Shane Hmiel News

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shane Hmiel Passes Drug Test: Shane Hmiel, a promising young racer who ran afoul of NASCAR's drug policy last September, passed another NASCAR drug test this week and could be cleared for racing next month. Hmiel, 24, has already been cleared to run the ARCA 200 during SpeedWeeks. - Winston-Salem Journal

I see no rides that are open for him, Kerry Earnhardt is going to drive the 48 in the Busch Series, at least I think so. Petty Enterprises has been courting Shane to drive for them for awhile now, so we might have at least one more ROTY entry before the green flag at Daytona waves.

Would he drive the 44? or are they going to field that one?

I don't know if Shane is ready for Cup yet. I think he would benefit with some more time in the Busch series. Maybe Petty could field a Busch car for him.

As far as I know Fiddipetty will be driving 44 in cup, but info changes on day to day basis.

Originally posted by nascarfan48@Jan 13 2004, 05:20 PM
As far as I know Fiddipetty will be driving 44 in cup, but info changes on day to day basis.
I thought that guy was toast. I could be wrong, though, it's happened before. B)

Shane screwed himself over. He was the Petty's first choice for the #43, but GM said no because of the drug suspension. I can't imagine too many sponsors who would want to be associated with him, nor any good teams picking him up because of the risk he'll use drugs again.

I think Green was the better choice anyway, all Hmiel is guilty of is being part his generation, and not thinking before doing.

Back
Top Bottom