers when Dale sr. hit the wall in Daytona. BUT. theos cheers turned into silence when he didn't start climbing out of the car. I a strong beliver that no real race fan wants to see noboby hurt. :cheers:

Originally posted by Whizzer@Jun 7 2004, 05:02 PM
Here's a question for ya, did Jeff Gordon quit ??
Or was his car bent too badly to repair.
The front suspension on his car was pretty torn up. (Add the fact that he really doesn't like the idea of making repairs to a car and putting it back out on the track just to make laps. He more or less made that statement [just put it in my words] when he was interviewed in the garage after said incident.)

I give the racing and passing during the race a solid 8. Mark Martin's win a solid 9. Too many caution laps and Nascar delays -10. That leaves the race at a rocky 7. ;)

Great Post whizzer. :cheers:

And DE_W I agree with what you're saying about the cheering for wrecks. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom