Ryan Newman

I have been a harv fan since day one, but what he did today is BS. it remains to see what happens, I would like to see both Newman and kez finish ahead of him.

I have been a harv fan since day one, but what he did today is BS. it remains to see what happens, I would like to see both Newman and kez finish ahead of him.

What are you talking about? Some fan you are

I guess when Johnson pulled out and nobody followed him, and about twenty others it happened too during the race..but dog pile ol Harv eh? :blush:

I guess when Johnson pulled out and nobody followed him, and about twenty others it happened too during the race..but dog pile ol Harv eh? :blush:
helping Newman was to harv benefit keeping kez out of the chase. I understand not helping JJ to keep him out the chase.

3 top 5's now....and just 1 DNF (thanks Biffle). he may not be running top 5 every week but well within the top half every week.
Well within the top half...? I liken that explanation to that of a Danica apologist. If Newman wins the championship, he'll be herald as the driver who consistently beat half of the field? That's nuts.

Well within the top half...? I liken that explanation to that of a Danica apologist. If Newman wins the championship, he'll be herald as the driver who consistently beat half of the field? That's nuts.

and then Brian France change the format, AGAIN!

when stats show just 3 top 5's, i didn't know any other words to say. it not like Matt who also has no wins but does have 12 top 5's. i should've said he is consistently a top 15 car each week. no matter he played by the rules stated before the season started and is being rewarded for doing so.

when stats show just 3 top 5's, i didn't know any other words to say. it not like Matt who also has no wins but does have 12 top 5's. i should've said he is consistently a top 15 car each week. no matter he played by the rules stated before the season started and is being rewarded for doing so.
Fair enough. The problem most people see with this championship format is that a consistent top-20 car with 0 wins can win the championship over a car that has 15 wins.

Newman is doing so good because others are not.

He top 15'd his way into the chase... which makes sense being there's 16 drivers. An average finish of 10th-15th is more than enough if there isnt 16 winners. Then he was fortunate enough to not wreck when others did. I think his luck will run out soon... not as many drivers to count on for bad finishes.

Some possible reasons.

1) Newmans spoiler was low. Perhaps Harvick couldn't get to him.

2) Harvick isn't going to help RCR.

3) Harvick feels he owes Brad a bump and run for Louden. He may need that to move Brad at Homestead, and Newman would kick his ass if Harv moved him.

Fair enough. The problem most people see with this championship format is that a consistent top-20 car with 0 wins can win the championship over a car that has 15 wins.
i agree with that. but with 16 drivers and only 10 races, they all can't win, and just chase races, he has some good finishes, good average. but as much as i like Newman i know his performance should not have him in contention to win a championship except with this funky format we have. now if somehow he would win it all, what am i thinking, he not gonna win it all. but i give him credit he's doing what he can to have a shot.

Newman is doing so good because others are not.

He top 15'd his way into the chase... which makes sense being there's 16 drivers. An average finish of 10th-15th is more than enough if there isnt 16 winners. Then he was fortunate enough to not wreck when others did. I think his luck will run out soon... not as many drivers to count on for bad finishes.
so you're saying he just lucky because he doesn't wreck and others do. i guess for his sake, it's a good thing they race these things instead crowning who they think it should be.

so you're saying he just lucky because he doesn't wreck and others do. i guess for his sake, it's a good thing they race these things instead crowning who they think it should be.
Not entirely.. but thats the main reason he's moved on to where he is.. he stepped up and has been finishing top 10 while at least 1 chaser every week has had issues... the competition is taking themselves out of this thing. Thats not as likely to continue in this round as there is less competition. Not saying he can't do it.. he could win M'Ville and be there at Homestead.. who knows.. anything can happen. I just personally think his ride ends here.

Not entirely.. but thats the main reason he's moved on to where he is.. he stepped up and has been finishing top 10 while at least 1 chaser every week has had issues... the competition is taking themselves out of this thing. Thats not as likely to continue in this round as there is less competition. Not saying he can't do it.. he could win M'Ville and be there at Homestead.. who knows.. anything can happen. I just personally think his ride ends here.

Unless he lucks out again and is in the final 4 at Homestead.

damn it's racing, there's winners and losers every race, and you wanna blame him because he not failing and others are. he's a chaser and doing what he can to move on, and you're saying it's because others are not doing what they need to do to move on.

They all were doing the same thing, racing. Some of them weren't as good or as lucky..waaaing about what could of or should of isn't going to change a thing. Points reset and on to Martinsville.

damn it's racing, there's winners and losers every race, and you wanna blame him because he not failing and others are. he's a chaser and doing what he can to move on, and you're saying it's because others are not doing what they need to do to move on.
I'm just saying I don't think he'll make the final 4... I always thought that. I've said for months I think it'll be the 2, 22, 4,and 24... honestly I didnt think he'd even make the chase... but I didn't think Tony was going to in 2011 either. Newman is just ... not winning. I can't even remember him contending for a win this year at all... Why would I consider him a championship contender over those other guys?

Also those 4 drivers I mentioned... the ones who have been the fastest all year... are the only drivers to win in the chase so far. Coincidence?

Last edited:
Nah, you'll be needing wins to advance to Homestead.
3 races 4 drivers they all can't have a win.....but in reality i know he went about as far as he's going, but you never know.

3 races 4 drivers they all can't have a win.....but in reality i know he went about as far as he's going, but you never know.

True. but if not wins, definitely top 5s. For pretty much everyone, not just him.

Realistically, this round will set the real contenders. Lucking into top 10s won't do the trick anymore.

This is a case of there's too many being allowed into the chase. When you can spend 70% of the season running 10th to 15th and have a shot at the championship isn't the mark of much of a champion. Yes, according to the rules he'd be, but that's the problem. The rules are out of whack.

True. but if not wins, definitely top 5s. For pretty much everyone, not just him.

Realistically, this round will set the real contenders. Lucking into top 10s won't do the trick anymore.
Yelp

Back
Top Bottom