Rumor mill

Is someone's bold prediction to do with the 5 car?

I'll take a swing at this.

Harvick to the 5. Childers goes with him.
Clint to the 14 which will become the 15 as he brings 5 hr energy with him.
Kahne goes to the 14 at HScott.
Newman to the 4 but Grosjean runs the road course races.
Ty takes over the 31.
Everyone else stays put, Biffle does not retire and stays in the 16 one or two more years, Jamie Mac stays in the 1, denny stays in the 11, FRR creates a 2nd team and takes on Erik Jones.

Damn, back to the drawing board. Let's see,

Harvick in the 4,
Newman in the 31,
Ty in the 33,
Clint to SHR in the 15, the 14 will change to 15 to make it easy on 5hr energy.

Kahne, Hamiln, Jamie Mac all stay put.
Biffle might end up somewhere new next year but not a lot of places to go that can compete for a championship so he probably signs a 1 year deal with Roush. Maybe a 3rd car at Penske?
Erik Jones in a 2nd car at FRR?

Damn, back to the drawing board. Let's see,

Harvick in the 4,
Newman in the 31,
Ty in the 33,
Clint to SHR in the 15, the 14 will change to 15 to make it easy on 5hr energy.

Kahne, Hamiln, Jamie Mac all stay put.
Biffle might end up somewhere new next year but not a lot of places to go that can compete for a championship so he probably signs a 1 year deal with Roush. Maybe a 3rd car at Penske?
Erik Jones in a 2nd car at FRR?
I don't see Grandpa starting a fourth team for Ty. Newman may be out.

I don't think Penske's interested in a third car, especially with the #21 already under his wing.

And I don't know where either of them would get a charter for another car.

I think this is what a lot of people forget when they say "this car owner may start a new team for (insert driver here)". Starting a new team isn't as simple as it used to be. The 21 team seems to be doing ok without a charter, but that's mainly because they don't have much non-chartered competition at the moment. If a couple team owners decide to form new unchartered teams, things will get a little messy.

I think this is what a lot of people forget when they say "this car owner may start a new team for (insert driver here)". Starting a new team isn't as simple as it used to be. The 21 team seems to be doing ok without a charter, but that's mainly because they don't have much non-chartered competition at the moment. If a couple team owners decide to form new unchartered teams, things will get a little messy.

So to go off that, how does Furniture row plan to expand next year? They would be in competition with Penske if they decided to buy one for the woods brothers. Is it even possible for FRR to run an un-chartered team alongside a chartered one? Or would they need Partner with their own satellite team like Penske does?

So to go off that, how does Furniture row plan to expand next year? They would be in competition with Penske if they decided to buy one for the woods brothers. Is it even possible for FRR to run an un-chartered team alongside a chartered one? Or would they need Partner with their own satellite team like Penske does?
If I were FRR, I'd be making a hefty offer to BK for one of their charters. It would infuse a lot of cash into that team and they could focus on DiBenedetto, selling the 23 charter to FRR. If JGR wants that charter for Erik Jones, Barney Visser could make Joe Gibbs foot the bill.

Here is to what could have been:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 181
Is it even possible for FRR to run an un-chartered team alongside a chartered one? Or would they need Partner with their own satellite team like Penske does?

They can run 1 with a charter and 3 more without.

Non-charter cars earn less ... even if they win.

I don't see Grandpa starting a fourth team for Ty. Newman may be out.

I don't think Penske's interested in a third car, especially with the #21 already under his wing.

Not sure if you saw the article on Jayski or not, but RCR is already looking into a 4th car. I posted the article in this thread a little earlier.
Our goal is to put Ty in a fourth car. That's what we're working on. We have a good relationship with all of our car partners."(Motorsport)(5-13-2016)

Nothing is set in stone, but it sounds like they want to keep Newman. I suspect Catepillar likes Newman and are going where he goes so if RCR wants to keep that money coming in then they need to start a new car for Ty.

Not sure if you saw the article on Jayski or not, but RCR is already looking into a 4th car. I posted the article in this thread a little earlier.
Our goal is to put Ty in a fourth car. That's what we're working on. We have a good relationship with all of our car partners."(Motorsport)(5-13-2016)

Nothing is set in stone, but it sounds like they want to keep Newman. I suspect Catepillar likes Newman and are going where he goes so if RCR wants to keep that money coming in then they need to start a new car for Ty.
I am not sure I would go as far as to say that CAT would follow Ryan, CAT has been with RCR since 2009.

Hmm, so, let see if I got this straight, Havick said back when the Ford deal was announced, he had no plans to leave SHR, and now, he signs a long term extension with SHR, shocking.:laugh:

How about Kenseth 'n Keselowski swappin' rides. It'd make for some interesting interaction among roomies.

Thanks. I must have missed that.

My interpretation of that article is... (a) Ty Dillon is "in", and (b) Ryan Newman is "out," unless (c) a new, long term, $20 million per year sponsor comes on board to allow us to keep both. Just my opinion.

CAT is attached to RCR, not Newman. They are signed longer term to the 31 than Newman is and had sponsored Jeff Burton in that seat previously of course. Ty is getting the 31.
Yes, thats what I was saying, no was does CAT follow him

If JGR wants that charter for Erik Jones, Barney Visser could make Joe Gibbs foot the bill.

Absolutely....and you can be assured that Erik will come with sponsorship generated from JGR's people. Barney is getting a very good deal IMO....and he deserves ti.

The thing I don't get is the venom toward Bowles from Smoke....and the BS from Harvick. I mean, it wasn't like he said that Kevie was sleeping around or doing coke. Now, Gluck is all twisted up because Bowles made the media look bad. Wasn't hard. I am starting to feel that the NASCAR media is just bunch of hacks with some very rare exceptions.

I can't see Hamlin fitting in at Hendrick. Mr. H wouldn't put up with a lot of his antics.

He could learn to live with it. Probably harder for him to see the 5 be complete ****.

I wonder if there is anything happening soon on the whole RCR front? A few weeks ago Menard said he was a few weeks from making an extension announcement.

I wonder if there is anything happening soon on the whole RCR front? A few weeks ago Menard said he was a few weeks from making an extension announcement.
I think a lot of announcements will be made after the Richmond race. Depends on whether Newman makes the chase or not too.

The Sponsor has more say than anyone else.
I notice Cat stayed with Burton long after he ran up front.

Back
Top Bottom