Ban MWR?

• No

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters

sloggie

Racing I will teach you
I created a separate topic for this because I didn't just want to focus on the latest incident.

When a team repeated violates the rules and shows no ethics whatsoever, it needs to be asked if they should be made an example of. From Day 1, this team was cheating. Remember putting Jet Fuel in their carbs to make them go faster?

If NASCAR wants to be a legitimate professional sport and not 'Racertainment' known repeated offenders like MWR need to be booted from the sport.

Toyota needs to make a statement. As do all the MWR sponsors involved. Their silence will show the fan base and the consumers that they are alright with this unprofessional behavior...

No. He has been punished, I wish Bowyer had been pulled out the chase for closure and to put Gordon in for being pushed out.
Bowyer is damaged and pulling him out may have prevented an inevitable payback if Gordon had something better to do like winning the chase.

But a ruling has been made, time to move on to the next race.

Hell no, I don't get all the hoopla over this. It wasn't even cheating IMO, it was team orders given to POTENTIALLY manipulate the finishing order.

Putting jet fuel in the carbs was cheating no question about it, but team orders have been around forever and will continue to be. Pitting the 55 or even the 15's spin didn't mean Newman lost the race, and had his pit crew got the job done he would have won anyways, regardless of the spin.

Mikey should be fired from the booth because he's a blithering idiot, not because his team got caught cheating. I'm guessing that a large percentage of major teams have been caught cheating in some form or another throughout the years.

Banning is too good for MWR! Clearly the entire MWR team should be deported! Or sent to Guantanamo!
Or Mikey has to talk in a fake British accent while announcing the Trucks races.
Or MWR cars only are allowed to use 3 tires. We need to do something clearly insane and self-destructive to stop this from happening again!

Banning is too good for MWR! Clearly the entire MWR team should be deported! Or sent to Guantanamo!
Or Mikey has to talk in a fake British accent while announcing the Trucks races.
Or MWR cars only are allowed to use 3 tires. We need to do something clearly insane and self-destructive to stop this from happening again!
:rolleyes:

Not fired but clearly they need to learn to cheat a little better cause you got to be stoopid to not think that your radio transmissions are not monitored. That was about as dumb as Chad Knauss telling JJ over the radio "Ya gotta wreck the back end of the car if you win"!!!

I'd say they're probably the team that's closest to "deserving" to get banned. A few more major infractions and I don't think it'd be impossible to fathom a day where NASCAR is free from Michael Waltrip in his entirety.

I'd say they're probably the team that's closest to "deserving" to get banned. A few more major infractions and I don't think it'd be impossible to fathom a day where NASCAR is free from Michael Waltrip in his entirety.
Michael Waltrip is turning into a Cash cow for NASCAR. MWR has to contribute enough to the penalty funds @ NASCAR for them to want to keep him around for a while I'm guessing.

Not fired but clearly they need to learn to cheat a little better cause you got to be stoopid to not think that your radio transmissions are not monitored. That was about as dumb as Chad Knauss telling JJ over the radio "Ya gotta wreck the back end of the car if you win"!!!

That move by Chad wasn't dumb at all. That was "mind games". NASCAR is as mental as it is physical. And Chad and JJ have perfected that. The partitions at Indianapolis fall under the same deal. The sole purpose of doing that was to piss Brad Keselowski off - and it was spot on.

Yeah actually.

Maybe not a life time ban but surely a year or two.

Michael Waltrip is turning into a Cash cow for NASCAR. MWR has to contribute enough to the penalty funds @ NASCAR for them to want to keep him around for a while I'm guessing.

Nascar has got a lot of free press this week, and demonstrated at least an attempt to correct the problem.

Repelling or Compelling? I think more casual or new fans will be compelled to check things out, than any losses.
Overall a net gain.
People will write books, documentaries on this story and Zapruder it into infinity.

Nascar has got a lot of free press this week, and demonstrated at least an attempt to correct the problem.

Repelling or Compelling? I think more casual or new fans will be compelled to check things out, than any losses.
Overall a net gain.
People will write books, documentaries on this story and Zapruder it into infinity.
It's been a long time since NASCAR was on SportsCenter all day and all night like it is now.

As for the Hendrick talk ... come on. NASCAR has never seen a manipulation scheme as massive as this. This was not the same as a team having a few start and park cars out on the track. And this isn't the same as failing tech.

I see stunts all the time at short tracks. Drivers pay other drivers to come to the track so they can get a "full field" (maximum points in the NASCAR Whelen All American Series rulebook). The modified guys up north are famous for this. And it happened all year out at South Boston Speedway. The most egregious thing I saw in all that manipulation was when a slow car drove up the track and blocked the leader, twice, so another driver could pass him. And that's nowhere near as egregious as what happened at Richmond on Saturday.

I have never watched sports center until today. Still mourning the loss of Nascar news on the speed channel. It is like a blackout in effect.

As for the Hendrick talk ... come on. NASCAR has never seen a manipulation scheme as massive as this. This was not the same as a team having a few start and park cars out on the track. And this isn't the same as failing tech.

I see stunts all the time at short tracks. Drivers pay other drivers to come to the track so they can get a "full field" (maximum points in the NASCAR Whelen All American Series rulebook). The modified guys up north are famous for this. And it happened all year out at South Boston Speedway. The most egregious thing I saw in all that manipulation was when a slow car drove up the track and blocked the leader, twice, so another driver could pass him. And that's nowhere near as egregious as what happened at Richmond on Saturday.

That sounds worse than driving slow to me.

Mikey tries to come off as a goofball, bisexual, hillbilly but he is as shady as they get .. aside from being the worst driver to ever strap into a stock car he has been involved with plenty of other controversies... Stealing sway bars from Roush, Sterno in his carb at Speed Weeks, fleeing the seen of a (drunk driving) accident, dumping drivers under yellow, profiting from Dale Sr.'s death with his stupid book, rigging his spoiler to lay down in the Truck race at Daytona a few years ago, the list goes on.. If not for his brother's name, the guy would be lucky to be peddling merchandise from a hauler

What MWR did at Richmond was completely disrespectful to NASCAR, it's fans and everybody involved in the sport past and present. Do I think the penalties were enough, no! But they sent a loud and clear message this wouldn't be tolerated and MWR forced them to do so. I feel there season should've ended but not banned for life. MW should never do another telecast until he comes clean as to why and how this happened. This wasn't planned in the last 10 laps at Richmond.

Mikey tries to come off as a goofball, bisexual, hillbilly but he is as shady as they get .. aside from being the worst driver to ever strap into a stock car he has been involved with plenty of other controversies... Stealing sway bars from Roush, Sterno in his carb at Speed Weeks, fleeing the seen of a (drunk driving) accident, dumping drivers under yellow, profiting from Dale Sr.'s death with his stupid book, rigging his spoiler to lay down in the Truck race at Daytona a few years ago, the list goes on.. If not for his brother's name, the guy would be lucky to be peddling merchandise from a hauler

I forgot about those two. More evidence that this guy deserves zero respect from anyone.

What MWR did at Richmond was completely disrespectful to NASCAR, it's fans and everybody involved in the sport past and present. Do I think the penalties were enough, no! But they sent a loud and clear message this wouldn't be tolerated and MWR forced them to do so. I feel there season should've ended but not banned for life. MW should never do another telecast until he comes clean as to why and how this happened. This wasn't planned in the last 10 laps at Richmond.
Yep, every time he's on TV we'll have to listen to his stupid ass excuses.

I think what Mikey was basically guilty of was what they call in college football "lack of institutional control"...meaning he created or allowed an atmosphere where cheating was condoned or at least winked at.

I mean lets be honest. Does anybody really think that Mikey is bright enough to be crunching the numbers and calling the shots late in that race at Richmond?

Back
Top Bottom