Rumor mill

Yes I'm well aware Rodney Childers has a ring. I hear all the time on this board a chase title is a fluke when Kyle won but I guess when it's to help win an argument then it's legit :idunno:. Theirs plenty of crew chiefs that build fast race cars that aren't dumb enough to let Jimmie pit early and build a 20 second lead at Atlanta and be utterly imcapable of understanding that you need short run cars to win races, and a crew that doesn't make 15 second stops

I hear all the time on this board a chase title is a fluke when Kyle won but I guess when it's to help win an argument then it's legit :idunno:.

People claimed it was a fluke when Kevin Harvick won in 2014. Then, when Kyle Busch won, the same people thought it was legitimate. Just like the old Chase sucked until Tony Stewart and Brad Keselowski won.

Kevin Harvick either would have won a championship in 2014 or 2015. Pick one. Can't have it both ways.

Yes I'm well aware Rodney Childers has a ring. I hear all the time on this board a chase title is a fluke when Kyle won but I guess when it's to help win an argument then it's legit :idunno:. Theirs plenty of crew chiefs that build fast race cars that aren't dumb enough to let Jimmie pit early and build a 20 second lead at Atlanta and be utterly imcapable of understanding that you need short run cars to win races, and a crew that doesn't make 15 second stops
You've never heard it from me.

The engineers will tell you that longer green runs are trending. Beyond that, lots of races have been won with longer run setups.

If that were my over the wall crew, I'd fire somebody and wait to see if I had everybody else's attention.

I was just listing reasons Harvick might consider leaving. I do like the current chase I just find it funny how some fans are so finicky with its legitimacy.

There is no clear and constant pattern to comments about Stenhouse

Yes, there is.

This happens to be a thread about Kevin Harvick possibly replacing Kasey Kahne at Hendrick Motorsports. So, Kahne's performance over the past few years is sort of relevant to the subject. Sorry if this offends you.

I like Kasey Kahne and I want him to stay with Hendrick. I'm rooting harder for him than anyone not named Elliott or Mears. But he simply needs to start performing better. I'm not putting all the blame on him, in fact I'm wondering if Rodden might be the bigger problem.

KK stats prove he is a capable driver. His results over the past few years show glimpses of that but it seems as if his best days are behind him.

He is not currently bringing anything to the table that a dozen other drivers couldn't. I hope he proves me wrong but, in my opinion, at this moment if he were to be fired I would not blame the man behind the curtain.

Yes, there is.

This happens to be a thread about Kevin Harvick possibly replacing Kasey Kahne at Hendrick Motorsports. So, Kahne's performance over the past few years is sort of relevant to the subject. Sorry if this offends you.
I'm not talking about this thread specifically, the race thread on Sunday out of nowhere decided to start throwing him under the bus, any thread remotely about Kyle Larson does. It happens all the damn time..

I'm not talking about this thread specifically, the race thread on Sunday out of nowhere decided to start throwing him under the bus, any thread remotely about Kyle Larson does. It happens all the damn time..

Kasey Kahne's poor performance is a subject matter, in general. A relevant one, because he's occupying one of the most desirable rides in NASCAR. This is no different than the hate that was directed at Brian Vickers and Bobby Labonte five years ago, or Michael Waltrip and Jeff Burton 10 years ago.

It's a "lifer" culture in Cup. Once you get a top-tier ride, it's almost impossible to lose it. If a quarterback had a 2-14 record one season and threw for 11 touchdowns and 23 interceptions, that quarterback would be gone unless he plays for the Jacksonville Jaguars. But, in NASCAR, a lot of drivers cling to really great rides long past their shelf life has expired. Kasey Kahne happens to be that guy right now.

He got a contract extension because Hendrick felt confident that Kahne could be a championship contender for years to come. And since getting that extension, he's done nothing. Kahne gets hate because of that because there are a lot of really great drivers waiting for the opportunity to race in Cup.

It has been widely reported that SHR has an option for either one more year or two more years on Harvick, and yet no mention of that in this thread. Has the option been confirmed to not exist? If so, I missed it. How do those who predict this seat swap for 2017 feel about the option reports? Do you believe these reports are false (including Harvick's own comments about it)?

I agree - if they can get Rodney to come then its a no brainer for Harvick.

I am not sure Rodney would want to go though - he has a real opportunity to advance himself if he can be apart of the SHR Ford transition and build them into one of the top teams in the garage.

I cannot imagine Rodney not going with Harvick. Harvick made him.

Nobody is crowning Larson.

This is a world, and a sport that is centered around forward thinking. Why would you sign a guy at the end of his career for maybe 4-5 years when you could lock up one of it's youngest rising stars for 20? Not really sure how that's not a no-brainer.

HMS is at a crossroads. They need to start getting younger, not older. And unfortunately there aren't many names coming down the Hendrick pipeline at the moment. Jones, Suarez, Bubba, Bell, JHN, Custer, etc. They're all going elsewhere.

Harvick is driving like he has at least two more championships in him (hate myself for saying that). You take that all day over a guy who has yet to prove he can even get one let alone a win. Let us not forget that everybody was very sure that Larson would win after Kyle beat him in Fontana in 2014. Still. Hasn't. Happened.

I agree that teams and manufacturers must think forward, but sponsors want it yesterday.

Idk about that subpar pit crew thing Biff...the 24/5 crews aren't near as good as the 48/88. The 5 crew is "ok", they really shined in the fall Richmond Xfinity race with Chase, but that ain't saying much.

JGR intimidates the **** out of all of them, honestly.

He has talent for sure, I just don't think he has elite talent. He's like a B driver that's getting A+ hype. And yikes that's a terrible list lol. The ROY award basically became meaningless after those couple of years

I'd agree. I am astounded over the ****ting of pants over a second place finish.

At this point I just laugh at the blatant hypocrisy Revman. We know if Kasey Kahne ran the race Larson did and lost to an 8th place car we'd be hearing about how big a choker and hack he is. But when Larson comes up short when all the stars aligned for him to win he's the next David Pearson.

We should send Larson a Christmas ham though. If any other driver with fresh tires and one of the fastest cars in the field was in that position they would've found a way to win. Thank you Kyle for putting my boy Kenseth into victory lane! :D;)

At this point I just laugh at the blatant hypocrisy Revman. We know if Kasey Kahne ran the race Larson did and lost to an 8th place car we'd be hearing about how big a choker and hack he is. But when Larson comes up short when all the stars aligned for him to win he's the next David Pearson.

I hear ya man. We can look at what Kenseth did to Kahne in Bristol and Vegas in '13, and what was said then. Frankly, I think Matt intimidated Larson.

We should send Larson a Christmas ham though. If any other driver with fresh tires and one of the fastest cars in the field was in that position they would've found a way to win. Thank you Kyle for putting my boy Kenseth into victory lane! :D;)

Throw Chase a bone...he occupied Larson for a crucial stretch of that run. Always nice of the Hendrick boys to help a Toyota out.

I cannot imagine Rodney not going with Harvick. Harvick made him.
Rodney said last year, when he extended, that Harvick will be the last guy he acts as CC for. So either Rodney leaves for HMS as well (not likely), Harvick stays at SHR, or Rodney finds another role within SHR as he said they'll have for him, should he have been telling the truth last year.

It has been widely reported that SHR has an option for either one more year or two more years on Harvick, and yet no mention of that in this thread. Has the option been confirmed to not exist? If so, I missed it. How do those who predict this seat swap for 2017 feel about the option reports? Do you believe these reports are false (including Harvick's own comments about it)?
Even if the rumors are true and he is going to HMS, he cant say anything on Twitter tell its made official , so either why, he is going deny the rumors for the mean time

Kasey Kahne's poor performance is a subject matter, in general. A relevant one, because he's occupying one of the most desirable rides in NASCAR. This is no different than the hate that was directed at Brian Vickers and Bobby Labonte five years ago, or Michael Waltrip and Jeff Burton 10 years ago.

It's a "lifer" culture in Cup. Once you get a top-tier ride, it's almost impossible to lose it. If a quarterback had a 2-14 record one season and threw for 11 touchdowns and 23 interceptions, that quarterback would be gone unless he plays for the Jacksonville Jaguars. But, in NASCAR, a lot of drivers cling to really great rides long past their shelf life has expired. Kasey Kahne happens to be that guy right now.

He got a contract extension because Hendrick felt confident that Kahne could be a championship contender for years to come. And since getting that extension, he's done nothing. Kahne gets hate because of that because there are a lot of really great drivers waiting for the opportunity to race in Cup.

you forgot he gets hate as he is a pretty boy :D

To me since he left dodge, his threat to win each and every week diminshed

you forgot he gets hate as he is a pretty boy :D

To me since he left dodge, his threat to win each and every week diminshed

He didn't leave Dodge. He drove for Gillette-Evernham, who then merged with Yates and became a Ford team. The car just changed from Dodge to Ford right under him.

It's May. Harvick isn't going to say anything right now even if he is thinking about a switch.

EVERY type of athlete does this. They have to. They aren't at liberty to talk about it yet. What is Harvick supposed to do here, stand in the lobby of SHR and say to a reporter "Yeah, I'm very disappointed with the recent moves we've been making and I'm exploring other options". No. He needs to keep bluffing because he has no choice.

2017 free agents that I'm aware of
● Ryan Newman
● Paul Menard
● Greg Biffle
● RIcky Stenhouse
● Jamie Mac
● Aric Almirola
● Denny Hamlin
● Martin Truex
And all the other 2nd tier drivers
????? Maybe these are true just going off jayski

2017 free agents that I'm aware of
● Ryan Newman
● Paul Menard
● Greg Biffle
● RIcky Stenhouse
● Jamie Mac
● Aric Almirola
● Denny Hamlin
● Martin Truex
And all the other 2nd tier drivers
????? Maybe these are true just going off jayski

Newman is going to retire because he won't have any decent options on the table once Ty takes his seat.

Menard fills the void in the 4 seat at SHR following Harvick's departure, because as evidenced by Danica and the switch to Ford, SHR loves a cash cow. Clint and Kurt are the performers and that's good enough.

Biffle retires and Buescher gets the 16 ride.

Stenhouse can wheel. His equipment sucks but he's actually a very good driver, and he's safe at Roush.

And the rest aren't going anywhere either.

Newman is going to retire because he won't have any decent options on the table once Ty takes his seat.

Menard fills the void in the 4 seat at SHR following Harvick's departure, because as evidenced by Danica and the switch to Ford, SHR loves a cash cow. Clint and Kurt are the performers and that's good enough.

Biffle retires and Buescher gets the 16 ride.

Stenhouse can wheel. His equipment sucks but he's actually a very good driver, and he's safe at Roush.

And the rest aren't going anywhere either.

So thats kind of saying 2017
31 Newman
33 was 27 TY
4/27/14/15 whichever # but Menard SHR
5 Harvick
??? Kahne
16 Buescher
17 Ricky
1 mac
11 denny
43 aric
78 truex

I'll take a swing at this.

Harvick to the 5. Childers goes with him.
Clint to the 14 which will become the 15 as he brings 5 hr energy with him.
Kahne goes to the 14 at HScott.
Newman to the 4 but Grosjean runs the road course races.
Ty takes over the 31.
Everyone else stays put, Biffle does not retire and stays in the 16 one or two more years, Jamie Mac stays in the 1, denny stays in the 11, FRR creates a 2nd team and takes on Erik Jones.

4-Harvick
5-Larson
31-Ty Dillon
16-Buescher, next season or year after depending on biffle retiring
17-Stenhouse
1-Jamie Mac
14-bowyer
42-Kahne
43-Almirola
11- Denny
Erik jones to 2nd furniture row ride, Biffle and Newman retire

I don't understand this Newman retirement thing. He is only 38 years old. Is it more of a forced retirement because no one will take him? The guy has made the chase almost every year.
Also I see a similar situation with Greg Biffle. He is only 46 and has at least 4 years left in him. I would love to see him at Penske in a 3rd car or SHR if Harvick leaves.

I think retiring in your early 40's is rare. I don't think Jeff Gordon is totally done either he is only 44. I think he will take a 2nd year off and come back in a limited role to race in a few races. I think he gets bored in the booth after next year.

I don't understand this Newman retirement thing. He is only 38 years old. Is it more of a forced retirement because no one will take him? The guy has made the chase almost every year.
Also I see a similar situation with Greg Biffle. He is only 46 and has at least 4 years left in him. I would love to see him at Penske in a 3rd car or SHR if Harvick leaves.

I think retiring in your early 40's is rare. I don't think Jeff Gordon is totally done either he is only 44. I think he will take a 2nd year off and come back in a limited role to race in a few races. I think he gets bored in the booth after next year.
Newman was about 500 feet from a championship just two years ago, I'm sure somebody would snatch him up if RCR cuts him loose.

Back
Top Bottom