NASCAR betting?

racingfan7

Start and Park
Contributor
Anyone here do sports betting on NASCAR before? Currently in Nevada right now so I'm wondering if it's worth it or not.

Delete if not allowed.

Anyone here do sports betting on NASCAR before? Currently in Nevada right now so I'm wondering if it's worth it or not.

Delete if not allowed.
Define 'worth it'. If you enjoy gambling then it's worth it for the entertainment. If you're trying to improve your financial state, there are better investments. Remember that the house always makes money and it comes out of the gamblers' pockets. Or were you talking about setting yourself up as a bookie? :D

I'm bored and looking for some entertainment with the small possibility of cashing out.

Odds:

Kyle Busch - 4/1
Johnson - 4/1
Harvick - 4/1
Truex - 4/1
Logano - 8/1
Keselowski - 8/1
Kenseth - 8/1
Edwards - 10/1
Elliott - 10/1
Hamlin - 12/1
Larson - 12/1
Kurt Busch - 20/1
McMurray - 20/1
Kahne - 30/1
Dillon - 40/1
Newman - 45/1
Stewart - 45/1
Field - 12/1

Have $40 to spend on today's race. Not spending a lot since I'm going to Phoenix. Looking to put $20 on Edwards and $20 on Kenseth or Hamlin.

Edwards led 124 laps in the spring, is in a must win situation, and ran well at Kansas.

Mainly posted the thread to see anyone else's advice. Guess I should look at the prediction threads most likely.

Have $40 to spend on today's race. Not spending a lot since I'm going to Phoenix. Looking to put $20 on Edwards and $20 on Kenseth or Hamlin.

Edwards led 124 laps in the spring, is in a must win situation, and ran well at Kansas.

Mainly posted the thread to see anyone else's advice. Guess I should look at the prediction threads most likely.

If I was going to bet, I would use the ten-lap practice averages more than any anecdotal stuff about who needs to win.

Edwards was first in the 2nd practice on 10 lap average, 5th in happy hour with 10 lap average.

I'm betting nascar will be but a distant memory inside of 25 years.

Plenty of other good racing to go around than a sanctioning body that isn't making a compelling product in Cup & Xfinity.

Unreal. Decided to pick Dillon because he was 40/1 before he got changed to 15/1.

And Edwards ends up winning.

Of all sports betting, NASCAR is by far the most difficult with Golf coming in 2nd....that's based upon my (and my hardcore sports betting acquaintances) experiences. If you are looking to get into sports betting I would highly suggest just focusing on the NFL. I personally know someone who a few years ago, bought a 2nd home in Vegas just to be able to bet on NFL games. Over the past 4 years he has averaged about $80,000 profit per year just from NFL betting.

Yeah I bet on football as well. Would have won $240 if the Eagles won/covered.

I did Ned Jarrett's race deal about 15 years ago, you paid $150, made your picks and you won points to spend on over priced swag. I considered it a form of gambling and it reduced my enjoyment of the races that year because I was concerned about my "bet". I also noticed things that bothered me like when the Pontiac 400 was won by a Pontiac (I noticed a couple other similar curiosities). I ended up with a couple decks of cards (Rusty Wallace and Dale Jarrett team colors) and a Dale Earnhardt chip clip (the cheapest thing you could use your remaining points on). It was a rip-off.

Yeah I'll stick to football. NASCAR odds of winning suck. Nothing significant money wise though.

Back
Top Bottom