Rusty Wallace Racing driver Michael Annett busted for DWI

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Not a great way to start you career with Rusty Wallace Racing.....

Source

NASCAR driver charged with DWI

MOORESVILLE, N.C. -- A driver for Rusty Wallace Racing was arrested early Sunday morning and charged with DWI, failure to reduce speed, texting while driving and resisting public officer.

According to a police report, Michael Annett rear-ended a car that was stopped at a red light at the intersection of NC Highway 150 and Williamson Road.

An officer said he noticed Annett shoving breath mints into his mouth so he requested another officer come to the scene of the accident to administer a DWI test.

According to the police report, Annett had a blood alcohol concentration of .32.

On Annett’s website, his bio page says that he moved to North Carolina before the start of the 2008 racing season after signing a deal with Bill Davis Racing to participate in the ARCA Racing Series superspeedway events, a number of races in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, and to participate in a testing program.

Annett joined Rusty Wallace Racing for the 2011 season. He drives in the Nationwide Series.

020711+Michael+Annett+Mug.jpg

Mugshots no one takes a good one.

Also I'm sure a guy who has been drinking sends readable texts while driving.

According to the police report, Annett had a blood alcohol concentration of .32.
i'm surprised he could drive, much less text. i'd fire him.

i have no tolerance for drunk drivers, zero. seen too many friends lives ruined by them.

http://www.csub.edu/counselingcenter/mentalhealth/bloodalcohol.shtml

BAL .30 %: You're in a stupor. You have little comprehension of where you are. You may suddenly pass out at this point and be difficult to awaken. (But don't kid yourself: Passing out can also occur at lower BAL's. But, at lower blood alcohol levels, you may decide You've had enough to drink and go "pass out." With an alarming BAL like .30%, your body will be deciding to pass out for you.) In February 1996, an 18-year-old student died of alcohol - poisoning with a BAL of .31% after attending two parties the night before.

Show him the door Rusty. I know people will say that's extreme but drunk driving is something you can't make an excuse for.

.32? Are you kidding me? That boy is a pro alcoholic.

.32? Are you kidding me? That boy is a pro alcoholic.

Yeah, I was thinking that he's been at this awhile to function at that level.
Prime candidate for a pink slip, and a trip to rehab.
MoMike

Well he can kiss any chance of a Cup or Nationwide career good bye!

Another one bites the dust.

Add him to the growing list of talent that blows it all being stupid.

.32 WOW!!!!!!!!!! lol. Im surprised he could drive let alone text... whew.... good thing Miller isnt Rusty's sponsor no more.....lol

UPDATE: Statement from Rusty Wallace:Rusty Wallace Racing is aware of a traffic incident over the weekend involving Michael Annett, driver of our team's #62 car. We have been in contact with both the authorities and NASCAR and are finishing our internal investigation into the facts. Rusty Wallace Racing does not condone, nor tolerate, substance abuse by any of its employees. In line with this, RWR is currently working with Michael to develop a package of sanctions which will address this issue. Among these will be successful completion of a comprehensive alcohol awareness program, a zero tolerance policy towards alcohol use, a year-long community service program and additional internal sanctions. Stated Annett, "I am deeply remorseful for my actions and my extreme lack of judgment. I let down my team, my sponsors, my fans and my family; I sincerely apologize to everyone that I hurt. This was truly a life-changing moment for me. Despite all of the negativity that will undoubtedly arise from it, I'm going to strive to use this incident as the impetus to make a lot of positive changes in my life."

Seems like it's not his first time.....

MOORESVILLE, N.C. -- State DMV records show a NASCAR Nationwide Series driver charged with DWI, texting while driving and resisting police was involved in a crash seven months ago and used a similar excuse.

Full story and video here.

How do you think NASCAR should react to this?

Update on this.....

Nationwide Series driver gets suspended jail sentence for DWI, loses his license

Nationwide Series driver Michael Annett entered a guilty plea Friday in N.C. District Court to driving while impaired and received a suspended sentence of 120 days of jail. He also was sentenced to 48 hours of community service, a $200 fine (along with court costs), and two years of unsupervised probation. With his conviction, his license is revoked for one year, although Annett can apply for a restricted driver’s license after 45 days. Annett’s penalties fit under Level 4 in the North Carolina sentencing guidelines for DWI.

Link

2 DUI's in 7 months and he gets 48 hours community service and a $200 fine??
Big whoop on the suspended sentence.

When did he get the second one? i just remember the first one back right before daytona.

I love prepared statments by people who screwed up royaly.

I think this was his penalty for the first and last DUI. It seems appropriate to me.

I can't see Nascar justifying no suspension.
I don't use any narcotics, but I see driving with a blood level of .32 as worse, than a recreational use of other narcotics if it doesn't involve driving.

Nascar is rigid hardcore on one, but not on the one that unquestionably endangered many lives. A highway tragedy is bad enough without the P.R. problems, and I do have an old High school friend who died driving drunk, I don't take that most serious part lightly. But what kind of damage would it do to Nascar if one of it's own drivers killed someone, due to DUI.

Yeah, Rusty should send him packing, but with a son like Stephen driving, idiocy is probably an expected norm. Keeping the focus on the other idiot, spare's a no talent son of being the worse case.

The conviction was for the DUI in February, 2011. It was just settled. The most recent DUI hasn't gone to court yet.

I think this kid may have just screwed his life up big time.:(

Two words come to mind.
Last Call.
Done.
Finis.
Kaput.
Okay,maybe 5 words.

Back
Top Bottom