Reseeding

ted@economy

in the interest of equal time
I still think drivers need to be reseeded back into the field as they are knocked out . These one hit wonders don't deserve to end up 16th instead of 35th where they belong . Their career stats are distorted . Owners probably hype the inflated record to potential sponsors . Its out of whack .

If NASCAR just changed the top 30 in points to top 16, this issue wouldnt arise.

Remember the Good Ol' Days when teams finished in the positions they actually earned? Man, I miss those days. But I digress.....

I still think drivers need to be reseeded back into the field as they are knocked out . These one hit wonders don't deserve to end up 16th instead of 35th where they belong . Their career stats are distorted . Owners probably hype the inflated record to potential sponsors . Its out of whack .

I hope that any of those potential sponsors are smart enough to do their homework before jumping in with both feet. If they don't, they won't be long to the sport anyhow.

I think it would add yet another layer of complexity for the average, inattentive fan. How did my driver go from 16th in points to 35th in once week?! etc. Plus, if we are trying to replicate a playoff, there is some sense in playoff drivers finishing above those who didn't make it.

I think it would add yet another layer of complexity for the average, inattentive fan. How did my driver go from 16th in points to 35th in once week?! etc. Plus, if we are trying to replicate a playoff, there is some sense in playoff drivers finishing above those who didn't make it.
Some of us are still confused about how they went from 35th to 16th. Putting them back where they should be , just makes sense. Besides , I am sick and tired of the new pea brained fans who get confused by lapped cars starting on the inside lane . Why don't they watch golf? There is literally nothing to learn.

I'd guess it's about the same number of drivers who go from 29th to 13th in one week.

Kyle Larson would have finished 8th in points in his rookie season had the eliminated chasers been reset to pre-chase points, but unfortunately he could do no better than 17th in points thanks to this glorious format.

Kyle Larson would have finished 8th in points in his rookie season had the eliminated chasers been reset to pre-chase points, but unfortunately he could do no better than 17th in points thanks to this glorious format.
That's why I think drivers eliminated from the chase should loose the bonus points and return to the season points system. The point of a playoff is to crown a champion.

And teams want to finish the year as close to the top as they can. To say part way through a season that 17th is the best you can do is ridiculous.

I can do the math. At Talladega, Joey Logano got 955 points for winning, Denny Hamlin got 961 points for finishing 3rd, and Austin Dillon lost 882 points for finishing 9th. :D

This, more than anything else I've read, sums up the absurdity of the Chase.

Back
Top Bottom