Sauter needs a timeout

E

Eagle1

Sauter needs a timeout

Jeff Hammond / FOX Sports

Gene from Stoughton, Wisc.: Do you think Johnny Sauter should be fined for saying NASCAR is trying to take wins away from him?

Jeff Hammond: That's a gray area in my book. It upsets me that a professional at the level he is playing at right now is not smart enough to realize that you don't fight the law. And that's what NASCAR is. There is a tactful way to get across your point. He could have said, "I don't totally disagree with it, but I haven't seen it yet. I think that something needs to be done to make sure that this doesn't happen again." But to come out and be as vocal and callous as he was, I would be concerned if was the owner of his Busch car, Brewco Motorsports, or his Cup car, Richard Childress Racing.

Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images
This young man shows no respect for the powers that be. I don't mean he should kiss NASCAR's butt, but be tactful. He represents too many people to be making the powers that be unhappy with what he says.

Speed Mail Jeff Hammond; watch him on FSN's Totally NASCAR Thursday at 6 p.m. local

Subject:

Comment/Question:

Name: (ex, john doe)
Email: (ex, [email protected])
Hometown:

There are glaring differences between Sauter and Kasey Kahne, two young talents who are vying for careers in NASCAR. Things don't always go right for you and showing respect to the sanctioning body will win you more fans and respect than spitting in NASCAR's face and telling them they're stupid. Kahne has shown an extraordinary amount of composure and professionalism for being such a young talent. I think we've seen that he does have the ability to say -- as he did at Bristol -- I felt like I got done wrong. He showed emotion, but he was able to do it in a respectful manner. I have to applaud the way Kahne handled last week's race at Nashville as well as the situation at Bristol, and he's a really class 24-year-old who has a bright future in our sport.

FOX Sports

What Johnny Sauter needs is a swift kick in the ass. If he keeps his shenanigans up, someone may remind him that he's not the only driver who knows how to play chrome horn. Rusty Wallace comes immediately to mind.

Most of these young guys have to learn the hard way. Rusty was just as brash in his early Cup career as anyone else. He got taught. Tim Richmond got schooled. Tony Stewart learned that it ain't all that much fun after being upside down. Jimmy Spencer tutored Kurt Busch on it. And somebody is going to make a project out of young Master Sauter, and that right soon I think.

I agree completely EMP, if Sauter doesn't slow down and realize what he has going for him (racing the best in pretty good equipment) and realizing how lucky he is to be there somebody on the racetrack will take care of him. I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't get a little at Martinsville this weekend. ;)

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Apr 15 2004, 06:01 AM
Most of these young guys have to learn the hard way. Rusty was just as brash in his early Cup career as anyone else. He got taught. Tim Richmond got schooled. Tony Stewart learned that it ain't all that much fun after being upside down. Jimmy Spencer tutored Kurt Busch on it. And somebody is going to make a project out of young Master Sauter, and that right soon I think.
Tony Stewart learned his lesson????

He must be taking a couple of elective classes to further his education :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sauter has quickly become a waste of resources for RCR, put Boris Said or Paul Tracy in that same car and let's see what happens...they have nothing to loose at this point.

Originally posted by Splunge@Apr 15 2004, 10:36 AM

Tony Stewart learned his lesson????

He must be taking a couple of elective classes to further his education :lol: :lol: :lol:
For the most part. He only picks on the Hillenbergs of the world now usually and leaves the big boys alone, except maybe a little lovin' sent Newman's way last season. Tony ain't nowhere near as bad as he once was, unless maybe one is a reporter. :unsure:

I am a fan of his. (kind of) but latly i havee been wondering why he can get a ride but better drivers are seatin out just waithin to get a good ride.......man be nice to see Ken Schrader in an RCR car!

Originally posted by de7xwcc@Apr 15 2004, 03:32 PM
hammon needs a timeout, as does DW
On that, you and I are in perfect agreement. I'm so sick of the both of them I could puke.

Sauter is one of my favorites has some of you may know and I do defend him alot. But i saw him say that crap after the race and I was saying to myself what a whiner. Nascar is not trying to keep him from victory lane they are not playing favoriteisms at all cause they fined Junior. Sauter defintely needs to relax look at Kahne he is really impressing me with his attitude.

I don't know if I've used this one before or not but how Sauter manages to get his foot in his mouth and his head up a$$ at the same time is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom