Ryan Blaney appreciation thread

JJ_14

Go Briscoe!
Gotta give Ryan Blaney some love. His father was a fan favorite but didn't really accomplish much in NASCAR. Ryan, OTOH, has been stellar. He is very consistent & is able to eek out a win here & there every year. To me, he's a modern Ricky Rudd, although Blaney has a much higher ceiling.

Here he is representing Ford in the Final 8. That's a very nice feat considering how bad Ford has been this year. He's carrying Penske right now, & pretty much all of Ford. I don't see any other blue oval making it past the Round of 12.

Blaney is my second favorite driver. If I have to root for somebody not named Briscoe, it's Blaney. I like having a favorite driver that can contend for wins.

Can Blaney shock the world of NASCAR & steal the championship? Ryan has plenty of momentum, I think he can get it done.

Blaney did a great “bad” job acting on that Kevin James NASCAR show. He was so clearly having fun trying to act it cracked me up. Def a guy that seems like he’s just enjoying life. It’s nice to see him not always be a bridesmaid this year. Plus he isn’t Byron 😬

I'm not sure where his head was in the final stage. He had three seconds over Larson and Byron, and they weren't closing. He still wanted to play bumper cars with Chastain. I get he wanted to win the race but he wasn't thinking strategically, needlessly wearing out tires he might have needed later.

I'm not sure where his head was in the final stage. He had three seconds over Larson and Byron, and they weren't closing. He still wanted to play bumper cars with Chastain. I get he wanted to win the race but he wasn't thinking strategically, needlessly wearing out tires he might have needed later.
We need to talk to Jeff Burton about that. He knows where all of the drivers heads are at, what they are thinking and saying in the car during the race.

Lol. So true. I was puckering every time he got close to Ross, moreso with the in-car shots. Don’t know who the spotter was, but the audio they played…..”the 12 is melting down, the 12 is melting down!” made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Lol. So true. I was puckering every time he got close to Ross, moreso with the in-car shots. Don’t know who the spotter was, but the audio they played…..”the 12 is melting down, the 12 is melting down!” made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Why?

Blaney hit Ross, Ross never touched him and raced him clean.

I appreciate the **** out of this guy.....MY guy was on the sideline....no way I wanted to listen to the Chain Gang bull**** for the entire offseason.

Time flies yall

Attachments

• blaneyelliott.jpg
    blaneyelliott.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 46
I've gushed about Ryan Blaney elsewhere, so I'll try to shorten this essay at least a little.

Blaney was the first guy I latched onto when I started paying some attention to NASCAR again after having not done so for several years. He comes across to me as a quiet, humble, genuinely good dude with a good head on his shoulders. No, he doesn't win every week, but he's quietly consistent. I like that. He races hard and stands up for himself out there when necessary, but he doesn't go out of his way to ruffle feathers and start trouble with people.

What I like most about him is that even though he doesn’t win constantly, he always manages to find a young NASCAR fan to give the checkered flag to when he's good/lucky enough to win one. That's really what made me a fan of his in the first place. He just gets it. I think he's a great ambassador for NASCAR, and I'm glad he won the championship this year. Say what you will about the points format, and I certainly have thoughts on it myself, but he's in the history books now as a Phoenix Bowl winner, and no one can take that away from him. ^_^

blaneytrophy.jpg

my-man-denzel-washington.gif

"Can Blaney shock the world of NASCAR & steal the championship? Ryan has plenty of momentum, I think he can get it done."

At least I can say I saw it coming!

Hmm. This is a screenshot from the "who takes home the championship" thread.....

Screenshot-2023-11-07-183436.jpg

Lol just busting your balls, I just happened to be looking through that thread and noticed you posted right before me

Claire B makes my butt itch! She asked the same question 20 times, geeeezzzz.
She has never been a favorite of mine, but I taint ever heard it expressed quite like that....

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom