RCR and their future

I'm surprised you haven't played the B…..d Childress card yet … lol … peeps should really know how you feel about him … I'm just messing with Kmart … I doubt RCR will ever amount to much anymore as I doubt either grand kiddy will amount to much …
My biggest problem with him was how he treated Jack when he came in. I usually don't forget and hardly ever forgive.

Lots of folks are stuck on winning, so they think a team's future is make or break and they have to win or die. Funding is more important and RCR is one of the best funded teams in Nascar. Like FL fan points out. Brandon Jones's dad is Mr. Rheem. Keep him and Mr. Menard happy along with the CAT people. Newman making the final race and having a shot at the title foo foo's some around here because he didn't win a race, waa waa, but the CAT people plunking down the hard cash are happy I bet.
I was pulling for either Ryan or Matt to take it ALL....... with NO wins.......

My biggest problem with him was how he treated Jack when he came in. I usually don't forget and hardly ever forgive.

This is just me but I can't see holding a grudge against someone I don't even know …

I was pulling for either Ryan or Matt to take it ALL....... with NO wins.......
Me too … I was pulling hard for Ryan but he would have had to win which I could have lived with …

Nothing against Austin, but after all the hype he received at the beginning of last year. And for Kyle Larson to take the reigns and run with em', I can't help but think RCR's short term will be dismal.

As I recall , Richard's driving career was going nowhere too , until he got lucky with a young upstart driver and hit the lottery.

But Dale had already won a title, driving for Rod Osterland (sp?) in 1980.

I really hope RC can keep his team relevant but losing Harvick was huge. I think Harvick has made them look better than they are for a while now.

Dale did exactly the same thing. He was the only driver to have any success with RCR.
Have to give Harvick credit for his accomplishments as well.
I really do think one of the grand kids will do well enough, hopefully top 20 every year.

RCR, pouring some concrete in order to expand their race shop.

Could just be an added room to store all of the extra cowboy hats, I'm not sure.

B7t3ncZIAAARvJ4.jpg:large

Nothing against Austin, but after all the hype he received at the beginning of last year. And for Kyle Larson to take the reigns and run with em', I can't help but think RCR's short term will be dismal.

Look at what they did to JLo at JGR. Made a difference once he got away from them.

I think I will give Dillon 3 years to get used to Cup and then make a judgement. We really don't
know what orders grand dad gave him. I think he did fabulous job of finishing races and laps.

jack came in thinking he was going to show all the rednecks how to race and was smarter then everyone else, and take over nascar.

jack came in thinking he was going to show all the rednecks how to race and was smarter then everyone else, and take over nascar.
I have to disagree...... but.... that's only my opinion........... My view might be slanted because I was always a FoMoCo fan.......and a big fan of Jack since his Gapp and Roush days in drag racing. I see you are a Bowtie Fan..... and.... that's all good..... competetion between the brands is what made this sport healthy. That aspect has been taken out of the equation anymore.

I have to disagree...... but.... that's only my opinion........... My view might be slanted because I was always a FoMoCo fan.......and a big fan of Jack since his Gapp and Roush days in drag racing. I see you are a Bowtie Fan..... and.... that's all good..... competetion between the brands is what made this sport healthy. That aspect has been taken out of the equation anymore.

What do you mean???? I just joined the CoMoFo group. o_O

Childress isn't a current match for Hendrick aka Mr H, or Penske. I also have had a feeling that they were on sinking sand after Harvick announced he would be leaving and taking Bud in late 2012.

I have wanted to believe that the mission to put the grandsons in cup would bite them, and it still may.

But RCR does have resiliency. Newman also looked like a driver in the downside after being told he was no longer needed at SHR. But very much like RCR he just hustled or blue collared his way to the finale, and came close to giving RCR a seventh title.

I think Richard is a lot better at running a buisness or racing team than most want to believe. The biggest concern for them is in how well they will transition after Richard is done. But most all of top elite teams have the same concern.

It always works out for him, just when you think he is down, up pops a new sponsor or a driver who can bring in the money.

I thought he made a huge mistake hiring Jeff Burton. Roush couldn't get a sponsor for him yet at RCR he always had
a sponsored car and it wasn't daddy's money, it was a RCR sponsor.

Isn't Rick grooming Jeff Gordon to run the company when Rick decides he wants to step down or aside?

I hear people say that all the time. But I've never heard Jeff Gordon express any interest in running the organization.. or any race team. Could he have a team in any of the series? Yes. Does he have a race team anywhere?

I agree Pat, once he is done driving, I think he is done period. The only thing that has happened in recent history that cast
any doubt (for me) was that he sold out his NY home and built in Charlotte. So maybe he does have future Nascar plans.

Could be he will start his own team and HMS will then be HMS/SHR/JGR. :)

Reactions: Pat
Understandably it is universally understood that RCRs glory years were the Earnhardt years.
But it should be noted that Childress has competed as an owner in what is now the Sprint Cup Series since 1970.

They just got better with Dale, but they operated prior to that, and they have afterwards. They have come close to winning titles since those years as well. He has also made some good adjustments with personal when they have slumped in the past. A proven ability to manage resources well.

I don't see any championships in the next few years. But I would say he is solid enough to win races as long as chooses to be an owner.

I think Austin Dillon is the future. 2 tenths of a second is the difference between running 1st and 15th every week. Over time, Austin will learn how to pick up a tenth of a second. It's no secret that RCR had an off year this year, so I think at some point their equipment will improve enough to be a tenth faster on its own. After this happens, expect Austin Dillon to finish in the top 5 on a nearly weekly basis, because teaching him to be consistent is no problem at all. He's the most consistent driver in Nascar.

I think Austin Dillon is the future. 2 tenths of a second is the difference between running 1st and 15th every week. Over time, Austin will learn how to pick up a tenth of a second. It's no secret that RCR had an off year this year, so I think at some point their equipment will improve enough to be a tenth faster on its own. After this happens, expect Austin Dillon to finish in the top 5 on a nearly weekly basis, because teaching him to be consistent is no problem at all. He's the most consistent driver in Nascar.

Off year? For the record, Burton finished 20th last year, Harvick 3rd, and Menard 17th. This year Newman 2nd, Austin Dillion 20th his rookie freakin year, and Menard 21st. For a year with two new drivers on board, one of them a rookie, I think they had a hell of a year. the doom and gloomers were predicting a disaster this year. Didn't even come close to happening.

I agree, if you didn't have Larsen running last season to compare to, everyone would be praising him.

Off year? For the record, Burton finished 20th last year, Harvick 3rd, and Menard 17th. This year Newman 2nd, Austin Dillion 20th his rookie freakin year, and Menard 21st. For a year with two new drivers on board, one of them a rookie, I think they had a hell of a year. the doom and gloomers were predicting a disaster this year. Didn't even come close to happening.

Unlike other seasons, RCR had no speed this season. Newman altered his driving style to suit that at season's end.

Back
Top Bottom