Remembering Alan Kulwicki

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
20 years today since we lostAlan Kulwicki.

alan-kulwicki.jpg

20 years ago today on April 1, 1993, defending Winston Cup champion Alan Kulwicki and several others tragically list their lives in a plane crash on their way to Bristol for that weekend's race. I was always a big Kulwicki fan,and I still wonder to this day what he might have become and how many titles he may have won had he not been taken so soon. He basically built a Cup team from scratch and won a championship with it just 6 years later, which is remarkable. Rest in peace, Alan.

wow has it been that long !

i was on our corp. jet that night coming home from a business trip in Kansas City, and our pilot heard on the raido that there had been a crash between Knoxville and TRI, had no idea who it was till the next morning

I can only imagine how far he would have gone, He probably would have become a powerhouse team owner.
He did it his way.

RIP Alan

I was just a kid then, but I remember watching that 1992 final race at Atlanta like it was yesterday. Alan winning the championship, the King's last ride and Jeff Gordon making his debut. What a great time to be a NASCAR fan and watch Alan accomplish what he did with so little. We lost way to much in 1993.

uploadfromtaptalk1364868989867.jpg

Racem hard bud, you always did.

I was just a kid then, but I remember watching that 1992 final race at Atlanta like it was yesterday. Alan winning the championship, the King's last ride and Jeff Gordon making his debut. What a great time to be a NASCAR fan and watch Alan accomplish what he did with so little. We lost way to much in 1993.

View attachment 6633

First race I consciously remember watching as a kid... Can still watch it today in amazement. RIP Alan you will NEVER be forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom