Restrictor plate strategy

D

DE_Wrangler_2

Today's Busch race had several drivers playing a strategy in order to avoid the "big one". The dropped way back at the beginning of the race to ride the race out and then make a run for front after the "big one". I'm not sure, but there were about 5 or 6 cars that played the strategy. Bobby Hamilton and David Green are the only ones I'm sure did it. Well, from the results of the race, that sure didn't work out well. My thinking is that a strategy like that is pretty stupid. It's a defeatist attitude and the epitome of pessimism........either that or just plain fear of racing. I'd rather not believe the fear part so I'll just say it's stupid. I believe I heard all the commentators say the several teams plan the same strategy for tomorrow's race. I really hate to hear that about the top echelon of the top stockcar racing series in the world. I think the strategy should be get out in front............and that's the way to avoid the "big one". :(

And to further my point...........how did that strategy play out? Look at Bobby Hamilton. He had a pretty strong car.....would he have been mid pack when he did his silly below the line stunt and cause all that mess at the end of the race? Maybe he would have.........but with his dropping back for almost half the race, we'll never know. I want my favorite driver to drive every lap as if it's the last lap...........lead every lap he can. Not dogging it till the competition thins out.

I certainly agree with that thinking DEW!!
bugbike.gif
bulldog56.gif

bottom line qualify up front, stay up front and you just might survive and win or get a top 5

The way I see it is that it's a lot easier to avoid the wrecks if they're happening behind you.

Back
Top Bottom